1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 Important Questions That Would Help Most of Us!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spycraft, Aug 31, 2009.

Hello all,

As the title states, here are the two questions:

1) I have 5 blogs in the same niche. Is it ok to make 2-way blogroll exchanges between all 5 of them? What if they were 10? 20?...

Essentially, they would all have the same list of blogrolls (maybe with a couple extra different ones).

2) I have too many domains that are currently "parked" and making no revenue. Is it ok to put minisites on them with duplicate content around a niche, just so that I can put some in-content links to my money making sites around that niche? Imagine a domain with a simple html page - with a bunch of PLR articles - with 3 links on each article to a specific site.

Can you think of ANY reason why that would be a problem? Obviously, if Google discovers one of those sites, it will see that it's linking out to many sites all under my main hosting account. In other words, it wouldn't be hard to understand that the links are not natural. Could this potentially lead to de-indexing of my main sites? I am talking about a LOT of domains - so a LOT of links.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance! :)

spycraft, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  2. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for question 1, if the sites are on the same server/hosting google will not look at this as a good thing and probably knock you down a few places. Plus 3 way link exchanges are better anyway between your blogs.

lorddan01, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. pneulameiro

pneulameiro Peon

Best Answers:
    first: it will not harm your pr. It will not improve it much too, it is true.
    second: it is better you write some 3 original articles in each domain.

pneulameiro, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks both - I am really stuck with those questions since if they can both affect my sites positively, they will REALLY make my job easier.

So, let's recap.

lorddan, You said - if the sites are in the same hosting, Google will probably know me down??? Are you sure about that or are you just saying that it will not help me as much as a 3-way exchange? Furthermore, if they are under a different IP, would it change your answer?

pneulameiro, You said, that linking between your sites will not help a lot, but it will help a little which is all I am going for. I just need to make sure that it cannot hurt my sites in any way.

Furthermore, you recommended that I should write some unique articles for my unused domains. Even though I am sure that unique articles would be MUCH better, the problem is that I have about 150 domains. If I were to write 3 articles for each, that would mean 450 articles. Is it worth it? Wouldn't I be getting more value from those articles if I posted them on my sites or elsewhere?

The thing here is that I have too many domains that are simply left unused. Some of them, I doubt will ever be sold, so I am trying to figure out of a quick and easy way to make use of them. I know that a few extra links through duplicate content on those domains will help a little - I just don't know if they would be posing a risk to my other sites.

Each domain would be niche specified (for example finance) and it will be linking through those duplicate articles to all my related sites (for example loans, mortgages, debt etc). In other words, I will get a network of sites linking out to mainly my other sites. This could be good on the one hand - but it could also be potentially cause it's quite obvious that they are not natural links and they would all be pointing to sites under my name/hosting.

What I am trying to figure out is whether Google accepts that or not :)

spycraft, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  5. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If they are on same hosting and linked to each other google wont knock you down places but it may devalue the links, making them no use for seo. If they are on different ip then google cannot know you own them all so it treats them as normal links.

lorddan01, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  6. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks again lorddan. Are you talking about the "unused domains" or the sites they are pointing to?

The main sites, are on a couple of hosts so they are not all at the same place. However, they all have Google Analytics on them so there is a way for Google to trace that they all belong to me. The "supporting sites"/"unused domains" will most likely be under the same hosting.

If you think that this is unsafe, can you think of any other way to make use out of them and stay safe?

spycraft, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  7. pigpromoter

pigpromoter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would use them to create mini sites to promote affiliate products. The only downside is that you would have to market 150 different sites. Yet, you'd be on the safe side with Big G.

pigpromoter, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  8. yall

yall Peon

Best Answers:
    good question, and good chance to make your website better

yall, Sep 2, 2009 IP