1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Writing at Micky D's!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009.

For those of you that write articles, I'd like to offer a suggestion. I personally am big on article writing for SEO purposes and have over a thousand articles posted on Ezine and get over 5000 UV monthly directly from those articles.

This AM, I went to McDonalds for coffee... they give me a senior discount on the coffee even though I am not 65 years old. They offered and I didn't argue.

So, I get my coffee, sit down, fire up my laptop and get the idea to write some articles from the point of view of a person that works at McDonalds. My view went completely out the window and I tried to see things through their eyes.

It opened up a whole new way of thinking for article writing for me and it was fun trying to think like the guy working the grill or the chick taking the orders.

So, if you are an article writer and want a fresh perspective, grab your laptop and go to a park, a restaurant, a mall... anywhere but your office or where ever you normally work and look through the eyes of those you see.

It could be the employees, the customers, the people driving their cars down the road... just get a different perspective of how life is viewed.

You'll not only get some fresh ideas for articles, you'll also grow as a person because you're not just seeing how others think, you're trying to feel their thoughts as well.

My normal day is between 11 and 15 articles... this AM, 27 articles in two hours because of this experience.

Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009 IP
    latoya likes this.
  2. bum_marketer

bum_marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    great post, thanks for the info!

bum_marketer, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. charumakhija

charumakhija Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info... great experience I must say. thanks for the help!

charumakhija, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a good idea! Generally people just need to get out of their typical setting to help them be creative! I'm not sure what topic you were writing on, but definitely, all articles should be written on a 3rd grade level where people who are not in the field you are writing about can understand them.

PHPGator, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  5. Kat Fuschillo

Kat Fuschillo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Kat Fuschillo, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  6. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice idea but none of our McDonald's here in Charlotte, NC, have outlets though that are accessible. They're in the process of doing the remodeling here and the new design has them locked up.

theapparatus, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  7. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    27 articles in 2 hours, huh?

Must be a fast typist.

You have one too many zeros there.

Good idea, though.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    PhilipR, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  8. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Zeros are correct. I get massive traffic from Ezine and yes, I am a very fast typist.

I also limit my articles to between 250 and 300 words as I want the readers to go right to the resource box. The resource box is as many as 200 words with my links in the very first sentence.

Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  9. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have Panera Bread there... lobbies in the big hotels... some nice parks... Burger King would work as well as McDonalds... locally owned cafes... Books A Million... Starbucks...

The idea is to be in a public place where there are people milling about.

Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  10. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea, thanks!

cronik, Sep 1, 2009 IP