1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Journal 10 Months $60,000 All Free Traffic

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by petehols, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petehols

petehols Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @XML you can get more links with other article directories, squidoo , hubpAges the list is endless

petehols, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  2. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    This is misinformation in it's highest time wasting form. The amount of search results with or without the quotes is not going to make ANY difference in selecting the right keyword for articles, websites, or anything. Please do not waste your time doing that.

If you have enough links going to an article or website, the chances of hitting the front page are not going to change any if there are 150,000 results or 6,000,000. (If I say any more I risk getting my head being bashed in by a baseball bat from those who are doing it the right way).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    factchecker, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  3. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    From an SEO standpoint and having taken many #1 spots in Google for other products your right it all comes back to links coming in, the relevancy of those links and the authority sites they are coming from as well as the anchor text.

Just build links to your article using keyword anchor text and from time to time if you can afford it write a press release at wordpress or even PRweb is probably the best. Great high PR backlinks.

sp33dr4ge, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  4. petehols

Best Answers:
    @factchecker That is one part of the process obviously there are other parts but the backlinks to your articles do help as well. I have proved this time and time again. The results process of google does also play a factor in the ranking for you articles. I have done this time and time again and the listings are affected by differing parts of the process one of those main parts is building links.

Pete

petehols, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  5. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    It's pretty confusing. I keep reading conflicting theories about this, some claim that the less results that come up for a phrase the easier it is to get to the top of google but some others say that the number of results shown on the top right of the google search does not matter at all as this is not the number of websites you are competing against.

Apparantly to find out the number of websites you are competing against you have to set your preferences to show 100 results for each page, click on the 10th page and then you will see the number of results displayed at the bottom.

ie if you type in 'ipod nano' you get 30,900,000 results, but if you adjust your results per page to ''100 websites per page'' and then go to the last page which is usually 10 or less you see that only 633 results have been shown which isn't that much competition at all when you think about it.

Michelle., Sep 9, 2009 IP
  6. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea.. me too. Maybe this is the like the IT field (the field I am in). Just maybe there are several right ways to do it, and lot of wrong ones.

rickmci, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  7. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    I will give one hint without saying too much. The number of results DO NOT MATTER.... there can be 50 results and you still might not make it on the front page. Do not WASTE your time looking at how many results.

Here's the hint... with out me giving too much.......
    It does NOT matter the amount of google results for a searchword...... All that matters is the strength of the top 10 results. (I will not say any more about this, but that is ALL that matters).....

BIG TIP: If you really want to succeed in Marketing figure out and research why the top 10 results are in the spot they are and for how many other keywords those sites rank for. There are a few free SEO tools and search engine strategies that can when combined can give you EVERY answer you need.

It's like baseball.. If a team wants to be the best.. They research what will make them the best.. That is...whoever has the best pitchers. They don't check how many teams are in their league.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
    factchecker, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  8. Kylven

Kylven Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Pete

I spent roughly an hour a day reading this thread for about a week…what a Great journey!

I exhausted the last 3 years working in my spare time trying to make money online and just really started about 9 months ago. I read and read and read and then taught myself quite a bit about web development. I played around for 2 years designing a bunch of hobby sites until finally feeling I had the experience and know how to give it a real shot.

Funny enough, your approach to making money online I really did not consider. I’ve read a lot of Steve Pavlina and Darren Rowse and they preach on establishing a website for longevity, building a community, create something timeless, and instilling trust to your visitors. I took this advice and helped build a reviews site that has longevity potential, web 2.0 elements for community building, a topic that will always exist, and I’m working hard on creating the primary reviews to be unbiased, informative, and hopefully trust building.

Do you think your way of affiliate marketing will be more successful than if you had spent your time creating a long-term blog or website? The recent launch of your blog chronicling this journey is a step in that direction. It is obvious you have created a following and with this thread hit almost all of the elements I described above. People love journals.

I guess this comes down to making money with a website or making money online. I assume both require just as much work, but turning a profit with a website seems to take much longer. By utilizing existing services such as Ezine, ArticleBase, Squidoo, etc your work is seen much faster and is by default ranked much higher than someone posting a similar topic on a personally owned website or blog. I wonder if this is a better way to go? If your initial intent was to build a reputation and then launch a product…you’re a mastermind.

Anyhow, have you tried Guest posting on popular blogs to rank up your article SERPS and grab some of your niche blogger’s traffic? I recently used this technique and saw sales double for a week straight…and it’s usually free.

