1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seems like PR has a real value after all (Putting Matt Cutts' words to the test)

Discussion in 'Google' started by blackonyx, Aug 22, 2009.

Ok, Matt Cutts gave a talk at Wordcamped, where he leaked out, that page rank at least affects crawl rate.

If anybody is interested, I did a little analysis of the crawl rate depending on PR, by comparing a PR5 with a PR3 website. There were quite a number of things to consider for doing this, so I'll have to refer to my blog for the results, instructions and tools used.

For those wanting the ultra short and totally inaccurate summary: Going from PR3 to PR5 increases crawl rate by about factor three (don't quote me on that, though)

blackonyx, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's been long established that PR affects crawl rate.

mjewel, Aug 22, 2009 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  3. juston

juston Banned

Best Answers:
    pr is dependant on similar factors as positions on google so they depend on same things.

juston, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  4. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK
    since this discussion about PR
    Let me tell you my experience
    I have this career website which ranks first for its primary keyword
    The competition is hot with few industry leaders there, while my offline business for the same is ranked 3rd in the country, but the online part ranked number 1 with google and that pissed off my competitors
    My site was a PR6 then, my competitors came up with a grand idea, they reported me for link sales (their administrator currently works for me, so i m aware of it)
    Guess what, google took it for granted and my PR was scaled down to PR3 in the next update and then PR0 later and since last one year or so the domain is a PR0
    But to my competitors horror, my site never lost rankings, it remained there and still remains, but with no PR
    Of course i never made an effort to increase it, as it is doing no harm to my business nor am i selling links
    PR is useful as far as link sales or domain sales are concerned, else it does no harm to your skin

It might be affecting crawl rate, but does it affect rankings, NO, IMO

COBSolutions, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  5. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i know of a similar case as Cash.. reported, but in my niche, someone was in fact selling links, google discovered it or he as reported or whatever, lost all his page rank but his site is still number one 8-10 months later for many competitive keywords in the niche.

and yes pagerank does affect crawl rank, thanks for that confirmation from cutts

michaeljm72, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  6. Takuno

Takuno Member

Best Answers:
    Pr affects crawl rate? I didn't know about that, so I'd go for PR I guess, if just for that reason. Especially since I own blogs.

Takuno, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  7. Adamwestrop

Adamwestrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR DOES EFFECT RANKINGS

PR DOES EFFECT RANKINGS

PR DOES EFFECT RANKINGS

Thought I would say it 3 times, so it sticks. I have even read a Google FAQ that states the above.

Domain PR and page PR do make a huge difference, hence why links like Angelas packets on WF etc do so well.

Adamwestrop, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  8. juston

juston Banned

Best Answers:
    it does not :)
    but the factors that affect ranking are very simmilar to the factors affecting pagerank so you and a lot of guys say that pr influence it :)
    no pr itself by the factors that effect pr itself :)

juston, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  9. Adamwestrop

Best Answers:
    YES IT DOES.

Pr does influence rankings, I cant be bothered to find the official Google FAQ that proves you wrong. PR does matter.

There is a lot of talk about PR doesnt matter except for links which is a load of crap.

People say 'I can outrank a PR5 site' however it is probably because that PR5 site isnt trying to rank for that particular term. At the end of the day, if you have:-

PR6 domain site with PR5 ranking page

Vs

PR4 domain site with PR3 ranking page

And even the PR4 domain has more links, then the higher PR site will outrank all the time.

All of you newbs who dont understand PR will never compete for highly competitive terms.

I occupy 1st page Google spots for several one word and two word keywords which advertisers pay an average of $1k daily each to advertise at top of Google.

For all you non believers, I cant be bothered to persuade otherwise. You can carry on being losers, while I take all the rankings and money.

Peace out.

10. juston

juston Banned

Best Answers:
    i believe you are wrong. one simple fact - if you would be right than there will not be pr2 sites over pr3 sites on google. you can find such examples very easily.

pr is only external value that can give webmaster aproximite prediction how good website is promoted. nothing more.

juston, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  11. Adamwestrop

Best Answers:
    Oh god..... You know nothing.

I cant be bothered to prove you wrong. I have money to make with my 6 sites on 1st page Google for highly profitable terms. Good luck trying to rank for your long tailed keywords like 'Pink chestnut ridge cabinet with attached drawers'

LOL.

12. juston

juston Banned

Best Answers:
    good for you that you have money :)

if you are nervouse you have to consult the doctor perhaps - but is not very good to comunicate on the forum withour respect to other people.

juston, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  13. dulcificum

dulcificum Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have money, are you willing to make a bet on this? Say $50?

dulcificum, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  14. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You seem very convinced I see. You take a website for Golf Clothing, and then go get links from Woman Jewelry site with high PR pointing to your golf clothing site, while I will take a golf clothing website, point links from lower PR sites but that are related to golf ... we will see how much those lovely high PR links will effect your rankings within the first quarter.

P.S. PageRank may affect rankings but doubt it can effect rankings.

Trapped, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  15. juston

juston Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, sure :) my mistake in spelling.

juston, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  16. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your statement, completely. Those who chase PR are wasting valuable time, unless as you say they are actually selling it. G decided to stop the madness, and they did. And I'm happy that they did. I used to get 20 link exchange requests a day on my pr6 site. What a pain! Good bye PR and good riddance.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  17. rebtut

rebtut Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by Crawl rate ? Does it mean the time it takes for Google to index your article after you have posted it ?

rebtut, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  18. Michaelr

Michaelr Peon

Best Answers:

I'd put a "Proudly PR0" website on it just to upset them even more.

Michaelr, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  19. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    Yh , IF check through Google toolbar can see last crawl date, Google knows the data of the site while crawl only..To increase the rate the site need to be updated frequently

rena, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  20. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    No, crawl rate is how often the Google Bot visits your website. It does so more often, if you have a higher ranking. A high crawl rate shortens the time for getting something indexed, though.

blackonyx, Aug 23, 2009 IP