1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing like the other IEs. In my work I find that IE 8 renders pretty closely to Firefox (much more so than the past). Then I went ahead and tried it on Windows 7 RC and there it really flies. I find chrome to be the fastest.

nontemplates, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    then learn how to code. I find no problem in writing code for IE8 that renders well. Apparently neither do the millions of sites that work quite fine on IE (particularly IE 8). You definitely had a point with IE6 and maybe even IE 7 but IE 8 is not that difficult to work with. You're living in the past too much.

LOL! Okay. How many years have you and others been saying that now? Face it Howard. We have many more years of IE left regardless of whether firefox ever does take the lead.

3. nolag

nolag Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I don't like any IE. Although I am sure that it is not that much more insecure in reality it is a bigger target and so it gets hit a lot!

nolag, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  4. overlordror

overlordror Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's true that IE8 is a massive improvement over IE6 or even IE7, but what really makes people like me stick to Firefox is the fact that there is such a wide array of plugins available. From plugins that completely change the look of my browser, like Stylish, to functional plugins I use every day like SmarterFox and FastDial, there's really no comparison.

Just about any feature you're interested in switching to another browser for, you can probably find a plugin that does it in Firefox.

overlordror, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  5. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually just posted there and have in the past. Sorry another point of yours blown though admittedly I don't find DP a really great place to talk programming. I like talking about programming languages that span further than online apps. Desktop, Game systems. corporate real business applications and yes Websites and RIAs.

Honestly if Corwin and I were the same person He wouldn't have written zero because in my book your credibility and objectivity talking anything MS is in the minus numbers. You got one rant and you ride it to death.

6. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Love quite a few of them and still consider my main work browser as Firefox but I think its just ignorant to claim that anyone that uses IE any at all does so because they have no knowledge. I've found several sites that IE works much better with and since its there on my system I see no reason not to use it from time to time.

On windows 7 I find IE 8 runs pretty sweet and I am using it more on that platform.

7. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    IE8 may have lot of powerful features. But for my FF is user friendly and easy handling.

joelchrist, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  8. remshad

remshad Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think opera is good browser.
    Thats from my expereance

remshad, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Our story so far...
    From your past posts, we know that your name isn't Howard. Nor are you a doctor, that's a falshood you invented in a desperate attempt to garner a whiff of respect. You claimed to have 40 years experience (which you later changed to 30) and that appears to be wrong because your posts have the sentence structure of a teenager. You claimed to work on the Firefox development team and that seems to be wrong, too. You post links to blogs that are inaccurate or incomplete, and links to research that do not publish their methodoloty and you cannot explain.

You do not understand how to configure firewalls, or antivirus. You do not know how to configure a Windows XP computer as a LUA. And you do not understand the barest, elementary essentials of basic computer security.

And, as I recall, I spanked you pretty badly with my post claiming that IE can determine, server-side, the version of Adobe Flash the visitor is running. You stated that it can't, and I challenged you that if I could prove to you that IE can do that, would that prove that everything you wrote is completely inaccurate. You left this discussion with your tail between your legs, and have only recently reappeared.

So, I repeat my challenge to you. IE can determine, server-side, what version of Adobe Flash a user has installed. To my knowledge, no other browser can do that. You claimed it can't be done. If I can show you the simple code, here, would that prove that you do not know what you are talking about, you-who-are-not-a-doctor, not-named-howard, etc...?

Do you accept my challenge?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    Corwin, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  10. Darrenan

Darrenan Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE8 is better and faster than its previous versions but i feel that at the same time firefox is also getting slower..dunno whether it is because of too much addons i use or its just chrome effect. :p

Darrenan, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  11. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol! Folks, explain to him who "Dr. Howard Dr. Fine Dr. Howard" is! LOL! Plus, I've had that nick since 2000 at least.
    Of course it's wrong cause I never claimed that. Trying to build up a little rep yourself, eh?
    What a bunch of BS. It shows how inept and uninformed you are.
    And you know this how? Like all your posts, you make things up as you go along with, again, nothing to back them up.
    A bald faced lie.
    Who the F cares? It's obvious you read something on a forum somewhere and now you parade it around like you actually know something worthwhile which, in most cases, isn't.
    In a battle of wits, you are half armed. Forget it. You're a lying loser. You're whole post is a lie. Go away little boy. I give up on losers like you who pretend they have knowledge.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  12. kris1911

kris1911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally never liked IE8. I used IE6 for long time and then now moved to firefox. Firefox is petty good than any other.

kris1911, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  13. pepprs

pepprs Peon

Best Answers:
    apart from active-x which is not so great.. there isn;t much anything special on IE. I just use IE for testing my scripts for compatibility and nothing else.. Firefox makes my day and night.. ;)

pepprs, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  14. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "howard", thank you for proving my points all so beautifully!

Corwin, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  15. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    IE8 is a very good browser, but after years of using IE, I am simply tired of it.
    Using Firefox now and Safari whenever I want to see a site looking pretty, lol.

Steupz, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  16. thewarrior99

thewarrior99 Peon

Best Answers:
    New improvement M$ made isn't really made by learning from erlier version's fault :D
    Still there some leaks found concerning about security,and still they can't admitt it...
    Firefox still my only choice :peace:

thewarrior99, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  17. leetmindz

leetmindz Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE 8 Works well as compared to previous versions which you can see by clicking the icon in the header of IE labeled "Compatibility Mode".

I see no reason for IE8 to be shunned.

Saying that, i must say. I'm no IE user. I prefer to use Firefox because they got their sh*t together before IE did and that says a lot for their business quality as compared to IE (IE took 8 versions to do what Firefox accomplished in its first.)

But with the invention and eventual acceptance and adoption of the brand new HTML 5, and CSS 3 it promises to be a heated showdown in the large browser category. Only time will tell.

Go Firefox Go!!

leetmindz, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  18. kado3

kado3 Peon

Best Answers:
    xD.... Lol =S Je suis déçu (haha french :))

kado3, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  19. vizmax

vizmax Peon

Best Answers:
    During IE 6's period I changed to FF and loved it so much that I hated IE.
    But after IE 8, its changing.. I use more of IE8 these days as it is great. But as ppl said, FF is user friendly as they are going with the same interface from the start without changing much. But, if you get used to IE8's interface, its awesome as it has many plugins and features that can be helpful. And personally, IE 8 works better for me for browsing in proxified networks.

vizmax, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  20. noli_m

noli_m Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still prefer FF or Flock. The are great browsers...

noli_m, Aug 21, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.