1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Only 0.3 CTR Why??

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by believer1984, Sep 5, 2009.

Please give sincere advice regarding my health blog http://thehealthinfo.info
    Is the Adsense placement correct or not?? I am only getting a click through ratio of 0.3-0.35 and i have read in many posts that webmasters get a CTR of 5%. How is it possible? What should i do to improve CTR? Thanks.

believer1984, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  2. RBN

RBN Peon

Best Answers:
    It did not pass copyscape maybe that is why

RBN, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  3. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what you mean. Can you please explain.

believer1984, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  4. RBN

RBN Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think you are using original content, and yes ad placement is poor .info domains not that good, the blog is a mess use another template maybe an adsense ready template

RBN, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  5. zaczebra

zaczebra Peon

Best Answers:
    First off when i open your site with a standard 1024 x 768 screen, i cannot see any ads whatsoever, all i can see are lots of distractions and red text.!!!!

Bad start for ctr....

Second if you are going to use 3 huge ad blocks you may as well try moving the first two - to the start of the posts. leave the third

So to get a better ctr you need to decrease all the distractions and have a play with ad positioning, or another nicer way to put it is to make your site minimal :)

Take a look at some of these and notice that they all have a minimal style + lots of big ad blocks

http://www.doshdosh.com/16-adsense-...emes-to-maximize-your-contextual-ad-earnings/

zaczebra, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding original content like actually visiting some hospitals and record your findings. You could learn something in the process also :)

Brandon_R, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  7. juhasan

juhasan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. You have disabled right-click so that none can copy your blog post. But you have copied is from other websites. What's your answer about that?
    2. Your website ads placement is horrible. Place matters!
    3. Traffic you are getting, provably they are not organic traffic. Provably getting from social bookmarking or networking sites. They are not targetted traffic.

juhasan, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  8. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    try to make the google ads blend into the site more, then peolple are more apt to click on them

t2000q, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  9. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    With firefox, I see no problem with ad placement in terms of obvious mistakes.
    I beleive if you have a very small ctr it's because your traffic is not coming from search engines. Because with this ad placement you should at least get 1% CTR, so something else is going on. Do you know where your traffic is coming from?

JamesColin, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  10. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The ads aren't really very closely related to the content. And the content isn't useful or original.
    Zoom into one topic - write (or buy) original content on that.
    Get ads that are very targeted to that content and that interest - be useful to visitors and advertisers

magda, Sep 6, 2009 IP