1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why can't Google directory ditch DMOZ???

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by peppy, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caprichoso

caprichoso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I could swear that vvww.google.com/webmasters/tools was a service from Google. ;)

caprichoso, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  2. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    and what is wrong with that Jim?

Or you think people should work for nothing as ODP volunteer slaves doing...
    for the love of God and... occasional pet on head by AOL, your slavemaster

:p

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Nah... them being "individuals" all voicing the same mindwash is just standard practice.

Crowbar is and always has been Crowbar].

Anonymously is however the very reverend Revr]

;)

Then again, with a name like Anonymously I'd not be surprised if 10 people log in under that name (its been proven a few times that the editors of the ODP enjoy breaking the rules here with multiple accounts after all).

Qryztufre, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  4. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    I don’t blame them.
    After all who would love to be punched in his face with retaliatory blows time and time again
    in this and many of other forums

:D

fastreplies

5. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Why can't Google directory ditch DMOZ???

And why should Google do that?

Google has army of slave volunteers who are working for Google for nothing
    and ditching something it getting for free is not what Google is all about

fastreplies

6. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Realistically, Google doesn't need DMOZ or a directory so it should just shut down their own directory completely.

When I even think about DMOZ, I think of old crappy computers from the public library during the mid-90s and the pre-Google era when the internet actually needed DMOZ or other directories.

DMOZ is obsolete and full of corruption. Anything getting into DMOZ also gets into the Google directory.

I think the only reason getting a listing in DMOZ is so grand is not because the site is in DMOZ but because the site gets put into the Google directory. If Google stopped using DMOZ, then DMOZ would be pretty worthless in my opinion because more people want to be listed in the Google directory than any other directory. Just like more people use Google search than any other search engine.

peppy, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  7. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, though that's an old editor profile and my signiture is a cover my ass statement that I thought prudent to put in. It's hard to speak in third person sometimes.

Ok, I'm wrong, but in the end they still answer inquiries from information seekers. :D

crowbar, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  8. caprichoso

Best Answers:
    I asked Google, as a webmaster, to reconsider a website of one of my customers because the former owner won a ban for parking it. They not only removed the ban within four days but also send me two update messages about the request.
    Such a thing happens because Google in contrast to DMOZ consider webmasters as a part of their users. And is willing to receive feedback from them. And treat that feedback fairly.

NOTE: Fairly means they listen, think about it and then decide what to do.
    NOTE2: And I don't think my customer or myself are SO crucial for Google as to make an exception for our case.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    caprichoso, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  9. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    ODP/DMOZ peoples never cared about webmasters :) they care about their pockets . That's explain why so much spam sites are listed here . Peoples make's an false paranoia about getting their sites listed on this directory just because it's probably most older . If you have 2 cell brains alive on your head just don't bother with that crap and focus your resources and working time on something useful there are so much places to spam your links most of them are free .

trustnobodynever, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  10. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    How dare you call them spam?
    According to Jim Noble and Co. they are "UNIQUE"...
    well, unique spam but that is another story

fastreplies

11. newbie25

newbie25 Banned

Best Answers:
    It will be wrong to say that all the listings are spam...but also no editor will bet that all the rejected links were spam:rolleyes:

I never understand why my listings were denied...plenty of the listings in the same category where I submitted are outdated with no visits whatsoever...If I make their clone, I will be told that we take one type of site once i.e unique (so called)...2nd way probably is I ll have to wait for my site getting 10 years old. When I will hand it over to my son:D It will get listed in 1st attempt, What the heck! Moreover, for few commercial categories the listings are literally 100% bias and its so annoying!!!

Such a thing is a major factor in Google rankings!!!! I know my opinions don't stand for consideration but still I want to say that either DMOZ should change their ways of accepting links or Google should leave them.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    newbie25, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  12. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly ... I don't give a damn about what Jim said :) he just trying to cover all those mess witch those folks do before , I was banned from this forum for few months just because I got infractions because I made too much noise . GUESS what ... still on dmoz are loads of damn it spam sites , the domain from where started all my noise it's still not added , the category was updated several times within this months and the links are still sold like hogties here.
    I have a very nice list with unique sites witch he's claiming to be , if I make them public and the sites will be proven to have no value for none , not unique and spam sites , he will have to delete all the involved editors / cat mods / super mods / hole category listed sites and at the end he can delete hes own damn it account quiting this job because it's seems he hardly understand what the heck mean spam and what isn't spam :)
    DMOZ it's damn it full with spam crap sites , loads of them damn it outdated , wile I spend some boring time mining here I found for each of their point from guidelines at least one site witch is here listed .

trustnobodynever, Aug 26, 2009 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  13. caprichoso

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, not even in one hundred years.
    After criticizing DMOZ editors' work, you and all of your sites are automatically banned (commented as non-listable) for life. Do you have any doubts about it? ;)

caprichoso, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  14. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    if they had more than 2 cell brains alive on their heads , and didn't looking always for more streams to fill their pockets they can consider '' constructive criticism ''

trustnobodynever, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  15. caprichoso

Best Answers:
    Of course, but that just doesn't happen.

caprichoso, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  16. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    This just shows that the priorities at DMOZ are not quality but rather how angry a DMOZ editor is or not. This is a big reason why Google should ditch DMOZ.

We all know that if Google stopped cloning them as their own directory, DMOZ would just be worthless and no one would offer to pay money to get listed.

This is another stupid concept about DMOZ. If you offer to "buy off" an editor to get your site listed and they find out about it, your site gets banned permenantly. If you go to BOTW, you can buy a link there and there is no big deal, it's just normal. DMOZ is a joke.

peppy, Aug 26, 2009 IP
    Ivan Bajlo likes this.
  17. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Mark my word. I said it first here in this forum.

One day Google will ditch DMOZ after buying some pay for inclusion Directory
    and this forum become as dry as Sahara desert

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  18. remshad

remshad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why you insist to add In DMOZ

remshad, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  19. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is why we need to consistently keep bringing this topic up with Google to ditch DMOZ. Google may not listen to me but if more and more people keep bringing up the topic, they will usually listen and take action.

I think it's fine that DMOZ can keep building their free human edited directory by their own peculiar standards, but I feel that DMOZ and many of their corrupted editors should have no business in deciding who can and who can not be allowed into Google's directory.

Many people depend on Google for an income and for a living. Getting a business listed in Google is kind of a big deal compared to any of the other directories. Professional business exposure should not be decided on the bases of some volunteer editor's "hobby" free time, whether corrupted or not.

peppy, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  20. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you asking or you telling?
    Whom are you asking?
    And who told you that any of us insist?
    Add what?

Where are the Mods when you need one?

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 26, 2009 IP