1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need suggestions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by amedno1, Aug 6, 2006.

Ive been looking for something to start my internet business but I just dont seem like I have found anything in particular yet, I need help from you people make this a brainstorming session.

Whats a good business to start? I want to start something based on filling a need, solving a problem. Im stuck, what can you suggest. My strengths are anything business.

P.S
    I need someting which requires little investment cos im low on cash, looking for something that will earn within 2 months the maintainace fees at least

amedno1, Aug 6, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you're that strong in "business" you'd know that coming into a forum and asking for business ideas that will pay off quickly, be cheap, and giving no background whatsoever isn't going to get you anywhere at all. You're putting the cart before the horse. You can't come up with a business idea without first understanding exactly what's involved... and if you're assuming it's going to be a quick fix in 2 months, you really don't know what's involved. I started my business with almost no investment whatsoever, but you can easily spend those first two months in a business like that doing nothing but networking and marketing building your potential client base.

1. First, you need to sit down and make a list of everything you enjoy. Then a list of everything you're good at, and have the education to back (that can play a big role in how clients view you in most niches). Then cross-reference and see if you can come up with an interesting idea that overlaps.

2. Then, determine if there's really a need, or if the market's saturated. Look for a niche within it that you can specialize in that's maybe not covered as much. For instance, just going into general Web design might not be an easy idea, b/c there's so much competition. But choosing a specialty (like websites for bands, or sites that are very simple and basic and targeted towards small businesses in your hometown, or model / photographers' portfolio sites, etc.), might open doors to you otherwise not available.

Here are some ideas to give you a jump start in creating your initial list:

150 Types of Freelance Jobs
    65 Types of Consulting Jobs

Jenn

jhmattern, Aug 6, 2006 IP
    Colleen, EduOrg and amedno1 like this.
  3. EduOrg

EduOrg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jenn - I'm amazed at your patience. My first reaction was...is he kidding? A good business advice in 30 seconds and for free?? Your response deserves kudos and an extra notch in reputation. Best.

EduOrg, Aug 6, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  4. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    You are accusing him of something he didn't say. He never said 'free'

demosfen, Aug 6, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It would be much easier for people to give suggestions, if you tell more about your background , skills and experience.

sachin410, Aug 6, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  6. IndigoBlack

IndigoBlack Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with JHMattern. Look around at the services already being offered and see if there is a niche somewhere. I.E. if someone is offering a new cms system or blog system you could offer templates for it or a support wiki or something like that.

Good luck.

IndigoBlack, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  7. drweb

drweb Banned

Best Answers:
    I only wish it was that easy to jump in the bandwagon and make some progressive income like others out there. However, it must have taken many successful webmasters so much time, experience and personal knowledge to achieve that. To be able to achieve that in a short 2 months is rather degrading to the whole effort process.

I personally have been spending so much time trying to create a niche and find my strengths. I added my own insight on articles on my site. I take my time to find a topic I can honestly write about and add my own two cents worth.

Seriously, the internet is already conjested with people who come in and try to copy or do something to make some quick cash. That is why there is so much spam and redundant information out there.

I realize that it is much more productive to try to create something unique. Something that people will take note of rather than reinventing the wheel.

We can blog about anything, but if we offer our own expertise on the subject then we have a better chance that people will take us seriously.

I have my site running for a few months now and I am nowhere close to making serious money. However, that is fine, because I am learning, marketing and reading in forums and gathering information slowly. Basically, knowledge is power. Like Jen mentioned... there is definitely no quick fix to making money that fast.. unless you are super lucky.

Try learning and making some real sites that serve a purpose. Be dedicated and earn your credibility. As a by product of that quality content and credibility is revenue.

It will come to those who work hard. There is no other realistic way in my opinion unless you try to scam people. Also, don't beleive people who guarantee you some serious income in that short a span.

Anways, good luck to you and be a cautious observer.

drweb, Aug 7, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  8. Sacredhoops

Sacredhoops Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I can not understand is that people will actualy reply to these messages, but I had a question earlier and no one is enven replying to it!

I found that interesting myself!

Sacredhoops, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  9. etechsupport

etechsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice by jhmattern, I think you could start initially working as a freelancer for any online business that you are interested.

etechsupport, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  10. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My advice would be to start readinig DP! I have learned so much here and so will you, you only need to take some time and read.

You need one thing to get you started, an IQ over 70 :)

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  11. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can find it "interesting" all you want... but whining about it certainly isn't going to make anyone care about your question. It's just annoying. I'm assuming you mean your thread on partnerships.... If so, did you stop and think that maybe no one who's seen your thread has simply done it? If you'd look around a bit more, you'd know that most of us don't operate in partnerships, and you could find plenty of reasons why. So if you want a response, don't narrow your question down to a very limited group of people in the first place, and instead ask something more general about the topic.

Jenn

jhmattern, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  12. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    To the original poster..... "Don't we all"

factchecker, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  13. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice one :). Made me laugh

p.l.u.r.