1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO strategy for New Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by buckmajor, Aug 31, 2009.

Hi there

I am about to launch a new site soon, and was wondering if someone can kindly share some of their tips for SEO or a must do-list?

PLEASE!!

I have my own way and this is all I know (no wonder my site is in the 4million :D:():

1. submit site to google and yahoo.
    2. No duplicate content
    3. WWW/Non-WWW
    4. Rich content/niche.

I think that's all of it, but if there is anything else you can to add onto, then please don't hold back.

Thanks in advance
    CHEERS :)

buckmajor, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  2. rumsfo

rumsfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I assume submission the sites to the google and other SE is time wasting. To get indexed (be added) you need get link from the good web sites and soon you will be indexed

rumsfo, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  3. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to get quality backlinks from relevant site. Consider about Social Bookmarking and Article Submission - I am using it and getting very good results. I suggest you this article by Randfish- will be useful for you..

Jeff Collision, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  4. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    New websites usually tend to get busted in sandbox, the best way to start off would be regular unique content with natural relevant link building to your niche.

Oranges, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  5. samwinport

samwinport Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi BuckMajor,

Ok. Some quick notes here.

You first have to build the onsite SEO for your website. This means creating lots of pages of rich text content. Each page should focus on one or two keyword phrases which get alot of daily searches.

To find these phrases search for "free keyword tool" and put in a word that is related to your website subject. It will come back with a list of phrases based on that word and the number of daily searches.

Just create a page on one of these phrases giving great information and use the keyword phrase about five times. Make sure the content makes sense and not just the phrase repeated several times.

Once you have lots of these pages you need to build up backlinks. Go to other sites related to yours and add your own comments or create a lens on Squidoo etc etc and add a link back to your website.

Again, use your keyword phrases to write articles to submit to article directories and add a link to your website in the signature.

Social bookmarking sites are also a quick and easy way to get backlinks to your website.

Honestly, backlinking startegies are many and varied and there is no space to write about them in detail here. You can check out the link in my signature belwo for more info on that... :)

Good luck,

Sam

samwinport, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  6. newwebseo

newwebseo Member

Best Answers:
    Among others:
    +Put in relevant title to pages
    ++ Put in proper meta description
    +++Put in Alt tag for images
    ++++Create sitemap & submit to SEs

newwebseo, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  7. sloth456

sloth456 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your site is already indexed then you probably won't have to worry about the sandbox. YOu just want higher rankings right?

OK, the first step is to get google to trust you somewhat. To do that, place a few links here and there from some high authority sites. Good places to go are web 2.0 properties likes squidoo and hubpages.

Once you've done that build some links to your site from directories (I'm not a big advocate of directory links, but I use them just so my link profile looks somewhat mixed). Use a manual directory submission service. If you PM me I will send you the link to a good reliable service. You might need around 100 links.

Ok, now you really need to ramp it up and get lots and lots of links otherwise you won't hit 1st page.

A good way to do this is with Unique Article Wizard. This site will publish an article containing a link to your site on over 800 article directories and other sites within their network. A slightly different version of your article will be posted on each and the submission process will be staggered. A membership to UAW is about $67 a month, but you can ask someone in the buy, sell, trade section of digitalpoint to do a submission for you for about $25.

After that, you'll still need more links. Something I've personally done with great success is submit my link to around 1500 pligg sites. I used a piece of software called autopligg to do it with, however most pligg sites now use recaptcha so autopligg doesn't work well these days. A better piece of software that's just come out is Link Farm Evolution. LFE will post your link to around 3000 pligg sites and 3000 wordpress MU blogs. I have no doubt that LFE will work extremely well, but it costs $297 and there aren't many owners on DP yet, so you'll probably have a hard time getting anyone to blast for you at $25.

Finally, you may also consider using XRumer, which is a forum spamming tool (yes I said spamming). If you don't like the idea of forum spamming then don't use it. I personally have with moderate success. You can usually find someone here to post for around $25. I think Nufa has a service for around $15.

If you do all of these in the order I've stated and the keyword you're targeting isn't hugely competitive you should at the very least get a top 10 ranking.

