1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NO Logo for India Independence Day!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Jay26, Aug 25, 2009.

1. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes buddy!

I agree on the former part about this conversation.. :D

About the latter, I'm talking about something like

www.google.com.sco
    www.google.co.sco
    www.google.sco for Scotland specifically. :eek:

May not make sense at all. But , as we know most part of this thread didn't make any sense.:confused:

mdvasanth86, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  2. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    still you have colonial mindset?

jamuna, Aug 25, 2009 IP
    mdvasanth86 likes this.
  3. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    google should have change logo in google.com - as india is no 1 upcoming growing country

newlogo, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    India is a great country and will play an increasingly important role in the future. But how great a country is isn't dictate by its inhabitants. You can't talk up a country to become a superpower. True that India has some of the richest individuals of the world but it does have a sizable proportion of inhabitants living below the poverty line. I will feel proud not because one or two individuals are rich but rather than a country eradicate poverty for eg.

IMHO it is not insulting to say that India is not the most important country in the world. It is a fact. By population China surpass it, by GDP, USA, China, Japan etc, by military, USA, China. It is good to be proud of your country but it isn't good to be overbearing because of its successes. One should be more humble when one achieve more success. I guess Mahatma Gandhi's teachings hasn't really been absorbed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    wisdomtool, Aug 25, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  5. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well mate the thing is google has a personalized search for most countries so out therre they could have changed it. Well then again i dont see googles fault there probably it was Google India who was suppose to do that.

It may not be insulting but u know it will always hurt for someone to hear bad about their country specially from people of other countries . Practically someone can even say US is not the most important country of the world. Every country is important in its own way.

Neways no point in discussing such a thing i guess Google is not authority of internet or govt organization its a private company.

Bohra, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  6. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some interesting facts there. Some even I am not well known off though some calculations are such a showoff :D Lol..
    Anyway this fact
    is not that accurate as there are no real evidence. However its no prob to say it though if you want to.

Superb posting. :eek:

wptheme, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  7. pepprs

pepprs Peon

Best Answers:
    its quite surprising that people fight / argue just because google didn't change its logo to festive mood ;) Google started to give surprises like that and its looks like its more of an expectation these days.

Not denying the fact, this thread is going like India Vs Uk :) i mention a few things about the few countries..

a major factor to the sterling pound came with the loot!! they had from India and the queen still uses the diamond which is supposedly Indian. History books will tell you how much desperate were the English to trade with Indians. Gold, spices, diamonds ;)) Apart from that, India had taught UK a lot on ethics (from : please the kings just to kill them later attitude of the British to : a refined, cultured, tolerant set of people ) , attitude ( enter the country as trader and eventually rule them to whatever they are now ) , sacrifice and fellowship ( History says it was a dirty job to make india from wat it was to what it is. Even English historians agree that the British were going the last mile to separate the people using that infamous "Divide and Rule") There are of course countless reasons for UK to credit some part of its success towards India.

For India, India is India because of the English as well. From opulence, and opium among the kings, trade and wealth among the people, fight for the sake of fighting and dividing land along heirs as they pleased, India would be at least 30-40 countries instead of India if English never invaded. ( remember India is more of a subcontinent ) For all the wealth and honor and blood and attitude the subcontinent lost to the English, India became a single country with a billion people. That is one big gift for Indians from the British. Hinduism, India's largest religion says like . " whatever happened is for a cause. accept it / bite it / chew it and move on.. " India is significant for many more reasons than cheap labor and corrupt nation building as you see today. India is officially India only after 1947. a mess which the British left out, and the process of cleaning is being very unceremonious/disorganized. India is indeed revolting against Indians now, and it will take some for the dust to settle.

So both countries have something to remember on independence day ;)) Can't agree with me.. Have a Break.. Have a Kit-Kat!!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    pepprs, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  8. bruceslogos

bruceslogos Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not notice that either. Maybe Google changes logo based on international holiday or special tribute to popular people

bruceslogos, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  9. slowseaa

slowseaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are Indians on here so desperate to show how "great" they are? Yet my Indian co-workers/friends will actually badmouth the place

slowseaa, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  10. mdvasanth86

Best Answers:
    Thanks for bringing it back on topic.
    Personally, I won't mind if google / orkut don't put the Indian flag / logo on their site. After all, It's their site and they can do whatever they want with it.

