1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirecting CJ link, is it allowed?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Lorelei, Sep 6, 2009.

I recently started to promote cj's products, but in order to make the links more attractive, I am using the pretty link wordpress plug in.

it takes a
    http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2393805-10379076
    HTML:
    link, and makes it:

http://www.toptut.com/afflink
    HTML:
    Is it allowed? The other part of the question, is the cookie safe, because out of 8k impressions I only have 6 clicks which is unlikely since all the other affiliate sales I promote get drastically higher CTR. I got the feeling that my clicks are simply not counting (as I get 0 revenue as well).

Now I switched to the their url, which does scare off many who could have clicked, and even for the sake of the test I asked a friend to click, just to see if it counts -- still doesn't. I have 6 clicks that don't update.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,
    Liza

Lorelei, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  2. MoneyTopList.com

MoneyTopList.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how the script works but I guess it will use 301 redirect. This may be safe. Many people use links like domain.tld/affiliate-link.html with 301 redirects to cloak affiliate links.

MoneyTopList.com, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  3. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cloaking method not allowed in CJ . If you want to using redirect , you must declare with CJ. I got trouble with them because after a time using this method. They tell me explain about it , clearly to them know. And result , of course i success , but it has delay my payment for two money ( in time you explain this case , no payment release )

anhbloginc, Sep 8, 2009 IP
    Lorelei likes this.
  4. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies guys!
    For teh sake of the experiment I removed the cloaking from 2 links and clicks number jumped to 62 (from 8) overnight! Proves once again that masking the links simply did not count and probably I lost potential commissions over the last 3 weeks that I used it.

I will email cj now and ask if there is any safe way to do it so I can mask the links and still earn something :)

Lorelei, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  5. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. In some case you don't know safe or not. You should email or contact support to ask. They will answer you all.

anhbloginc, Sep 9, 2009 IP