1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Improving my blogs traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Asch, Sep 5, 2009.

Hey Guys and Gals

I run a smallish maybe even medium sized blog about Japanese Culture and I am currently looking for ways to increase my traffic.

I am already signed up for all the Social Networking sites offered on the Onlywire service and I am submitted to a few of those RSS Feed sites. e.g. animenano.com

I hear that directories are a good way to go and have submitted my site to dmoz, but does anyone have any other directory recommendations or traffic boosting ideas.

Thanks

Asch

Asch, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  2. jbirdmanjr

jbirdmanjr Peon

Best Answers:
    U use HubPages? Or Zimbio? I promise that if use them with the correct keywords, you will get some traffic. Create a HubPage and write a Zimbio article -(make sure to link your blog through Zimbio and post it too)

After you do both of these, write articles at Ezine and Buzzle -Link to the hubpage, and the Blog on ezine. And link to the blog from Buzzle.

jbirdmanjr, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  3. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    try posting on related forums with your link in the sig, it can bring in lots of targeted traffic.

zurpit.com, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  4. Klutze

Klutze Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to get your name out there, participate on forums, and blogs and before you know it you should start to see traffic trickling in.

Klutze, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  5. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Submit your site into 10 to 15 directories daily.
    That will help you a lot. :)
    You can also promote you site in your signature.

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  6. Phooey

Phooey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I find 99.99% of directories to be a complete waste of time. Most of them are filled with spam, which ends up hurting you more than it helps.

Phooey, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  7. chrcascai

chrcascai Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try searching Yahoo Answers for any questions related to Japanese culture. Answer those questions as sensibly and grammatically as you can, cite your blog as the source of information, and provide a link to it.

chrcascai, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  8. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would start with finding 5-10 blogs related to your topic, subscribe to them, and start commenting on a daily basis (or whenever they publish new posts).

... and use Twitter, start following people that tweets about japanese culture (you follow them, they'll follow you).

- jens

slymarketing, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  9. Trudgernaught

Trudgernaught Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely comment on similar blogs, adding your link in wherever possible. Join forums related to your topic, and advertise your blog in your avatar and signature, as well as a thread if it is allowed by the specific forum. Make a Facebook fan page and a MySpace and horde in friends in your niche interest. Start a Twitter and post recent news and blog updates. Ping your blog at Pingler and other sites to allow search engines to spider your blog when you have new content so they can update their searches to accommodate you.

Also, make it a point to Digg all of your blog posts. Also Stumble them, and submit them to Redditt, Mixx, and Delicious. This will bring in quite a bit of traffic. Whatever you do, don't buy anything. That's a horrible route to take.

TRUDGERNAUGHT

Trudgernaught, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  10. thebooty

thebooty Peon

Best Answers:
    try submitting to search engines and ping.

thebooty, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  11. Bailey Dresmond

Bailey Dresmond Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of great comments here already, but you could write some articles to submit to article directories. Be sure to include your url in your signature or resource box. Also, try submitting content oriented blog posts to blog carnivals.

Good luck.

Bailey Dresmond, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  12. inotlonely1

inotlonely1 Peon

Best Answers:
    try submit web directory, blast article to directory, i think is good enough to gain some traffic

inotlonely1, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  13. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not use "Recent Blog" feature of this forum right under your username....;)

alistair80, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  14. Asch

Asch Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the tips I am slowly getting round to all of the things mentioned that I am not already doing.

Can anyone suggest some good directories to submit too as I google searched but I have no idea which ones are reputable or not.

Asch, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  15. KathyMillerL222

KathyMillerL222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Participating to your niche related forums, blogs will bring you more referral traffic(Direct hit from there) as well as Organic traffic (traffic via search engines, as the niche related links are being considered as the strong in the eye of our big "G" - Google)

KathyMillerL222, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  16. KreCi

KreCi Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to make my post look like spam... but I have just posted a few days ago top 10 articles links about blog promotion... :) When you read them it looks that most important things in blog promotions are great content, social bookmarking websites, building your link popularity thru directories, comments on other blogs, forums etc. When you know how to use twitter to make people retweet your posts is great marketing tool as well...

KreCi, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  17. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also joining blogger and other social networking sites such as twitter/facebook will help you to increase traffic.

bobchrist, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  18. lod8332

lod8332 Peon

Best Answers:
    use proper keywords and participate in forums.

lod8332, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  19. jonbuoy

jonbuoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you created a sitemap of your blog and submitted it to Google via Webmaster Tools?

I have a client who blogs on a regular basis about restaurants she visits and these post often appear in Google above the restaurant's own website with the obvious increase in traffic.

jonbuoy, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  20. whitespparow

whitespparow Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your blog in Blog Directory and Rss submission and do social bookmarking of post.
    this will help you.

whitespparow, Sep 7, 2009 IP