1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it good copying content. can any one get PR by copying content?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by michaeljackson, Aug 17, 2009.

Is it good copying content. can any one get PR by copying content?
    say one bloggers is copying content from another blogger. and if the 2nd blogger content get cached before the original blogger content then how google will track this who is original and who is duplicate.

need your suggestions..

michaeljackson, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  2. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically whoever gets indexed first is the original content creator in the eyes of Google

vstar, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  3. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually that's not true. It's the page that Google considers to be the most authoritative that will get the credit.

I have a fan site for a popular niche game that's been around for over 25 years now -- I once copied the content from the official site (without permission no less!!!) and slapped it up on the fan site as a resource for those fans. But since I divided the content over multiple pages (it was all on one page), Google picked it up and quickly dumped the official site's content from its index.

Both sites still exist, and the exact same content is still on bofadem, but I'm the one getting credit (and #1 rankings) for those pages and the keywords they target. :cool:

Dan Schulz, Aug 17, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  4. gelous09

gelous09 Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm agree with the previous poster. Google pay much more attention to authority (page and whole domain).
    Page with copy-pasted article with pr 5 will not get supplemental, while pr 1 page with original content will (if domains trust level is equal)

gelous09, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  5. donphant

donphant Guest

Best Answers:
    i did not know it was more about Authority.
    I am learning at the moment about link building and SEO and i was told you 'must' have original in all pages and you get into trouble for Plagiarising.

just wondering then, if you have the original content about something and someone copies it and they get cached could you complain to Google or will the decision be final?

donphant, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  6. michaeljackson

michaeljackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your replies.

michaeljackson, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  7. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Written content plays a vital role in the ranking of a website. High quality content will bring your website higher rankings, more traffic, and greater popularity. Search engines actually prefer sites with that display quality content.

SEO Content Writing (also referred to as SEO Copy Writing) involves the process of integrating keywords and informative phrases into the actual content of your website.

Candise, Aug 18, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  8. simonheng82

simonheng82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If so, when i created a unique content (by myself) and publish it in my PR1 website, and at the same time, it was copied by other and paste into a PR5 website, that content will be considered COPY CONTENT published in my website? I think your statement is not true....

simonheng82, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  9. lamilao

lamilao Peon

Best Answers:
    That's one explanation of why there are so many copy sites.

lamilao, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  10. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google pays much more attention to relevancy and thematic contents.

If you copy an article to your site that is relevant to that article, say for example exercise tips from a sports site and your site is about fitness and exercise... google will tend to give weight to your site as relevant to the content you are posting, and at the same time think of the article at the sports site as the copy.

This called thematic and relevant content.

catrosinfo, Aug 18, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  11. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it is not about PR.. but relevancy. Search engines now a days are more concerned about relevancy and relevancy alone. If your content is relevant to your domain name.

catrosinfo, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  12. Gene2009

Gene2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also believe that Google would consider articles which are relevant to the site.. Thus, copying might be allowed in the eyes of Google.. However, you have to take the risk of being charged with plagiarism in the future if you do copy contents of others..

Gene2009, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  13. Gusmo

Gusmo Peon

Best Answers:
    I was under the impression that the first to get indexed was seen as the original by Google. If it is more to do with page ranking, what prevents a higher page ranked site from copying new contwnt from a lower page ranked site?:confused:
    Surely that indexed by google fist is the origninal....:confused:

Gusmo, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  14. puppetguy

puppetguy Peon

Best Answers:
    An eye opener. I've got a site which got NOTHING to do with the content that's on it. The site is 5yrs old. With this site I scrape content from directories. I make like $50 p/d with this site. So, in conclusion, I don't believe sh*tty stuff!!

puppetguy, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  15. bbriniotis

bbriniotis Peon

Best Answers:
    From what i have seen both vstar and Dan Schulz are correct.

You see if you post something first, you get indexed first and get some links too you are considered from google to be the writer. Now if CNN desides to copy your article and post it on their site, you understand that your page will no longer be visible on the search results.

It depends on the authority that the guy who copypastes the content.Perhaps the blog of Dan Schulz is considered very important and thus when he made that post it lead to removal of the official page.

by the way Dan, will you post something on your site for me? :p :p

bbriniotis, Aug 19, 2009 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  16. Gusmo

Gusmo Peon

Best Answers:
    hey puppetguy, $50 p/d from a site where the content is nothing to do with the site?
    Using Adsnese? CPA? Or is the copied content on pages other than your sales/download page for your product?

Gusmo, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  17. puppetguy

puppetguy Peon

Best Answers:

Well, I'm using ONLY adsense. The site's index page ranks PR5, some other pages on the site rank PR4, PR3. I'm NOT going to tell what this specific site is about, but I do NOT sell anything from it. It's mostly scraped content. Around 40 000 pages indexed. There are times when more pages are indexed, then I make more.

puppetguy, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  18. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's best just to avoid having the same content on more than one site. It's too risky and you can't really predict whether Google will penalize you for it or not.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  19. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    The content isn't on my blog. It's on another Web site with its own community forum.

Uh, no. But I do have a list of kick arse free software for Windows series coming up. I'm not sure whether I should start with utilities or security. Leaning towards the latter.

Dan Schulz, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  20. Sandy James

Sandy James Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Dan Schulz and Google pays more attention to the most authoritative page.

Sandy James, Aug 19, 2009 IP