But, they have done that in the past.
    I have seen their logos change for occasions like Diwali and Holi.

Diwali logo - http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1327/1382884583_e8658337a1_o.jpg

Indian Color Festival, Holi

http://www.google-logos.com/wp-content/logos/holi_india_2001.gif

India

http://www.google-logos.com/wp-content/logos/google_fans_balachander_republic.jpg

http://worthtovisit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/holi_2009.jpg

http://www.techdreams.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/orkut_logo_india.jpg

http://www.devilsworkshop.org/files/2007/08/orkut_india_logo.jpg

Philippines Independence Day – 2009

http://www.google-logos.com/wp-content/logos/philippines-independence-day-2009.gif

Google Celebrates The Kartini Day in Indonesia

http://www.google-logos.com/wp-content/logos/kartinidaygoogleindonesia2009.gif

2009 – Thai New Year Wishes

http://www.google-logos.com/wp-content/logos/songkranthailandnewyear2009.gif

-----------

They have done it in the past as you can see. So, the question is very much valid and relevant.

Saying that India is not a great country is not even close to what we can call an answer here. My above pics also prove the same.

@ peter_anderson

Dude, I don't have my national flag as my avatar.
    I'm not a chauvinistic super patriot as you claim.
    I have vehemently opposed some fellow Indians in the Politics and Religion forums over similar issues.:eek:

@ oseymour

United Kingdom != Great Britain != England

www.google.com

(I seriously doubt if you will come back and reply to this thread)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    mdvasanth86, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  11. Galway

Galway Peon

Best Answers:
    give India time - It is now making money, lets see if there is any change to the caste system or if 400 million Indians move above the poverty line, there needs to be wealth distribution so that the poor can eat, there needs to be real opportunity so that the poor can choose not to be poor and to not have to just accept thier place.

Time will tell whether India is a great country or just one for a few super rich people and half a billion poor people.

As for the Western world well most of the education that enabled India to have so many gifted intellectuals came from the western world and without that India would not progress as it does, in addition much of the wealth is created because industry of all types has moved to India because it was cheaper, investment into India has been immense.

I would say there are two sides to this as there is with most things.

Galway, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  12. AudreyP

AudreyP Guest

Best Answers:
    I have never noticed about that.. I think they never changed their Google Text design once every event..
    I think they only choose a certain event that is much historical...

AudreyP, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  13. bank

bank Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously who cares, just another day and Google is a search engine not a flag company.

bank, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  14. livewellfinancial

livewellfinancial Guest

Best Answers:
    Why? Are you an Indian?

livewellfinancial, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  15. mdvasanth86

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

No idea what that is.. But, I'm sure that is not the greatest nation of this world. :p :rolleyes:

mdvasanth86, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  16. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Last time i checked GOOGLE was an SE Started in USA... Not India :)
    (though I think 7 eleven was created in India but not sure) :D

Now I think that the Google engineers in "India" should have done something
    for there countrymen .in index , just like any other country they have offices in
    but fail to see why you would shocked the world doesn't recognize other country's
    independence day or whatever holiday ..

PS... Congrats on making it to the moon/space just recently... 30 years after we did :p

PSS.... Just kidding above dont ya guys get all emotional on me
    :D

Very well explained and truthful...

India will have its day in the near future im sure

laterz
    malcolm

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    malcolm1, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  17. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well that Thanksgiving Day Logo ... (though it looks like a peacock) so now im not sure :eek:

That would be when the Pilgrims landed on USA soil and met the Native Americans (Indians) ;)

thx
    malcolm1

malcolm1, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  18. dirtybob457

dirtybob457 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, try www.exgilf.com , they got loads, enjoy =P x

dirtybob457, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  19. lbrg

lbrg Peon

Best Answers:

actually, china is. China is growing FAR faster then india.

India really grew into the internet a few years ago, thats when the biggest growth was (i assume)

lbrg, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  20. thedreamer09

thedreamer09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you are so rude, may be your country(avatar) ruined us to this state...

India will be the centre of the universe in a few years. US is standing right up there because of Indians..

@seohyderabad;12321836
    Nice info brother

The facts provided by this guy is 100% true, and u can check google or any other search engine.
    Google should have respected India, Its google's fault:mad:

thedreamer09, Nov 13, 2009 IP