1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic and Alexa ratings, I am confused.

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by crunchy2001, Sep 2, 2009.

HI all, new to the web industry and loking for useful inofrmation on how to drive traffic to my sites and increase my alexa rating. Can this be done and is it easy. The mind boggles I am confused. I hope that there will be many people out there who would be able to help or point in the right direction

Many thanks

S

crunchy2001, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  2. nyxano

nyxano Peon

Best Answers:
    Digital Point Forums has a ton of information on both topics. Simply take some time to browse the forums and use the search feature! You'll find everything you are looking for and more!

nyxano, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  3. SeoQuality

SeoQuality Banned

Best Answers:
    Yep,

Alexa Ratings are directly proportional to the traffic of your site. You can do some simple link building jobs for traffic. One another tip is download that alexa toolbar and use it.

You will see increase in alexa rating soon.
    All the best!

SeoQuality, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  4. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an issue on how to promoting your sites. Just search this forum, there are many tips here on how to market a new site and get traffics. :)

AirForce1, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  5. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality back links creates quality traffic to your website. So try to gain more back links for your website. And participate with the forums and social networking sites for more visitors. Social media optimization is the one of the best way to gain visitors.

- Jopson

jopsons, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  6. hoppimike

hoppimike Peon

Best Answers:
    I know the feeling!

I find the best ways are good, solid, non-saturated keywords, and preferably article marketing (PM me for a great way to do this!).

Other than that, I'm a noob too! heh :)

hoppimike, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  7. tv-dp

tv-dp Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa ranking is not very accurate for small sites. And it's fairly easy to fake alexa ranks with other toolbars like megaupload does or at least did in the past.

tv-dp, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  8. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wrong. alexa rankings are directly proportional to the amount of visitors who have the alexa bar installed, not how much traffic in general somebody has.

the more niche and smaller the kind of site is, the less relevant it is. espcielly when you think about who will install such a toolbar (one of the reasons lolcat sites will always have higher ranking on alexa than real sites with content)

nixande, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  9. sailormoon

sailormoon Guest

Best Answers:
    there are many ways on how you can earn traffic that can boost your alexa rankings, alexa ranking counts every unique visitors you are getting, you can buy cheap traffic if you want to invest, or try to make blog commenting, forum posting and many more, through this matter you can get better alexa rankings.

sailormoon, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  10. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Again, not true. It is from the traffic of the toolbar and - as they note - are estimates. Meaning: some traffic might count through other ways, but the primary traffic comes from people with the toolbar installed.

From the site:
    http://www.alexa.com/help/traffic_learn_more

nixande, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  11. sailormoon

sailormoon Guest

Best Answers:
    i don't have the toolbar but why i am getting good rankings from alexa through buying cheap traffic. as long as your traffic is unique, you will get good rankings every 24-48 hours

sailormoon, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  12. KAINSMONEY

KAINSMONEY Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa counts hits from the last 3 months and from people who use the alexa toolbar , so the best way is to have constant traffic from forums , social network , dont waste your time with auto or manual exchange ( force traffic )

KAINSMONEY, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  13. tv-dp

tv-dp Peon

Best Answers:
    What you want is real visitors. Who cares about an artificial rank with no value? Alexa rank is only important if you want to sell your page.

tv-dp, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  14. piyy

piyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa does not provide %100 accurate info, but it is essential for historical view.

piyy, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  15. MaryJoyL

MaryJoyL Peon

Best Answers:
    As you were joining in this Forum- DP. you will definitely learn many things about Webmaster's field. You
    could start asking questions just like what you are doing now which is good.
    You have to learn the basic SEO cos that is very important. You can read some blogs about that and understand every details on SEO.

MaryJoyL, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  16. tomminator

tomminator Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa is CRAP. Don't ever ever ever using Alexa information. Please use Google Adplanner. It is can be trusted as most of Webmasters use GA

tomminator, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  17. bruceslogos

bruceslogos Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the SEO expert, use Alexa tool as to check the website traffic. All I know that Alexa is based on the number of backlinks and the visitors to a site. Iam still not familiar with google ad planner and I think it is a good tool because its from Google tool

bruceslogos, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  18. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    alexa rank is based on traffic, so u need to increase traffic.

newlogo, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  19. crunchy2001

crunchy2001 Member

Best Answers:
    HI all,thanks for all the usefull information and dicsussion. This has been very helpful and informative. Just to pose another question regarding this issue loking at the alexa rating is time spend on the site important.

crunchy2001, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  20. Informationforyou

Informationforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for discussion. There is complete different view of alexa ranking in my mind this discussion clear many things.

Informationforyou, Sep 9, 2009 IP