1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After two years with Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cagliostro, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ariswin

ariswin Peon

Best Answers:
    i cant find any PPC better than adsense

ariswin, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  2. sunshineman100

sunshineman100 Banned

Best Answers:
    Adsense is only good as a second source of income.

sunshineman100, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  3. kamlesh786

kamlesh786 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think u go with high paying keywords and change ur ad placement

kamlesh786, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  4. Jmay

Jmay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you.. since adsense sites can work on autopilot (off course after the site start doing the conversion) and we could leave it for a while and start focusing on another branch of making money online :D

Jmay, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  5. Fedrik

Fedrik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everybody, I am new at this forum. Just wanted to start posting something but I couldn´t find a welcome section where to start so I have decided to do it here. I am an adsense registered user for almost two years now. I´ve been reading this section and many other posts where most of the people complains about the low profit everyone is making with their sites. Me, for sure I almost understand that frustration but also I know is all about having a good, interesting, popular and most of all very visited site to at least start seeing some good numbers on each´s account. As I said, being a user for almost 2 years and comparing some of the earnings most of you had in just one to three months made me believe this is even more complicated; this is why I decided to get me involve at this forum and learn more and within the time maybe offer my knowledge in return.

As you may know because of my writing, English is not my birth language but I do my best to made myself clear; also my site is not in English something I believe is more relevant for Adsense to work properly or at least with more benefits. I provide a free information site between my country, Argentina and Brazil. There is a free and united policy between our countries for those who want to go living and settle down on each country; something most of our citizens don´t know and is very easy to achieve. Of course this is just for Argentinians and Brazilians only. This also makes my site limited to those people. Even thou, my site became very popular and most of all because is a free site and the information even is not changing all the time at least it´s updated.

Unfortunately I couldn´t received my first check from Adsense yet since I didn´t reach my first 100 bucks but I keep working on it. I usually get from 1 to 5 clicks every two days, is not that much and so far the biggest earning I have received in a month was a little bit more than 2 dollars. LOL, I know it sucks but I am trying to improve that, a lot!

I´ll keep in touch and thank you. :)

Fred.

Fedrik, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  6. ufutsi

ufutsi Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a good decision to leave adsense if you know marketing. You can earn much more with aff. programs
    Why not adsense:
    -Better health (you start your campaign,build thousands of links and started to earn REALLY good money from adsense. You read stories like "I got banned, no explanation, how can I get my account back-NEVER" and things like this(and these are true stories). Imagine how much pain it can make at your stomach!!!
    -There is no other service acts to their user like this, one email and boom, everything finished(if it is your only income)
    -Competitors clicks your ads again and again, you didn't notice and you are 100% honest but you were late to tell and bannneeeed
    -Didn't put privacy policy,banned
    -it's your site, you have to refresh again and again sometimes when you are testing your page,banned because of you increased your impr.

Don't rely on adsense, if you know what you are doing, you can earn very good money from adsense (the more you earn, the more you afraid,believe me)

Shortly, learn marketing and mix adsense with your cpa companies, this is how you can make real money.

ufutsi, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  7. overstreet1983

overstreet1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well ... I think it's just a matter of getting lucky to be completely honest ... I too shared the same thoughts as you. I have a website that it took months and months and months to gain 100 visitors a day.

Well ... I constantly experiment with different things regarding SEO and I made a sort of "hobby" blog ... well ... with that hobby blog I really hit it pretty good. Within a month of making this one blog post, it was number one for a specific search term that is yeilding me close to 400 uniques a day ... just for that one post and about a dollar a day in adsense.

Now, that isn't great ... but can you just imagine if I found 99 similar keywords?

It leads me to this conclusion ... try as many different keyword niches as you can ... this particular keyword niche obviously didn't have much competition if it was so easy for me to take the first spot. It leads me to believe that some high traffic keyword searches are relatively easy to take over ... it's just finding them that is the real trick.

overstreet1983, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  8. JulieV

JulieV Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us and hope that you can find the product that will fit your site viewers and visitors. You can find a lot of affiliate products from Commission Junction and maybe see if that fits your website and what it is all about.

just my 2 cents

JulieV

JulieV, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    This is so true. I have never seen so many people jump through hoops, and act completely paranoid about a program.
    Google has flipped the switch to make publishers believe that they need Google, not the other way around. Adsense doesn't work without people willing to put them on their sites, yet webmasters are completely submissive to Google like an abusive relationship.

