1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VB Angel required UK

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by laserfink, Sep 6, 2009.

I have been toying with the idea of setting up a forum for ages , the niche i am consdering has at least 4 very strong forums already but my idea is to create a froum that might bring posters from all 4 together

My motivation is not advertising revenue but simply to own a forum in this area , as far as i can see most forums in this area seem to rely on donations so i dont feel there is a huge return to be had

However I have had this as an idea for years but the technical
    hurdles of running a forum , installation, updates , getting the best features installed making the site look great is not something I be able to offer enough time to , i would rather concentrate on posting ! and bringing new members

So my idea is to partner up with a technically profiecent person who finds all the Vbullitin stuff easy and enjoyable and in exchnage you can use your adsense for advertising revenue for a set period of time or create an exit strategy for you , I decide where the ads go though as its crucial the site looks good and does not feel like an ad haven ! I think for example THIS site had a good balance of advertising v user experience.

My plan would be to buy the licence and i have plent of space and bandwidth at hostgator to get it up and running , but I feel paying to get the site installed , looking good , paying for updates , marketing, graphics etc would get too high for a pet project so I would like to make contact with someone who has an interest , knows V bullitin backwords , can install etc and maybe with a bit of graphics manipulation knowledge to get the site looking good

Look forward to hearing from interested parties , please PM your MSN

laserfink, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  2. Dub-X

Dub-X Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of experience with vbulletin, check out my latest forum:
    forum.futurists.ws

I would gladly help you!

Dub-X, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  3. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on your niche, I would be interested in a partnership with you on this. I have some experience with vBulletin and I can even provide the web hosting (no need for Hostgator) as I have a reseller account. Let me know if interested.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 8, 2009 IP