Keep up with the marathon, it’s paying off for everyone.

Kylven, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  9. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with factchecker that it is the competition on the first page that determines how easy or tough it will be to crack. But I think it does help to narrow your search and speed up the research if you target the keywords with fewer . I thought I had found a cherry of a phrase the other day with low competition only to find out that the top ten results were loaded with high page ranked sites with thousands of backlinks each. Then I found a related phrase with much more competition that the top ten was dominated by pr4 and lower sites. The number three spot was pr2 and only had 23 backlinks.results. I think sometimes people get so hung up on the guides or target numbers and neglect the actual facts surrounding the keywords.

squeezeplaycards, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ranking #1 on Google is a long term-process even for long-tail keywords. I would bust some myths regarding SEO from my own experience but really why would I give it all out for free?

And here's a question for anyone that's looking to rank his website #1. What the point in ranking first on google when your website can be thrown 3 pages back within a day? There isn't any..

Really instead of wasting all your precious time doing SEO, you'd be better of doing bum marketing, that's a lot more faster cash .. :)

evelinawilliams007, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  11. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll throw you all a bone, but it's going to cost you. Not for CB products for for higher ticket sales where I'd make $500-$1000 commission I use to buy Press releases at PRweb, but I'd pay $500 per release.

This gave my site instant high PR back link that was strong. It's almost never failed to get me on the first page in Google, and if it didn't I just kept linking in with other press releases and articles.

What typically happens, is your site will fly to the top, then after a few days it gets slapped down to page 10 then comes back eventually. You don't want to build too many back links too fast.

Now people are going to hate me that I shared that heh, but then again it's a business and you need to be willing to put out the $$ for this sort of thing.

Secondly, Your Keyword should be in the heading of your site, tags and the description in your coding. You need a page with content and many other pages, Google loves site maps. Try building out multiple pages and having a well organized site is the best.

sp33dr4ge, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  12. petehols

Best Answers:
    @factchecker how many high priority sites do you think will be listing high for competition of less than 20,000 I have heard this statement before and to an extent i do agree with it. However you have to check the listings and the number of listings that are in these search results. The number does not necessarily on its own mean it will be easy or hard to list for these terms but if you look at the low competition keywords there are not a lot of high pr sites that will instinctively target these phrases that is why competition does come into the equation a bit.

@Kylven thanks for your words of encouragement. This journal was setup just to keep me focussed and to help anyone if I could. This journal has taken on a life of its own and has far exceeded my expectations. I think that the journal is just following the natural progression of someone starting in IM right through to them making a bit of money and also establishing an online business. I feel anyone can achieve what i have done. It just takes a bit of motivation and encouragement which is what this journal has achieved for me.

@precious007 I disagree long term seo is really integrated with bum marketing. With Bum marketing you are trying to get your articles found on #1 in google as quick as possible. That article will then link back to your landing page. If you have 10 articles out there linking back to your landing page with the same anchor text then that will improve the seo of your landing page Helping you a little with google. The main point is to get your articles found quickly on google your landing page will eventually catch up with all the link building done through article marketing.

@sp33dr4ge that is something that IMers can do once they have started making a bit of money. When you start if you have no money then bum marketing is your only option to bring the money in. When you start making money you then need to invest that money back into the business either press release, ppc media buying something like that. That is when you rmoney starts to moun up and you get the bigger profits. If you want however you can also use that money to outsource articles free up a bit of your time to concentrate on more profitable lines.

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks

Pete

petehols, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  13. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Pete. Your post is definitely an inspiration to me and to many. I have read it through from top to bottom like a book.

To quote Spiderman's Uncle "with great power comes great responsibility".

I have been watching people misquote you and misunderstand you all throughout the Internet. I have watched people read your first few pages, stop, and quote misinformation (growing pains) as gospel truth.

My fear is that people aren't understanding how many hours and how much time you are actually putting into your business. Your post makes people feel like it's easy (all they have to do is write a few articles and...).

Anyway, I know it's not your fault, you are doing great. I just feel bad for people with no experience who think all they have to do is follow the advice in this post.

To me, the most value of this post is "sticking with it no matter what and don't give up". Not with the actual methodology.

Good luck.