Always scared to do something wrong, and jumping every time they change the TOS which is often.
    It's rediculous.
    You own the sites, but they own you...and for peanuts.

hmansfield, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  10. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing of the above is true. Not a single word.

Cagliostro, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  11. jijigren

jijigren Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeap maybe I am more talented than u do.huhuhu

jijigren, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  12. ayahshiva

ayahshiva Peon

Best Answers:
    for me 10 Euros a day is more than enough, cause till now i still try to get it

ayahshiva, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  13. Paidi

Paidi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's bad for you ?
    I even experienced .05 cents / click :D

Paidi, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  14. treemonster19

treemonster19 Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if someone else has same answer..

Adsense is one side of coin its other side is adwords so your revenue per click depends on how much advertiser is setting per click rate.(I am not clear about why you said reason for this might be sales did not covert- you are getting paid for clicks in ppc and Google is not checking ppc ads if they have been converted in sales)

Actually adwords ads are targeted country specific, some country advertiser set very low value on one click (for example india) so if you website is intended for indian users and gets most of the traffic from india the revenue will be less contrary to this for western world ppc ads pay much more....i think adding content which attract users of USA/UK will help....!

treemonster19, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly when I read your first post all I can think of is "stop whinning"!
    Because from $0.1 (not euros) per click I believe one should be happy with it, and you're saying you get an average CPC of 0.25€ so it's about $0.4 !

Now I'm going to tell you some truths: if you have a wonderful regional website as you say, then don't even use adsense on it, sell ads directly to local business in the best ad location they could wish for.
    For your travel site, I didn't get if it is also in your local language, but if it is in english, then 1000 UV is not nearly enough to make a good living in adsense.

Until you can get about 10,000 UV with all your web properties with adsense on, you'll probably won't be happy with your adsense earnings living in a western country with no other job. So you better try to increase your number of unique visitors, and simply don't think with only a few thousands you can live the good life with adsense, it's not happening.

Now, also what is your local language? Is it french? Is it german? Or is it a quite poor and under-developped country of Europe? AdSense will also very much depends on the current level of internet users in your country and the activity of advertizers. If they have not much competition, they'll don't pay a lot per click, not because they're greedy, but because they can, adwords is an auction/bidding system and if nobody bids higher, they get clicks at low prices!

JamesColin, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  16. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You English people, you ! :D

Apparently the local/regional websites, do have very limited target. Because only people speaking my language can read it. Of cource. This is what i said also.

My travel website is in english. Impossible to get 10.000 of uniques per month. It just can't, it is a very-very norrow niche. Could do 2-3.000 if i work my traffic a bit, who knows.

Cagliostro, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  17. ufutsi

ufutsi Peon

Best Answers:
    :) Ok, If none of them are true, give me your site name and I can ban your account in 2 weeks.

I don't want to give hints on this but this is just just just small one to ban your account:

-Use proxy and click ads several times every day (this is very strong point because big G thinks this is you or somebody you know)

If you are earning good money ($2-3K every months), these methods might not work because you have too much competitor(and you are not stupid to click your own ads and ask somebody to do it) but if you are not a big ball, you will wake up with an email from G! Then you need stronger methods to ban...

Google makes hell of money, why don't they just REPORT invalid clicks and don't add the profit instead of banning?????

I just tried to warn you, if you want to earn money, adsense should your 2. or 3rd income(or first but not a huge gap between adsense and your 2nd affiliate)

ufutsi, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  18. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends of what you got. Why don't you try to ban Cnn.com or some newspaper running adsense? Can you ? Of cource not.

If you are a LEGITIMATE and HONEST business, you have very little to worry from click attacks.

Please don't write all that crap about proxies and stuff. We don't care.

19. ufutsi

ufutsi Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you show CNN as an example?

If you are a LEGITIMATE and HONEST business, write your site and see how "LEGITIMATE and HONEST business" you have 2 weeks later...

Like I wrote before, don't rely on Adsense, this is my point! You think you are the boss of your work but you are not, you work for google.

ufutsi, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  20. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Take ANY big website that runs adsense, and try to ban it. That is my point. Of cource i'm not CNN, just trying to tell you that if it was so easy, everyone would take his competition down and vice-versa. It doesn't make sense, you should know.

And of cource we don't need to rely on one ad network. Because s**t happens. And in my first post, i said how i feel.