1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need feedback on my sales letter

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by geoiss2004, Aug 26, 2009.

Hello

* Please see the attached Word doc * (it is zipped because file size was too large)

I have written a letter that I intend to send to local businesses. I am offering web services.

I have written what I do, some history and included an offer. In the top right I intend to staple my business card.

Please let me know if it reads well, or if I should add/remove anything. Any help is appreciated as I havent done this before!

Many thanks

Matt

Attached Files:

geoiss2004, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  2. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Matt. Glad to hear the news you're going solo. Good luck!

Read your letter. There's still a huge room for improvement there. A few suggestions:

- Be precise. You say you're going to the business of your prospects forward. How? And what's your proof that you can do this?
    - What's ethical design and how would prospects benefit from that?
    - State your offer clearly. The more specific your offer the better.

I hope that helps. :)

cd928, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  3. AceWriter09

AceWriter09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Matt

Read your sales letter. Just a few observations:

- Too short
    - Not enough info
    - Not convincing enough
    - No testimonials from satisfied clients - so how can I believe you?
    - Not enough "punch" - your sales page lacks "oomph"
    - Headlines poor - could be far better, more catchy, more attention grabbing
    - Where are the real benefits? What is your service going to do for me? What am I going to get out of it?

Your sales page also lacks confidence. I get the impression you're trying to get it over with as quickly as possible and run for cover. Maybe you should get a pro to write it for you. Not all copywriters charge the earth to do a competent sales page. Think of it this way: you spend a couple of 100 dollars upfront for a good sales page, which could earn you a couple of 1000 in conversions. You do it yourself for free, you might earn zip dollars from it.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :)

AceWriter09, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  4. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    many many thanks for your replies. i know what it lacks but i might need to enlist that professional help!

thanks

geoiss2004, Aug 27, 2009 IP