1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cant change My worpress title tag structure-Pls help

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by ronako555, Aug 29, 2009.

My title tag structure before was "Blog Title-Blog Post title". recently I upgraded to wordpress 2.8.4 and after that the structure changed to
    "Blog Post Title-Blog title" which resulted in a heavy loss of traffic (reduced to 1/5) I changed the code in header.php

to

<title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?><?php wp_title(); ?></title>

Code (markup):
    which resulted in no change i also tried
    <title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></title>
    Code (markup):
    which also resulted in no change of structure .. Pls find me a solution... Thanks in advance

ronako555, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. fish

fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using the All in One SEO Pack plugin (or something similar)? Plugins like this override your title tag, so whatever you put in your header.php wouldn't make a difference.

fish, Aug 30, 2009 IP
    ronako555 likes this.
  3. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No need to edit your header.php file to do this. The previous poster posted a easy solution. The seo mod is free and super easy to install. Just go to the plugin page threw your admin panel and download the All In One SEO mod.

This is a great SEO plugin with extra features that'll help out your wordpress SEO.

By editing the header.php file each time you upgrade your wordpress blog to the latest version, you'll prolly have to update the header.php file which is time consuming. Since i have had this mod installed i never have to update any settings in it. My SEO settings as in title tag, blog description and keywords can be easily changed with this mod with a few more extra features. Take a look at the mod or use another SEO mod wordpress has. There are more then one that we mentioned already.

snakeair, Aug 30, 2009 IP