1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help - I dont know what to do!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Hayleylou, Sep 2, 2009.

I have just been internet marketing for 4 months. I have come accross a keyword phrase that has very very low competition but low hits and its in my area. I have looked at purchasing the exact domain name.com and someone has it but I think they are selling it. (Its one of those companys that purchase domains and sell them). It depends how much they want but .net is still available.

I thought if I set up a site, would have to buy a site (no good at setting it up) and put some products, adsense etc on there and of course content.

What would you guys do would you go as far as to do this or would you just put on a post or two onto your current blog? I am worried if I do the site going to be hard to manage - do you still post often to your site?

Would appreciate any help from you guys :confused:

Hayleylou, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you really need this ranked, having a site with the domain would be the easiest way to achieve the ranking.

webcosmo, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  3. Hayleylou

Hayleylou Peon

Best Answers:
    would it be OK as a .net?

Hayleylou, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  4. miamiron

miamiron Active Member

Best Answers:
    The .net will work as far as ranking

However - You will need some back-links to move the ranking higher

Best Regards

miamiron, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  5. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    it is defintely worthwhile to buy the domain. Even having the .net version of the domain is helpful and will help you generate clicks and visits. The more marketable your domain name is, being a simple keyword.net, the better your marketing can be

dukeofism, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  6. StrangeLife

StrangeLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Research your keyword through Googles Keyword tool, ask yourself these questions...

Is your product profitable?
    Will people buy your product online?
    Is it worth your time and effort?

You can see from the tool results if alot of people are searcing for it, make sure you select "Exact Phrase" in the dropdown.
    Perhaps a minisite with targeted keywords in with a few articles and products page will do it and you can concentrate in building links.

Deferntly a bonus if your domain name has your exact keyword, be sure to be on the front page of google.

Lots of different methods in building links such as..

Article Marketing
    Leaving comments on related websites
    Creating a youtube video with your link in the description
    Related Forum signatues
    Viral Marketing
    Post torrents on torrent sites
    Press Releases
    Link comments on youtube videos
    Sponsered links on wordpress themes
    Submit to CSS Gallery websites

If your not sure about your product, you could just go for it and see what happens but don't dedicate your time into it, you could hit a nice little bit of income.

Then build the next minisite, one similiar to that niche, interlink them, build a web empior!

Hope that helps..
    Matt. :cool:

StrangeLife, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  7. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    i would buy it if the RoI is high.... most of the keyphrase domain do not sell more than 100 bucks, and it's a good investment..

but the question is, how well you can do SEO and SEM after that?

for example if you live and blog about paris, france, and domain is parisfrance.com, it is very marketable. otherwise, I would choose another domain

by the way, i blog but not very much.. and it makes some money because of the content..

hope that helps

nandalinnaung, Sep 2, 2009 IP