1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN "Quality Click Pricing" bawaaaahahaha

Discussion in 'eBay' started by geomark, Aug 19, 2009.

Anybody see the new EPN "Quality Click Pricing"? A major change to how EPN affiliates will get paid, and they promise it is better...bawaaaahahaha

geomark, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    You got to it before I did. Not sure how this will affect everyone, obviously affiliates will want to see if they are going to be getting more or less commissions.

I'm going to reserve judgement but I have a fairly good idea what is going to happen.

newsniche, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  3. LinkPromo

LinkPromo Peon

Best Answers:
    EPN is my major earning, all with legit traffic. I have a feeling this is going to hurt me overall though.

LinkPromo, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  4. gustav1989

gustav1989 Guest

Best Answers:
    They just killed the program. You'll be paid whatever they want to pay you.

gustav1989, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  5. thelastminute

thelastminute Peon

Best Answers:
    thelastminute, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  6. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. It is no longer traceable to anything. They will just make up a quality figure to suit their whim.

Certainly it has been their intent to kill the program. This will do it.

geomark, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Son of a bitch ! I just woke up and read the email. Ebay was one of my good earners. That's why they always say to diversify and not rely on one program.

hmansfield, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  8. muppethunter

muppethunter Guest

Best Answers:
    Crap. Looks like I'll be pulling all my EPN stuff off my sites. What a bogus deal.

muppethunter, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  9. ejmeier

ejmeier Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got an email about this from ebay this morning. After reading about the changes, I have mixed feelings. It sounds like they'll be basically paying the same overall amount of money as before--assuming what they say is 100% trustworthy--but it will be distributed differently. Here's a quote from their FAQ that sums it up well:

"As a result, some affiliates will get paid more and some less under the new model."

For me, I think I'll be benefitted by this, simply by the type of traffic that I drive. A few crucial points that I noticed in the FAQ were:

"If the amount of credit card fraud, unpaid items, extremely low-value ACRUs, and a number of other variables resulting from traffic you send to the site is significantly higher than average, you will be notified and your EPC may be reduced."

So, I guess bad guys would get penalized, and good guys rewarded. Seems fair to me, unless you're a bad guy.;)

Another thing:

"...we look at both the short term and long term incremental value that the traffic brings to eBay. This includes elements like bidding and buying activity and long-term value of new users, but also includes other sources of value to eBay like PayPal and advertising revenue."

It seems a whole lot more complicated than before. But, I'll wait on see. This might be a good thing. Surely some people will be making more money than they were on the previous system, but others will make less. It's a bit unnerving, but we'll just have to wait and see.

ejmeier, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  10. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Have to wait and see I guess. While I have a few ebay sites that kick ass, I also have a hand full that don't make jack for sales, but get tons of click throughs.
    I definitely can say that ebay generates more clicks that adsense.

hmansfield, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  11. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
  12. Bambino88

Bambino88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the real crisis come to USA? Have they no money to pay bills?!

Bambino88, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  13. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I remember the same conversations when the acrus changed... once it happend i made a lot more money than I was previously..

Tommo, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  14. stuzilla

stuzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    I never seen a way where i would profit greatly off getting sales.. i just dont see my audience buying too much products. So i dont know, i guess i will just have to give this a try and see how i do from the QCP method

stuzilla, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  15. clowct79

clowct79 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is going to cut your earnings big time... you really think they'd change their program to pay you more? lol.

clowct79, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  16. sarirejo

sarirejo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, i don't even get to affiliate page.
    they just make us really hard to get money from them. This brand have reputation.

sarirejo, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  17. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just blogged this and thought I'd share here.

William Martin-Gill, Director of Internet Marketing for the eBay Partner Network, joins Linda Woods at noon Pacific today on the Affiliate Marketing Insider podcast to discuss the details of the network’s just announced move to a commission payout model based on clicks instead of sales or leads.

On WebmasterRadio.FM at 3 EST, Noon Pacific and then will be in the archives by tomorrow to listen to on demand.

5starAffiliates, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  18. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole thing is definitely concerning to say the least. I have to say that I agree with Tommo and experienced the higher payout for ACRUs. Still, I think it's a good idea to promote other merchants while the dust settles.. just in case.

hanji

hanji, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  19. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is better..... for them..... paying affiliates less = greater profit for them :eek:

ChrisBa, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  20. Icedout

Icedout Active Member

Best Answers:
    Time to go back to earning money from google ads. I see this as Ebays way of making up for the horrible economy. You think if the economy was normal they would be implementing this, hell no. Anyway to screw the lower class. I always new my earnings were to good to be true. I had a feeling either Ebay was going to cancel my account for no reason or they'd change their program. That's how these monopolies work. The only people that will benefit will probably be large company websites. This is horrible news!

Icedout, Aug 22, 2009 IP