1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sort your finances out, Aug 24, 2009.

I hope this is the right place to put this question....

How do I use social bookmarking sites to promote my blog... I am just starting out really and am trying to promote my blog www.frugalfamily.co.uk
    and could do with a bit of help I think.

Thanks very much

Sort your finances out, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  2. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to submit your blog to popular bookmarking sites like Digg, Diggo, Flaves, Jumptag, etc.. Social Bookmarking is the simple and effective way to get backlinks to your site.

Jeff Collision, Aug 24, 2009 IP
    rcwilson4au likes this.
  3. newwebseo

newwebseo Member

Best Answers:
    While submitting pages of your site use proper tags, add the bookmarks to right categories & spread the word that you have submitted an interesting url to others in the same community/category on the bookmarking site.

newwebseo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  4. noam6767

noam6767 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try and make sure that you use as many dofollow site to bookmark your blog in.Also, i suggest directory enlisting, it will certainly help SEO wise.

noam6767, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  5. sunnyalo

sunnyalo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for traffic from social book marking site make sure that the title should be a catchy one.
    It is better submit your blog in dofollow book marking sites. It will bring you both traffic and link juice.

sunnyalo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  6. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    Try to use more doFollow website..It'll really help you a lot..

saurabhj, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  7. rcwilson4au

rcwilson4au Guest

Best Answers:
    Excellent way to get traffic and backlinks. You can't beat 2 for 1. But a word of caution, do not only bookmark your own content. Make sure you are bookmarking other sites as well so you don't get kicked out. If you are looking for another site to bookmark, bookmark mine! http://www.wilsonwebsiteconsultants.com/articles.html

rcwilson4au, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  8. invader_tvr

invader_tvr Member

Best Answers:
    you can submit in dofollow bookmarking sites.... it will help you

invader_tvr, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  9. KathyMillerL222

KathyMillerL222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, bookmarkings are very useful to get backlinks,
    Because, social bookmarks sites are indexed very fast by google rather than other sites. As well as, When you add tags, your link is going to another page so, you are getting some bonus backlinks there, With very few work on the site, you will be able to gather about 5-6 backlinks from a socialbookmark site. It is the better way to get more backlinks :)

KathyMillerL222, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  10. bobjones121806

bobjones121806 Guest

Best Answers:
    Step#1

Choose a social bookmarking site and register. Choose a more popular site, especially if your are participating in an affiliate marketing program. Some popular sites are Stumble Upon, Del.icio.us, Digg, and Riddit.
    #
    Step 2

Get familiar with the bookmarking site. Make sure there are other users who will be interested in your website. All social bookmarking sites have different types of users. Be sure to find a site that works with your niche.
    #
    Step 3

Recognize the articles, websites, and blogs that are bookmarked the most, with the highest rankings. This will give you an idea of what people are looking at the most. This is important, especially if you are promoting an affiliate marketing program.

Hope help:D:D

bobjones121806, Aug 24, 2009 IP