1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate domains ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by zinghana, Sep 2, 2009.

Hi all,

I have been checking out some of my competitors websites and the more i search the more i find people using different domains but with the exact contenr from others, i don't mean someone has stolen their articles..

Example: Not my competition but this is a good example:

- cod6.org
    - modernwarfare2.net

As you can see it is the same webmaster with a few domains, i thought dup content regards of if you own several domains was worthy of being penalized, at first i laughed thinking suffer he will get penalized soon, but his PR keeps going up and up..

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on this topic for me.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    zinghana, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  2. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like the articles are rewritten so they appear not to be identical. So... they are not 100% similar.

larysmith711, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  3. Nighthawks

Nighthawks Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I also seen many times, people repeat their same contents on other domains, but they never get penalized by Google, And some time I seen websites who does not follow google webmaster guidelines are perform better, I do know why Google give them more importance.

Nighthawks, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  4. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a bad idea and a waste of time to do this. If you take the effort you put into "duplicating" and just put that work into one site instead of two, you will be much farther ahead.

alph, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  5. iam.xavier

iam.xavier Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Layout is Similar but the content is not duplicate.

Thanks

iam.xavier, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  6. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "alph" That's what i thought.. i sold callofduty5.tv last year, the examples i showed about "COD6 & MODERNWARE2.net" the person who owns them has copied every affiliate link, every idea i had he has copied, i am not a complete A**HOLE.. but i would like to see him suffer, some of his earlier posts were an exact match(word for word) yet he has a PR4 site.. he has spammed 1000's of do-follow blogs and does not get penalized at all..

Sorry i kinda of bitching now.. it's just i would never copy other peoples sites, i have never used dup content always spent ours adding my own content, just seems unfair... AND... im not racist!! but... he is indian and ca't speakie da english berry good... I am surprised he has returning visitors, his article writing would make a 4 year old writer look like a professional.

Thanks again for your replies, i just wish there was some understanding as to why his site is still PR4 when he has 30+ articles copied word for word, yet he is still not in the sandbox or even given a lower PR.

Hmmmm this website stuff seems to make less sense every year.. i have never used one black hat method, only ever had quality sites all tho it would seem i would be better off using dirty methods..ahhhhhhhhhhh i dunno

EDIT:

Thanks " iam.xavierr"

But if you check his first 20 or so posts they were word for word...i have never EVER re-written any one's work in the last 5 years of working adsense.. Google is smart i have seen post articles that have come from another source.. yet they have only changed 10 or so words, surely Google can work this out... just seems wrong..

JUST AS AN EXAMPLE: .... cod.totalgamingnetwork.com <--- i will bet all of my 100+ sites that within a week his article is only 5-19 words different from what cod.totalgamingnetwork.com post, when cod.totalgamingnetwork.com post an article, give it half a day and this tard is copying their content.

I just a lil angry i play by the rules, but it seems people who go with black hat tricks and what not some out on top

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    zinghana, Sep 2, 2009 IP