1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Articles Marketing is a must?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by alvin1972, Aug 26, 2009.

I have a question here, I have heard people saying about article marketing all these time, my question is "Do we need to do this?" or is a must to perform internet marketing in order to pull natural traffic? Please help or please comments. Thanks

alvin1972, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  2. wiziwig76

wiziwig76 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say it's not a must, but it can surely help depending on the niche that you're in. It is a lot of work for sure!

wiziwig76, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  3. senecacollege

senecacollege Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there are many ways to get natural traffic, article marketing is just one of them, so its not a must

senecacollege, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  4. Davally

Davally Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

it is not a must but is a powerful way to get a strong internet 'foot print' that will support your business but remember that articles are just a way to build links so if you use another way just as effectively then use that. I tried to use too many ways in the past to get traffic but now just use a few strategies that work really well so pick the one's you like doing. this is supposed to be fun...

dave

Davally, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  5. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, definitely article marketing is an excellent way to get backlinks, traffic and with some unique methods and techniques you can get your articles to rank high on SEs and see traffic multiplying and ultimately increasing your income, well those techniques and tricks come to you when you go along the way of building backlinks, noone can teach them, because each individual has his own way of doing things

COBSolutions, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  6. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    A must? No, there are other marketing avenues you can take. However, it is a viable option that you have. I probably wouldn't toss it to the side just because you don't enjoy it. I'd recommend letting someone else do it for you if you hate it that much. :)

PHPGator, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  7. woodley

woodley Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a must, but definitely a very powerful way of attracting links to attract traffic.

If you don't like it, try putting it out on elance to find writers for you.

woodley, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  8. manofasia

manofasia Peon

Best Answers:
    Not must but its very help to generate more traffic to your site.. Another things it show your expert in niche you selected

manofasia, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  9. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Video blogging and video production is passing article submission up. Pick a topic, any topic, and do a google search for it. Chances are a youtube video will show up on the first or second page. Then look for an article submission site, and where it ranks in the search results.

To answer the question directly, "NO", article submission is not a must have. People that promote article submission as a "must have" are not staying with the times. Article submission is nice, but videos are the future.

~kev~, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  10. JonRhodesUK

JonRhodesUK Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It is not a must - I doubt FaceBook used heavy article marketing to get where they are. However it is a useful way of building up quality links without having to pay money (only time), or think of genius viral marketing tactics.

JonRhodesUK, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  11. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Ugh.

Do a search on such terms as dating, sweaty plams, eczema... You will see only 1-3 articles, if that many coming from such article networks.

And even then, those articles still get less than 10 views a day. And some of those do not read all the way through anyway.

PhilipR, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  12. rathiagar

rathiagar Peon

Best Answers:
    rathiagar, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  13. sultan786

sultan786 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found article marketing one of the best methods to attract quality traffic, but it is not must.

sultan786, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's not a must, it's just another way to get useless one way back links. The reason I said it's useless as no1 really goes to article directories to learn something and it's becoming old backlinking technique.
    But if you struggle to find one way back links you still can use article submissions to get a few relevant links to your site.

praetserge, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  15. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a must at all. It's just free and relatively easy for someone starting out, which is why it's recommended so often.

Hagen, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  16. lisamariemary

lisamariemary Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just learned a ton about article marketing at a workshop I went to in Atlanta - I have my first article in the works and plan to do lots more!

lisamariemary, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  17. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what your website is about. If you website is service related then articles are vital.

factchecker, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  18. Christopher Grant

Christopher Grant Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, if you really want to get natural traffic to your site, Article Marketing is really useful but not a must.

Christopher Grant, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  19. Alpina85

Alpina85 Banned

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is one of the most tedious methods to pull up the traffic.

But on the other hand if you use it wisely, you can build a lot of quality backlinks to your website and boost your rankings drastically!

Alpina85, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  20. Steve_P

Steve_P Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a must but it's a pretty useful skill to develop. If it's not your thing, look into getting articles written for you.

However, there are a dozen effective ways to generate traffic and drive traffic to your site. If you want to avoid article marketing altogether, it won't hurt you too much in the long run.

Steve.

Steve_P, Aug 31, 2009 IP