1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submitting Sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Quentinb, Aug 20, 2009.

Hi All.

I have submitted my sitemap to Google with around 100 links in it. Change frequency for the links/pages is set to weekly.

What does this mean? Will Google wait a week before it reads my sitemap again or will Google wait a week before looking at the specific link/page again?

Also should I resubmit my sitemap eveytime I change it, or will Google find it automatically and index the new links?

Thanks

Quentinb, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  2. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    The change frequency let's Google know how often your content changes on a particular page. If it isn't changing weekly, then I'd suggest using one of the more appropriate settings, or skipping that field altogether.

MaxPowers, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  3. Baron Smith

Baron Smith Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, the change frequency of the link and pages shows an information to search engines that how frequently the page is likely to change. No there is no need to submit your sitemap again if you have submitted once however, you need to update your sitemap after regular interval of time.

Baron Smith, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  4. pubdomainshost.com

pubdomainshost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If you ever add pages and the count increases to say 200 - you need to add sitemap again.

What sitemap does is helps google with pages you as a website owner want google to crawl and index. It is easy on resources as compared to google spidering your pages without a sitemap and leaving most of your pages uncrawled for various reasons.

pubdomainshost.com, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  5. ajljalal

ajljalal Peon

Best Answers:
    can u breife what kind of settings are these?

ajljalal, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  6. richee123

richee123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Change freq will notify google to revisit your site after a week. It declares that your updates your sites weekly

richee123, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  7. andyfr

andyfr Peon

Best Answers:
    Resubmiting of your sitemap is necessary if you changed you site earlier than you wrote in Change frequency parameter and want to ask google to recrawl your site earlier.

andyfr, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. sharyl.wilson

sharyl.wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think u should resubmit ur sitemap again.

sharyl.wilson, Sep 1, 2009 IP