1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$20 ***Logo Improvement Contest*** wish to end in 48hrs max

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Aug 19, 2009.

Hi guys,

I need to improve my logo. Basically I run a contest, I was very happy with the logo and somehow I feel I made the wrong change by giving it a bit of a metallic look. The logo is for sports nutrition and the metallic look had people commenting the logo looks more like a tool company logo.

So these are the requirements:

Please keep everything as it is but I need the following:

I want a better outline. I prefer some type of a swooshy outline, a fresh outline, perhaps a stroke effect similar to the Tempo logo here or something similar to the outline of intel inside logo.

Please try and use pleasant, non metallic colours such as the ones here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=11391700&postcount=88

Please keep the same colours and basically give the existing logo a nice, outline and I think this should be it.

The original logo can be downloaded from here

I wish to end this within 48hrs

The winner gets $20 via paypal

Any questions please ask.

proteindude, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. RickHedge

RickHedge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Was the original designer from this forum? You should really give the original designer the opportunity to tweak it. That way they are on the same path with the image. All you are going to get here are peoples half assed attempts to change it, which are going to destroy the original concept. I'm sure if you offer him/her the 20 bucks they would be happy to do it for you you might even get them to do it for 10 bucks. Thats just my 2 cents, good luck with your contest, you are going to need it.

RickHedge, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  3. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    something like this, it's no longer metalic

[​IMG]

Chewysmom, Aug 19, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  4. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm, I actually really like this logo as it is. I see alot of nutrient logos like it. But I will try to make an entry.

EDIT: Ok here is my first attempt. I honestly really like the original design and think it works great, so I just changed the colors to make it look less metallic and more eye appealing. I will try something more original in a bit:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Here is my second attempt.

[​IMG]

And here is a third attempt:

[​IMG]

Here is the previous logo, but with a bit of glimmer

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    V06-TECH, Aug 19, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Rick, thanks for the input. The original designer is from DP. The reason I did not ask him to re do this is because he was a super nice guy and I did his head in with my requests for change. He did all the changes I asked, he did not complain at all but I felt that there was a little miscommunication between me and him and hence I resorted to plan b.

Chewysmom: thanks for the entry. It looks really good. The only two things I would change is to remove that orange-ish colours from the word legit and maybe keep the letters fully white. And also I would remove that blurry effect where the shining/sparkling effect is. I think the word legit would look better and cleaner with completely white letters. As is my custom, I am providing feedback and am not requiring changes. It is completely up to the entrants if they want to do any changes.

V06-TECH: Thanks for the submissions. I also like my original logo and that is why I am not asking for a new logo but just a few changes/improvements to the current one. I actually like your first one the most but I'm not sure about the radiant effect. Perhaps something as simple as just removing the metallic look would suffice. And I think the word legit would look better in simple white colour letters. The other entries still seem to have a bit of the metallic look. I also think that my request for a swoosh around the existing logo may not be a great idea because it seems to complicate the logo. Or perhaps the swoosh around the logo needs to be somehow thinner or simpler because it seems to make the logo a touch busy.

proteindude, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  6. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thank you for feedback
    changes applied

this one has no blur circle in the spark:

[​IMG]

This one has a small blur circle:

[​IMG]

thanks

Chewysmom, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  7. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I really like my last one, but I see what you mean. The logo almost seems to be getting swallowed whole by the swoosh. Its just at the edge there of being too much and just enough. I will try working on it and post back later.

8. RickHedge

RickHedge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's good to hear proteindude, at least you gave him the chance to rework it.

RickHedge, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  9. zyndtel

zyndtel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Proteindude! Nice to see you again. Here's my try.
    [​IMG]

zyndtel, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  10. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    These entries seem so similar. Zyndtels looks exactly like chewysmom but without the "bevel" look, and his sparkel looks like in my entry. lol

11. zyndtel

zyndtel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm just following the instructions when it said improvements and don't change anything. Well that's what I did. It looks like but it is doesn't mean it's the same.

zyndtel, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  12. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Some more entries:

(I really like this design, so I fixed the font and made it all white and we'll see what you think)

[​IMG]

(Here is the same design, but I tried toning down the "swoosh")

[​IMG]

(And again...)

[​IMG]

(And again......)

[​IMG]

13. MantisArt

MantisArt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

MantisArt, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chewysmom: thanks for the new ones. They both look really good and I cannot think of any improvements except perhaps the darker left side could be a bit brighter but I am now being a bit too fussy.

Rick: how about a try from the guy in Florida? I heard Floridians are great designers. Maybe you can tell me :) ?

zyndtel: thanks for the submission and good to see you too. I really like the colour scheme and I think it looks good the way you brightened it up a little. The only minus I can think of is the red outline (although very simple and pleasant) looks a bit plain.

V06-TECH: I know what you mean about the similarities in the entries but I think the entries would be similar because of my requests. Now back to your entries: somehow I feel like they all look a bit complicated. Not sure if this is the right word to describe your logos. Just something seems to be too much. Can I make one suggestion and you can ignore it completely if you wish. I actually like the swooshes that you are using but like I said they seem to make the logo appear a little too busy somehow. My suggestion would be to perhaps add the swoosh or paint brush effect directly to the existing background oval. I'm hoping this makes sense.

MantisArt: good to see you again and thanks for entering. Entry looks good but the only thing I do not like is the black swooshes on both sides. I think they would look perhaps better in white. This is just a personal thing as I do not like black too much although I understand that sometimes it may be used.

proteindude, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  15. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for feedback,
    I made the dark red a bit lighter:

[​IMG]

Chewysmom, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  16. MantisArt

MantisArt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi again, thanks for the feedback, here are the changes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MantisArt, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chewysmom: thanks for this. It looks really good. It's in my top two favorite designs. I can't think of any changes.

MantisArt: thanks for the changes. It's also in my top two favorite designs. I can't think of any changes.

proteindude, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  18. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback proteindude, I think I have a clever idea, don't know if it will look good or not yet. I will work on it soon.

Ok here are my revisions, basically all of them are based around trying to incorporate that 'swoosh' into the original oval. I think it looks less crowded when its apart of the original design, rather then circling around it:

(I think the black in this one really brings out the bold white name LEGIT)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    V06-TECH, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  19. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And then here is one more, I'm not too sure about it but who knows, maybe you will actually like it:

[​IMG]

(Seems like the oval in my last two of my last post got really dark near the bottom corner, so I corrected it)

[​IMG]

V06-TECH, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  20. willhaynes

willhaynes Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm terrible with working in illustrator, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways

[​IMG]

-Will

willhaynes, Aug 20, 2009 IP