1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reasons To Block Low Paying Ads Or Not List

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by DPz, Aug 14, 2009.

?

Do you block low paying adsense ads using adsense ads filter?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
    Hi,

I'm wondering if we should block low paying ads or not.. if we block low paying ads we will get a higher CPC for sure and that's good but:

* What if this ad has a fantastic CTR? If this ad pays half of the other ads on your site put has a 3x better CTR, it would have made you more money than other ads.

* What if other ads from the same URL have a better CPC? Advertisers often have several campaigns going, each with different ads and CPCs, but the same URL. You could risk blocking a higher paying ad without knowing it.

* What if the advertisers change the bid price of an ad? Advertisers often change the bid price of an ad. They may find an ad was more effective than they thought so they are willing to pay more for it.

* What if there is a drop in ad inventory? Having blocked URLs could cause you to start displaying PSAs.

What do you think or what do you do yourself, you are blocking low paying ads or not?

DPz, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  2. theTurk

theTurk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't doing it until now but I definitely will do it now.

theTurk, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  3. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The one major flaw in the plan of blocking low paying ads, is that it doesn't matter if you've not disabled the default visitor-targeting behavior Adsense started implementing a few months back. The ads you are seeing are likely not the same ads a lot of other visitors are seeing.

joebert, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense actually provide the best pay ads to your website. If you block it you might get worse ads

lifeplayer, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  5. DPz

DPz Peon

Best Answers:
    I blocked some low paying ads for one of my site and it works.. I got a higher cpc yesterday and today.. I was getting like .03 / .05$ and now .10 / .15$

Is it good to enable or disable the default visitor-targeting behavior Adsense? For the CTR and CPC..

DPz, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  6. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good question.

One would think that since the ads are targeted to a user, they'd be more likely to click them. However, if the same thing that's happening to me is happening to a lot of people, it would be better to have user targeting disabled so that ad content changes from page to page.

I see a lot of the same ad on multiple pages of multiple sites. A few of them I've clicked in the past because they were for local restaurants I didn't know about, but I'm still seeing those same ads regularly now.

I don't have any reason to click those ads anymore. Instead of clicking the ad and being taken where the ad wants me to go, the ad just works as a reminder and I end up using one of my bookmarks to go directly to the places online menu instead.

joebert, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  7. piratesbi

piratesbi Peon

Best Answers:
    CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME, HOW TO BLOCK ADS. i MAY FILTER ADS USING KEYWORD. bUT wHO TO BLOACK LOW PAYING ADS.........

piratesbi, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  8. SabQat

SabQat Peon

Best Answers:
    many many ad you will block?

try changing your niche.

SabQat, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  9. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No.... Because blocking those ads will let us loss some pennies! We can try to improve them by placing better ad formats

jezzz, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  10. h4ckzor3

h4ckzor3 Peon

Best Answers:
    its hard to find out which pays low... cause if i buy every i see on my website 1cent or 2cents still come :D

h4ckzor3, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  11. DPz

DPz Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, that means that it has an impact on the CTR.. You personally enabling or disabling this option? Is that affected your earning?

DPz, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  12. callmeminty

callmeminty Active Member

Best Answers:
    same Q from my side.

callmeminty, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  13. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys don't do that mistake. That option in your adsense account (for targeting or not the visitors), is not for ads shown in YOUR site.

Your site just provides info or NOT. That is what you control.

Cagliostro, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  14. DPz

DPz Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not got your point Cagliostro? What do u wanna say? Can you please explain? In your opinion, is it better to block low paying ads or not? Is it better to enable or disable the default visitor-targeting behavior in Adsense?

DPz, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  15. gopalkr

gopalkr Member

Best Answers:
    I know that this is possible with bidvertiser but never thought it is possible in adsense. Can you block or limit ads with adsense?

It is better to experiment and learn if it is possible to do so.

gopalkr, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  16. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    I may have to play with this as my cpc is all over the place. One day a click pays over 3 bucks the next day with about the same impressions it pays like .03. I just think G is goofy and can basically do what they want. But hey it's worth a try. How do we find out which ads pay higher? Maybe I'm missing something....

I'm nuts, I've been known to block 90% of adbrites crap.... lol So it wont bother me to filter a few of these clowns on adsence...

Thanks good post!

John-Q, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  17. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on surely someone has done some testing on this..... plz share

I'm about to try it on a site or 2....

Bump!

John-Q, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  18. manGer

manGer Peon

Best Answers:
    i blocked my low paying ads and i notice my click equal 1 cent i think dont block it

manGer, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  19. DPz

DPz Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends, on one of my site I blocked the low paying ads and my CPC increased by 150% and in another site the CPC decreased by 70%

Keep on testing....

DPz, Sep 3, 2009 IP