One massive detail you shouldn't miss out! Make sure that at least 50% of all your links are exact keyword macthes. So if you're targeting "cat scratching posts", 50% of your links need to say "cat scratching posts". THIS IS A MUST, if you don't target your links you will not rank for the keyword you are targeting. Don't over do it though, 50% is about right more than that and you probably risk having your link profile devalued somewhat.

If you can always try to space out your link building, so it's not done all at once. Naturally, not many sites get links really fast. So if you build them too fast Google may suspect you are simply trying to manipulate your ranking (which you are) and may decide to devalue your links or mb ignore some.

I hoep that helps.

sloth456, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. romelprashad

romelprashad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never forget to book mark the interesting articles in your website. It can gain traffic to your website.

romelprashad, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  9. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my, these are really good replies, il have to wait until I finish work...then I can fire away. Thanks guys..be back soon ;).

buckmajor, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  10. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.. let the search engine bots crawl your site naturally :D

Don't waste your time on search engine submissions. It became obsolete and ineffective strategies as time pass by. What I would suggest is submission to Social Bookmarking Sites.

JessieJames27, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  11. seoaccount

seoaccount Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are asking about on page optimization then there are lots of other things to do, like:

meta tags
    titles
    html sitemap
    xml sitemap
    rss feed
    titles tags on links
    image optimization with alt tags optimization
    content optimization with targeted keywords

seoaccount, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  12. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no broken link, no w3c error should there.

lindamood1, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  13. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do on-page optimization (meta's) then off-page optimization to promote your site.

beacon.seo, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. ronnie.williams

ronnie.williams Guest

Best Answers:
    Rule of Thumb for attaining good SERP ranking: Create high Google page rank (PR) link from relevant page to a relevant website page hyper-linked against relevant keyword.

ronnie.williams, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  15. epdrama

epdrama Peon

Best Answers:
    comment on do-follow blog for higher pr. hope it helps.

epdrama, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  16. neekyme

neekyme Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it seems like that u still have so many things to do.

But i will suggest u start with a easy site navigation.

Create a naturally flowing hierarchy. Make it as easy as possible for users to go from general content to the more specific content they want on your site. Add navigation pages when it makes sense and effectively work these into your internal link structure.:)

neekyme, Sep 1, 2009 IP
    atworld100 likes this.
  17. Debt Reduction

Debt Reduction Peon

Best Answers:
    Also take care for your site content....should be unique and i prefer a copyscape passed content to be used for sites. That makes site more relevant to niche.

Debt Reduction, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  18. musicQ

musicQ Peon

Best Answers:
    social bookmarkin is the best way to get indexed quickly...thn start doing link builing....

musicQ, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  19. diggits

diggits Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My vote goes for unique content and only relevant quality backlinks..

Try to avoid blogrols and footer links..

diggits, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  20. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW! There is so much to take in, I have a lot to do then :D.

Man where do I start :D.

My new list: I have written some questions in red so please help me

> submit site to google and yahoo.
    > No duplicate content
    > WWW/Non-WWW
    > Rich content/niche.

+ meta tags
    + titles
    + html sitemap -------- Does it go on my website?
    + xml sitemap --------- Where do I put this file or how do I create one?
    + rss feed ------------ How do I add this to my site? I only know of doing this on my blog? Are you talking about a blog or something else?
    + titles tags on links
    + image optimization with alt tags optimization
    + content optimization with targeted keywords
    + no broken link, no w3c error should there
    + vaild css+ xhtml
    + do on-page optimization (meta's) then off-page optimization to promote your site ---------- What does this mean 'Off-page optimization to promote your site'?
    + comment on do-follow blog for higher pr -------- How do I do-follow blog for higher pr, or an example?
    + Social bookmarking -------- How do I this, or an example?
    + Article submission --------- How do I this, or an example?
    + Quality directories -------- Where do I find them, and can you recommend some to me please?

What do you think, is this all of it?
    Really appreciate your help, if you can answer some of those questions

Thanks in advance
    CHEERS :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    buckmajor, Sep 1, 2009 IP