1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Anchor Text really matter in SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dhisky, Sep 9, 2009.

I'm new in SEO and I'm making backlinks now on some high PR'ed do follow forums. What I'm doing is I'm posting the exact direct links instead of giving the link an anchor text am I doing it right?

What is the benefit of using an achor text?

Thanks!

dhisky, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. LeifNisaan

LeifNisaan Peon

Best Answers:
    Using anchor text in signature will help you to rank higher in search engine for the key word you will be using. The way you are doing will just improve your backlinks but you will not get any benefit from that.

LeifNisaan, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  3. bvoges

bvoges Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You will get some benefit from having plain url incoming links, but you'll get much greater benefit by using your keyphrases that you want to optimize for in your link text.

bvoges, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  4. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    anchor text is very important, it will have a better impact on rankings, but it should be varied, and adding a small portion of hard links (like what u are doing right now) is always good to complete your natural looking links recipe.

PS: when u use anchor, always try to use it inside a sentence or paragraph when possible.

funkymario, Sep 9, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  5. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link text is the MOST important SEO factor for determining how your URL ranks for a particular keywords. The link itself is considered a "vote" for your URL, but basically only affects the Google Page Rank (PR) of the page (NOT to be confused with how your URL "ranks" in the SERPs). The search engines use the Link Text or Anchor Text from your URL's inbound links as strong signals or hints for what the content or page at your URL is all about. So it is the Link Text primarily that determines what keyword phrase(s) your URL will rank for.

Avoid linking to your site using <a href="yourURL">click here</a> because that tells the search engines that your page is about "click here" and will only help you rank for the search phrase "click here".

So instead of "To find out more about green widgets, click here!" use something like "Learn more about green widgets." Doing this tells the engines that the page being linked to is about "green widgets".

Generally speaking if you're linking to page X then look at the <title> of page X and try to use a keyword phrase (or slight variation of a keyword phrase) from the <title> of the target page. The <title> of a page should always contain the keyword phrase(s) being targeted by the page. Everything else on the page (<h1>, <h2>s, content, etc.) should reinforce the targeted keywords from the <title> as should the link text of inbound links.

Canonical, Sep 9, 2009 IP
    dhisky likes this.
  6. Defcon1Media

Defcon1Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Canonical hit it right on the dot. This guy knows what's up.

Defcon1Media, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  7. dhisky

dhisky Peon

Best Answers:

is it regardless of whether the websites you posted links with anchor text is a do follow or not?

dhisky, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  8. Defcon1Media

Defcon1Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes for the most part. Your best bet is to build quality back links with sites that are related to yours. Use keywords that you are trying to rank for in the anchor text. I managed to get my site PR 1 and an alexa ranking of 700k within a couple weeks of starting it.

Here's what you want to do:

Unique Content- Write your articles around keywords that you are trying to rank for, don't stuff it though. Try to keep a keyword density of around 6%.

Keywords in your Titles, Page titles and etc. Use H1's for intro text and what not.

If you have categories in your Navigation menu, don't use general words like "main, about, news, etc.."

use txt keywords in your nav

For example if you were ranking for something seo related here is an example:
    SEO Tips - SEO Tutorials - What is SEO - Search Engine Optimization - Wordpress SEO

Catch my drift?

Also use keywords in your page name and in your meta description.

Build Quality Back Links with sites that are related to your Niche and use anchor text in them using keywords you are trying to rank for.

Try submitting articles to like ezinearticles and other article directories and link em back to your website.

If you want some quick traffic, make a twitter account and add a couple thousand people and get them to follow you then set up an auto cross poster to automatically post new articles with a link back to your website which will bring you 100+ hits a day right of the bat.

If you need any help or have any questions, send me a PM and I would be glad to help ya.

Defcon1Media, Sep 9, 2009 IP
    dhisky and Jim4767 like this.
  9. dhisky

dhisky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Canonical and TheRantAndRave well explained! I gotta start working now!

Thanks man!

dhisky, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  10. sushilfame

sushilfame Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great Way to Optimize your website and Yes Anchor text Matters a Lot

sushilfame, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  11. omie

omie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! It plays a big role in SEO.

omie, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  12. BeeArcade

BeeArcade Active Member

Best Answers:
    anchor text is so impotent it is the one which tell search engine what is the site all about, without it how anyone know?

BeeArcade, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  13. rogerrnicholas

rogerrnicholas Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your point. But does internal anchor text really matter to Google and other search engines? The answer, Yes! Even though backlinks are definitely one of the most important aspects of SEO, internal links have an important role in showing to search engines what is important on your site as well as what is related.

rogerrnicholas, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  14. backlinks

backlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    YES, anchor text it is one of the most important factors in ranking for a particular term

backlinks, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  15. dhisky

dhisky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Guys for your tips!

dhisky, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  16. gervaisgroup

gervaisgroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Anchor text is very important for your seo campaign. Submit articles and include couple hyperlinks in the body of article or your signature. This works great for seo.

gervaisgroup, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  17. frogjy

frogjy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :):)

great answer~~

frogjy, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  18. MadJim

MadJim Peon

Best Answers:
    All Google cares about is relevance. So anchor text links are powerful. Let me run through something with you that will help you understand how google works.

PLAIN URL LINK - (http://www.mysitename.com) on a site not relevant to what your site is about - Not a good backlink

PLAIN URL LINK - (http://www.mysitename.com) on a site THAT IS relevant to what your site is about - OK backlink

Anchor Text Linked
    - (My Site Name) on a site not relevant to what your site is about - Good Backlink

Anchor Text Linked
    - (My Site Name)) on a site THAT IS relevant to what your site is about - GREAT backlink

MadJim, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  19. dhisky

dhisky Peon

Best Answers:

That's pretty sum it all! thanks man!

dhisky, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  20. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Understanding how to properly use anchor text is very important when it comes to SEO!

Anchor text helps to increase keyword performance of import keywords for websites.

Learn more about the important factors of SEO by reviewing the following link.

The SEO Man, Sep 10, 2009 IP