1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worst thing which can happen in 2012 had already happend in 1859

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by it career, Feb 26, 2009.

1. alexdale

alexdale Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys should watch these videos:

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0bj76389U

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjrStDxTrc

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5TOmRD_V48

Part 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZIyfBChmA

Part 5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zero0Y6TCA8

And all this user's videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/yowbooks

And there are so much compelling scientific evidences that the worst could happen.

I know it's kinda science-fiction, and we can't even imagine these happening on our own planet. But I still can't help contemplating about this. C'mon this could happen in 3 years! :(

alexdale, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  2. bedro87

bedro87 Peon

Best Answers:
    calm down guys
    nothing will happend
    all of this is BS

bedro87, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  3. alexdale

alexdale Active Member

Best Answers:
    ...and your proof is?

alexdale, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  4. bedro87

bedro87 Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i donot have one now
    but i will have after two and half years

bedro87, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  5. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

^^

I guess I gotta get me a couple of these I think it would work pretty well. :p

ChrisMiller, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  6. Soccerplayur012

Soccerplayur012 Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say that, honestly, I am surprised there hasn't been the obligatory "the worst thing that can happen in 2012 is a re-election"

Oh dear.

Soccerplayur012, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  7. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That actually is a good thing :) So far I believe Obama is doing a good Job for what the circumstances are, and I will be voting for him for re-election in the 2012 election.

ChrisMiller, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    1. There is no compelling evidence.

2. It is not "kinda science-fiction" it is pure fiction.

browntwn, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, off-topic, but I actually came close to sharks with friggin laser beams on their heads.

Diving for lobster, about 70', off Anacapa Island, Ca.

Under a ledge, tight fit, on my belly, grabbing at granddaddy lobsters. I hear my partner screaming, I cock my head back, and see his eyes as big as moons, with him kicking backwards away from me as fast as he could. I wondered what the hell was up, came out from under the ledge - felt a weird shadow looming, looked up - and saw this, about 6" from my head, hovering, mouthing something like "you're in my room now, tenderfoot."

[​IMG]

From the bottom side, that is. Teeth and all.

[​IMG]

Torpedo Ray

So, yes - I'd be more afraid of a shark with a friggin laser beam on its head than plasma blobs. :D

northpointaiki, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  10. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Whether or not there is a God, we sure do live in a amazing world full of wonderful creatures big and small. It is like we are already in heaven.

And those rays look scary as hell.

browntwn, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Totally agree, Brown. Nature is as spiritual a thing as I can know, and it is enough, for me.

I sure do miss diving. You're a fellow Californian; to others, something interesting, hopefully: The California coastal ecosystem, esp. the Channel Islands, is very unique, because of the confluence of the Mexican warm currents with the Alaskan cold currents. I've been on night dives, and been gifted with some of the most amazing color shows I could imagine possible, in nature:

[​IMG]

-been in a kelp forest, when a slow, lolling pod of California Grey whales came soaring by, yards away; been played with by the puppies of the sea (though totally wild "puppies" - "cute" as they are), seals, otters and sea lions; had many near miss, toe-to-toes with the bravest little dudes - the tiny goby:

[​IMG]

Pissed off I dared to venture into their turf, little motels in the holes and crannies of the coral. Funny little creatures, dart your mask-lens to tell you to piss off.

Yeah, on the torpedo ray dive, I literally "became one" with the sand floor, tried to be as small as I could be, as I slunk away, saying "please do excuse my unwarranted and boorish intrusion, Sir Ray."

The cool thing is, you see sharks and other predators all the time - but it's no big deal, usually - they're attending their business, as are you.

The only time it gets a bit weird is on a night dive, when it's a jet black sky above and opaque slate sea below - and you can't see anything, except the small beam of light, like a light saber, in front of you. You come back to the surface, break your signal stick, and wait for the boat, an hour to an hour and a half or so...floating, with your legs dangling down, in known hammerhead, blue and other sharks' waters. You get used to being as motionless as possible, and talking to your dive partner about innocuous things, to pretend you aren't peeing your suit.:eek:

I'm amazed I survived my youth. I'll not tell the time I shot myself with a crossbow...:D

(To the OP - sorry for the off-topic. Retiring from the thread).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    northpointaiki, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  12. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is that why one of the biggest and well known Physicists in the world (Michio Kaku) believes that this is a real danger and that every country in the world should start reenforcing their power grids?

I think you should read up more on this man. People like Kaku do not go out on a limb like this without any facts or reasons. Solar Flares happen every 11 years, and before every solar flare cycle there is usually some kind of solar activity on the suns surface, but this time it has been extremely quiet in between solar flares which is causing many scientists to believe that the next blowup could be much bigger then anything since 1859. If a world wide blackout happens we will be thrown back 1000 years and there will be world wide panic. I wonder if our nukes will work?

pingpong123, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  13. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A thousand years? Why not 2000 years? Or 500 years?

Phynder, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Because people are just making things up.

browntwn, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  15. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Browntown, This isnt a conspiracy theory. The leading physicists around the globe have been saying the solar activity between solar flare cycles has been way to quiet. This has the potential to knock all power grides out on earth.

Dont believe me? Well how about Kaku? Is he a nutcase? Hes one of the top physicists in the world whose sounding off the alarm. Even your favorite fox news channel is taking this guy seriously.

pingpong123, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  16. browntwn

Best Answers:
    pingpong123, it was clear that I am talking about your predictions of mankind being "thrown back 1000 years" and other such nonsense that is based on nothing but your imagination. Or did I miss where any scientist claims that mankind will be "thrown back 1000 years"?

Did you make that part up or was that something Kaku predicted? You are conflating the predictions of scientists with your own made up doomsday scenarios. That is where I have the problem.

browntwn, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  17. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would throw us back 200 years - there was no electricity then, was there? I think lightning wasn't invented until 1888.

Phynder, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  18. lordzmizan

lordzmizan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a survival ? omg I have to meet master luke I need to find it toys r us anyone wanna join?

lordzmizan, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  19. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no need for that as long you can survive without electricity and govt water supply , there is no need to worry about december 2012 :D .

it career, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  20. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Brown it was an expression dude:D. We will be thrownback bigtime though.
    Can any one of us imagine our lives without electricty? without running water and without transportation?

Our governments should at least work on having a backup system in place in case the solar flares are of the strong intensity?

pingpong123, Sep 1, 2009 IP