1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN: Preview QCP earnings, how did you do?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Crazace2006, Aug 28, 2009.

I just looked at my preview for the QCP on my ebay partner network account, and I actually made about 30% more over the ten day period than what I made with the regular way.

My only concern is that this month as been really really bad (down 60 or 70% over last month). Anyone else having the same slump? And I wondering if it will really make more when things pick back up for winter.

Crazace2006, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Terrible for me. Some of my sites made a few extra dollars with QCP, but overall, my earnings with QCP were less than half of my current earnings.

Kerosene, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  3. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was slightly lower overall but double for my targetted market niches.

The sites that dragged the total down don't bring in that much so overall I would say this is looking good for me so far.

Claudek, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  4. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, boy - Is making 70% less with the new compensation plan a good thing??

Aldouspi, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  5. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    sin, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  6. kder86

kder86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite a bit less for me. :(

kder86, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  7. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops, I misread the data in the new compensation report. :rolleyes:

I thought the data listed for the new compensation plan was for the full month and it was not. In re-reading it, it appears that I would be making the same or even a little bit more under the new plan. Of course, a full month's comparison would be more accurate in this analysis.

The bottom line - the change is going to happen. If I make enough money under the new plan to keep me adding new links to eBay I will do so. If the revenue drops, my incentive and time spent promoting eBay will drop as well.

Aldouspi, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  8. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very weird, this new quality click thing - across all my sites it appears my earnings would almost double! (note, as someone pointed out, the figures are taken from 18th August onward!) I mean, I can't really complain at that, but I still don't like this chopping and changing - I am really unclear as to what it is they are actually looking for...

Does seem to me though that the kinds of RSS listings site I tend to set up, though they can be a bit "thin" DO send "quality" traffic - usually the visitor is clicking on a very specific product they found via a search engine and that they are interested in buying. Which, as I understand it, is what they are after, or maybe not, who knows?

markowe, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  9. rushy

rushy Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally seem to be on par with previous earnings but I honestly think this is to be expected. To me, it wouldn't make sense for ebay to wipe out affiliate earnings this month. I do find myself somewhat skeptical for the longterm earnings potential of EPN in COMPARISON to current earnings but I think that for ebay to cut commission so drastically now across the board would result in too much bad karma for them.

I do believe that earnings will remain fairly consistent for the next few months with past earnings but because of the lack of transparency and mysterious 'quality measurements', I do find myself (perhaps wrongly?) thinking that in 6 months time, ebay could tweak the 'quality measurement' and reduce affiliate earnings at the flick of a button but I honestly believe they won't do it now...

It is too soon for them to reduce earnings so my advice to everyone using EPN is to stick with it for the next few months and see how it goes. I would also advise that you start thinking about other sources of income however - which to be fair - you should be doing anyway!

rushy, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  10. markowe

Best Answers:
    That's the cynical, "EPN is Evil" school of thinking. I hope you're wrong, but I fear you're right - that QPC is a powerful tool for EPN, which they have yet to begin properly wielding...

markowe, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  11. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing similar results. My earnings doubled with the new system. I'm also using very niche specific RSS/API sites which brings in targeted traffic.

hanji

hanji, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  12. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My earning for this period with QPC compared to the current earnings column shows a decrease of around 25%......:eek: Not happy, and just coming into the Christmas "rush", one thing ebay are not and that's stupid.

mcjp6, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  13. MWD

MWD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love the new system. :)

If you think about it, it rewards highly niche content driven websites and my earnings are nearly double what they were before.

MWD, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  14. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you starting a thread on this section?

eBay was gone from CJ a long time ago.

Chancey, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  15. markowe

Best Answers:
    Tradition, plus DP never added an EPN forum, or expressly stated what forum the topic was to be discussed in, though they did remove the reference to eBay in the forum description, admittedly. I'd be all for moving, but I don't want to be the first :)

markowe, Sep 3, 2009 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  16. Crazace2006

Crazace2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Last month I was up 30% over the "old way" of tracking sales. This month the new QPC is still making more than what I am really making. However I was wondering how we are going to be able to test new links?

Crazace2006, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  17. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I was doing about the same until I started getting ACRUs this month. Looks like I get next to nothing for ACRUs under the new pricing. Time to bail in EPN. Good luck to you suckers, I mean guys who stick with it. It won't be pretty for long, guaranteed.

geomark, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  18. happytrails32

happytrails32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine is down more than 50% with the new system. I never cookie stuffed or promoted new user sign ups.. I'm just 3 months in, and sent ebay $25,000 in new sales.. Yet they screwed me by defaulted my ACRUs to $1.00 and now cutting my quality traffic to less than 50% again! Really screws those that are new to their program, even though they've been sending them quality traffic that converted into sales.

happytrails32, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  19. markowe

Best Answers:
    Wait till the end of the month to see the full preview report - I don't quite get how the system works, but your QCP EPC may well gradually rise during the month (as mine has), as they factor in your "quality" ACRUs and other traffic value. So if you currently have 10,000 clicks, but valued at $0.01, wait for the month to progress - if your ECP increases even to $0.02 then you have doubled your earnings, right?

I am not really sure that is how it works, but my month started off very badly, much lower than the "real" earnings, but the QCP earnings are now increasing as my ECP is increased and I could end up with higher earnings in the end, like I did last month (double).

I am not defending the system, nor do I really understand it, I am just saying give it a chance - if you ended up with MORE money at the end of the month then I reckon you'd want to stick with it. If you end up with less then, well, be my guest! I'll be following probably.

markowe, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. Crazace2006

Crazace2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't think thats how it works. It's still based off sales for the most part. But it seems more averaged out. It seems like if I'm making a huge sale, then over the next coulpe of days my QPC is higher to make up for it. But also some of my smaller sites are making rev.

Crazace2006, Sep 12, 2009 IP