1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Novice needs help with converting from .psd to AI or eps

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by proteindude, Aug 29, 2009.

Hi guys,

I am not a designer and I am also not much of a computer guy. I needed something small printed on a promotional product and the printer said he needs the logos in either AI or eps.

I only have the logos in .psd Is there a program or something that can be used to convert these two logos from .psd to either AI or eps? I don't need both AI and eps but only one (either AI or eps). Or do the logos need to be recreated from scratch in either AI or eps?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

proteindude, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the only option I can think of is using Live Trace Feature in Adobe Illustrator. You may have to comprise a little quality. But there is no direct way. For the fonts, you can type them again in Illustrator.

Xavier_3D, Aug 29, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Ideally, you'd have your logo as a vector file. BUT...

If your PSD is 300dpi or more (Image > Image Size > Resolution), then you can embed it into an AI file, or save it straight out of Photoshop as an EPS.

As long as your PSD is at least the physical size of the item you want printed, and 300dpi+, then your printer would be a jerk not to accept it as a Photoshop document.

If you can upload your PSD somewhere (and it's not over 10mb), I'd be happy to take a look at it (*for free*). :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    Kerosene, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  4. xopacuo

xopacuo Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, if the logo is not so complicated you can try recreating it in Illustrator :) it is not so hard

xopacuo, Aug 29, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice guys. The issue has already been resolved thanks to your suggestions. I still couldn't figure out why the printer couldn't do it because the size of the logo would have been very small when printed (about 100mm wide).

proteindude, Aug 29, 2009 IP