14. petehols

Best Answers:
    @factchecker I know I totally agree. I have been trying to put all my posts about what I do in as much detail as I can. A lot of people do not put in the time to make IM work for them. Everyone these days are looking for a shortcut and it just doesn't happen. "You get out what you put in!" that has always been my philosophy. I have never hid the fact that I have worked very hard in order for this to work. I have always wanted to portray exactly how much time and effort is involved in getting to a stay where you are comfortable.

I am going to be making this a lot easier for people but I cannot say too much at the moment. No matter how much software you have to automate your business nothing ever replaces the amount of effort you put into it. If there was a shortcut to make money then everybody would be doing it and we would all be millionaires but it just doesn't work like that.

I really appreciate your input factchecker and it is a great idea to let people know exactly what is involved in the process so that no one has any doubts and they can go into this business with their eyes wide open.

Thanks Again

Pete

petehols, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  15. mariner7

mariner7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the main advantage of a keyword with <75,000 results is the speed with which you can rank.

I wrote a press release yesterday. For that particular search, there were only 4,500 results, but within an hour my press release was ranked #2. I just checked it and I now have the top 3 results.

More results means more work for you to do, but it isn't impossible.

I'll be happy to put together a free pdf and spill the beans so to speak if anyone is interested in Keyword Sniping.

mariner7, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  16. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    @Mariner I don't know if I would really care or go yipee over ranking for a keyword with less than 75,000. The money is in ranking high for a keyword everybody wants. (Now I know what I just said totally contradicted my earlier post of not caring how many results there are).

If there is a real important high money making keyword, I guarantee you that the blue hatters and the black hatters already have those positions, and the 10,000 positions right before them.

I have ranked 1 in google for many keywords and long tail keyphrases. Most of those number one spots only get a few clicks a month.

I will repeat: If you want a keyword.... GO FOR IT... doesn't matter how quick you get it. Doesn't matter how many results there are. Work your tush off and own it.

If you want to make the Super Bowl get the best quarterback. If you want to make the World Series, get the best pitchers. The amount of competition around is meaningless if you know what it takes to get to the top.

The research is in knowing what you have to do for each keyword, to get to the top. And for each word or phrase that will be a different strategy. (Sometimes you can do it by writing an EZA article... sometimes it takes building a series of websites that all link together).

Good luck.

17. petehols

Best Answers:
    @everyone I think the whole point of this latest discussion is to make everyone aware that it is not just a matter of writing articles, submitting them and then making money. You have to work to perfect the method in which you get traffic to your affiliate links. This usually takes time but when it clicks into place exactly what steps need to be taken it just means that you then work more productively. You will still probably be working the same amount of time before but it means that when you do work you are working more effectively which then increases your income.

I see many internet marketing products out there that tell you they can make you $100,000 a year but they don't tell you you need to work 26 hours a day on it. People buy these products with the lure of making lots and lots of money and when it doesn't work out they refund.

You need to make sure that you are going into this business with your eyes open. If you work 2 hours a week on your internet marketing you will make next to nothing. You do not get something for nothing in this life. If you want to make money online then you MUST be willing to work for that.

Sorry hopefully that will clear things up a little.

Thanks

Pete

petehols, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  18. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Your thread is great and I don't want to start contradicting you, but I'm making about $60,000 per year working only a couple hours per day. It's all about being efficient and using your time wisely.

And to answer your next question - no, it's not easily scalable (yet) meaning I couldn't make twice as much money working twice as many hours, but I hope to get to that point soon.

dlm, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  19. SpyrosPan

SpyrosPan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello guys, very useful thread. In my experience with websites i can say that ranking is a combination of competition and demand for a certain keyword. There may certainly exist techniques that make your website rank high in google, but in the end, it really seems to me that the websites that add value are the ones that remain first in the long run. And another thing that seems important to me is time. The more time you have a website online and the more content you create of course, the better you get in terms of search engine results.

SpyrosPan, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  20. petehols

Best Answers:
    @dlm did you start by only doing 2 hours a week though? I think the point I was trying to make is that people come into IM thinking that it is a quick fix to make money online. In order to get to a point where you only work 2 hours a day then you have to put in the work before hand testing products, research, testing markets, Everything has to be done before you can make money with everything running automatically. If you started IM doing 2 hours a day and have since day 1 then I do take my hat off to you because that is a very good achievement and I think only a handful of people would be able to do it.

Thanks

Pete

petehols, Sep 9, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.