1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suddenly highly irrelevant adsense ads showing on ALL my sites

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by webwowster, Aug 31, 2009.

Help. I checked my sites today and they are all showing highly irrelevant adds, and some ads are not showing at all :confused: You can see an example in my pet birds site in my sig bar. What is this all about? Its on all my sites and I have not received any email from adsense or anything. Has anyone else ever had this happen and what could it mean?

webwowster, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  2. filipina

filipina Peon

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1479551

I already posted about it. It is horrible my CTR has tanked today and the ads are junk. This must be our little welcome to these networks Google is allowing, and if this is a sign of things to come I will finally say good bye after almost 5 years. The filter doesn't do any good because I filtered out the exact ads they are showing.

Just what every dating site needs is fatburner ads, weight loss ads, pluck my nose hair ads, online courses, absolute junk. Google better wake up quick and put an end to this mess, or fix it, because it will wear thin with publishers already on the brink of saying goodbye.

filipina, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  3. yudhis97

yudhis97 Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too, PSA adsense showing on ALL my sites

yudhis97, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  4. webwowster

webwowster Peon

Best Answers:
    I havn't heard anything from google about these new networks that google is allowing, whats that all about? and why is it effecting us. They have put adult dating ads, weightloss, and internet marketing on my site designed for children :( far out, that looks bad

webwowster, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  5. filipina

filipina Peon

Best Answers:
    Last Monday i got this email from google titled... Enabling multiple ad networks in AdSense to generate higher revenue ....I will only post part of it since i am sure others have posted or linked to it... funny title it should have read Enabling multiple ad networks in AdSense to lower your CTR and show lots of junk ads on your site.

filipina, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  6. BSTMS

BSTMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Your bird site ads look good to me.. all bird stuff :)

BSTMS, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  7. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have had forex ads poping up on my gaming sites, and womens clothing on my forex sites, possibly a DB error on googles behalf, happens from time to time, but they usually have it fixed in no time.

EDIT: i checked your bird site, i would be using text ads and not images, most times the pay more and display more related ads, if you go to a website directly you won't see 100% of the time correct / related ads, however if you land on your site from a search engine "keeping pet birds" than more relevant ads will appear.

Good luck

zinghana, Aug 31, 2009 IP