1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone had any success promoting their sites by using backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Michelle., Aug 19, 2009.

from sites hosted on a shared server using different class C IP addresses. I've read a lot of info on the net and it sounds like a great option but most of the info is from affiliates who are trying to earn commissions. I'm thinking about doing this but don't know if it's worth the extra money and wanted to hear from anyone who has driven traffic to their sites this way and had success.

The idea is to set up the domains, install a wordpress blog onto each site and add 2 articles a week and submit a backlink. Apparently google gives these sites more weight because of less outgoing links and it's supposed to increase your traffic and bring you in a good flow for a good few months.... but I don't really get how a new domain can do that?

I wanted to hear from anyone who's tried this. If I set up 10 domains using different nameservers, rdsn settings, IPs and add content related to my niche and then get a backlink from all domains to the site I want to promote will it drastically increase my traffic? Because it seems more or less the same stratagy as creating articles and posted them to top directories and getting a backlink.

Michelle., Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. Codex-m

Codex-m Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Michelle, any configuration will work as long as those domains provides user value and ranks high in Google.

Even if have 100 sites under same IP using same nameservers of course but each of those 100 sites are providing genuine, compelling content and service, it is more valuable to Google.

Of course, it takes hard work but I do it that way. It is more of a long term strategy...People does not care if those sites are on the same IP, same hosting, etc..All they care is the content, does it help them?

If yes, a percentage of these people may link to your site even without being told or bookmark you in top social bookmarking sites even without your control.

This is how important to have authoritative and trusted sites...They do not get success overnight instead, by playing slowly but surely..you can have it..Even forgetting to worry about server or domain configuration , as long as it is indexable and not a spam.

Codex-m, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  3. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh yes, I see, thanks. If I write good content I will most probably end up getting backlinks from other related websites, but it will take time so basically I should should just forget about buying these extra IPs? and just work on writing good content...

Michelle., Aug 19, 2009 IP
  4. Natheen2000

Natheen2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Always try to get more links from more domains, getting links from only other 10 different domains will not help a much, you have to go for more. There are various ways to get backlinks. As well as you have to get abt 20-30 per day... keep on getting backlinks, that will help a lot... :)

Natheen2000, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  5. Prince_Porter

Prince_Porter Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed you should. There really aren't any shortcuts to getting ahead, if there was, we'd all be doing it and everyone would still be in the same place. The key is to just keep going with good content, unique articles help a ton, especially quality ones.

Prince_Porter, Aug 19, 2009 IP