1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is DPs best/ultimate copywriter?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by paul4848, Aug 30, 2009.

Im looking for recommendations please.

paul4848, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  2. CriticalContent

CriticalContent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually a question like this cannot be answered with the suggestion of a single individual, as each writer has their strengths. A writer may be strong in technology writing, but terrible at writing poems. So there are different classes of writers at DP. I suppose you mean who is the best all-around writer here at DP?

That question could only be answered accurately if every single writer's work was on public display, and available for critique at all times. Which we all know is not the case. Another factor that prevents people from noticing the true value of a writer here at DP, is that many clients are too lazy to leave iTrader... even when they are satisfied! You do not know how many clients have complimented me on my work (some even pay me extra) and yet they cannot take 1 minute of their time to leave an iTrader. Trust me, it happens to all of us. I for one vote that iTrader should be required for each and every transaction. This would give potential clients like you more to base their opinions on, in regards to choosing the "best" writer. However, I can only speculate that the VERY BEST and most established writer here, is so swamped with work that he won't even have time to respond to your thread. Most likely the best writer here is busy right now writing for one of his many satisfied clients ;). So I guess that you would have to settle for.. "the best writer that is in pursuit of new clients". This is not saying that the best writers always have clients, it is only implying that the MOST ESTABLISHED writers do.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    CriticalContent, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  3. AceWriter09

AceWriter09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Paul,
    It's a good thing you qualified that question with who is DP's best. If you were looking for the ultimate copywriter, you would have to look elsewhere - and warm up your Paypal account or credit card to shell out anything from $6,000 - $20,000! The copywriter gurus will be quick to point out that you cannot hire a competent copywriter for under $1000, let alone the "ultimate" one. :)

Be that as it may, I don't think there is such a thing as an "ultimate" copywriter. As the man said, some writers are better at certain products and services than others. But the "ultimate" mark of a good copywriter - any copywriter, is how many sales they are converting off their copy. That's the bottom line. And, as with most things in life, you should always remember that "you get what you pay for". As a rule of thumb, the more a copywriter charges, the more qualified he/she is, and the more likely you are to see top results for your dollar. As the copywrite gurus will tell you, spending money on a copywriter to sell your product is going to be the most important investment you ever make, so you had better think carefully before hiring one.

So maybe you're going to get 500 PM's from people shouting that they are the best, and "pick me! pick me!" - but before deciding, check out their portfolio and track record. Chat to them via IM. See if they understand your particular product.

Good luck with your search. :)

AceWriter09, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  4. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to specify what you are looking for. Direct response? PR? Web content? Articles? What subject?

webgal, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  5. Kat Fuschillo

Kat Fuschillo Peon

Best Answers:
    I know of a great copywriter, but he doesn't hang out here.

Check out - http://www.davidraybould.com

He's one of the best around, but he doesn't come cheap.

I hope this helps. :)

Kat Fuschillo, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sem-Advance, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  7. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can write quite well.

As to who's the best, who knows? All I know is, most people at DP - including many who frequently post in the Copywriting forum - can't write at all.

Masterful, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  8. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am, but I'm not available.

Booked through 2009 presently.

So, now the question remains: who is the second best copywriter here? :D

marketjunction, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  9. Ruth_writer

Ruth_writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have many writers, though look at their iTraders before you book them. It is good to hire a writer, who has more 50+ iTraders for instance kichu1988.. he is my friend.....

Ruth_writer, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  10. EspressoChick

EspressoChick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    To find a great writer look at some of their previous work or read their blog. You'll get an idea if their writing style is ideal for your project. There are lots of writers out there and not every writer is ideal for every project. Sometimes you want someone who specializes in a niche. Other times you want someone whose personality fits well with your team. There are many factors to consider - not just "who is the best." Good luck! :)

EspressoChick, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  11. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This was a silly question. Quite a few of us do copywriting, some charge more than others, some offer higher quality than others. I don't know how you would judge the 'ultimate' without personal experience.

oo87, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  12. rock785

rock785 Peon

Best Answers:
    Difficult to answer this. May be the one who is booked for the next 6 months:)

rock785, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  13. cjaccardi

cjaccardi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I be best copy righter on planet , hire me so you know it. i be best and right your dopy very good
    i only 2 dollars and makeyou total .50 cents

cjaccardi, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  14. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, I am sure that your badly written, grammatically incorrect, garbled incoherent chatter you call a post just convinced the entire board of your incredible copywriting skills...

This is what drives me crazy. There are so many people who will hire wannabe writers like this that drive down the standard of the industry, and yet they will complain about low quality work. Luckily, they are not actual competition, but it is still irritating to see posts like this. :rolleyes:

oo87, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  15. davidness

davidness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the articles and fast turn around. Please let me know if you're available this week for more.

davidness, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  16. cjaccardi

cjaccardi Active Member

Best Answers:
    high David , I am be booked till novabra and the I take you on your copy articles , I righting for othr people now and soon be done of it real look like fan chen shirts. I wish to make verreee good business with you tooo.

cjaccardi, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  17. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not much of a copywriter either, but I have done some work in the past and get paid well for it. So I guess the answer depends on a certain point of view.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  18. Sneakyheathen

Sneakyheathen Active Member

Best Answers:
    ...please tell me that conversation is a joke. If the person can't even spell "hi" correctly, why would anybody hire them? The word "write" wasn't even used correctly. The "client" could write better copy himself.

If someone says they're the best...they aren't. If you're the best you don't have to flaunt it. To quote my favorite television show, "bestness is about a quiet existence." See who's recommended by other people - repeatedly - without fail. See who puts time into their portfolio and networking. See who's willing to work with you. And see who's in your price range.

What's best for you?

10,000 writers could come in here yelling "me me me" just like 0087 said, but really, how is that a good marketing strategy?

Sneakyheathen, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  19. cjaccardi

cjaccardi Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes it was a joke , lol , there is a lot of good copy writers out there and some are really expensive . I would love to find an affordable one for myself really .

cjaccardi, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  20. AnniCanClick

AnniCanClick Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the two best I can think of off the top of my head, are JHMattern, and YLPrinzel. For one thing, I love Prinzel's blogs, she's always very helpful to fellow writers, and such. I have her site bookmarked and read frequently, --the one thing I appreciate most, is not feeling like shit because I'm not as successful yet: Instead of telling you what not to do, she'll more readily advise you of what one should do.

Now, to annoy the Sneakyheathen, be totally self-serving, and more than a little hyperbolic: the best writer here is me. Hire me, do it, do it, do it. J/k.

AnniCanClick, Sep 30, 2009 IP