1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The $2,000 and over club

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Aug 13, 2009.

1. alchemygold

alchemygold Peon

Best Answers:
    i am breaking the $2000 mark but i dont think me or anyone else is going to give away any secrets

alchemygold, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  2. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, I wouldn't get out of bed for 2,000.00 a month.

I would like for those who make $2,000.00 a month and over to share with us what they do in a day.

1. Do you make a new website on a daily basis - No
    2. what marketing tools do you use?
    3. do you blog comment - Rarely
    4. do you social bookmark - Everyday
    5. do you write 20 blogs in one day - No, just 6
    6. do you outsource everything - Somethings, but not too often
    7. do you linkwheel - Daily
    8. how many hours do you spend in front of the computer - 10 -12 Daily
    9. do you contact webmasters to link exchange / buy a banner / sell banners - No
    10. do you make videos - I suck at making videos, so not anymore
    11. do you check your stats hourly - Generally
    12. do you write articles / outsource articles - I write no less than 15 a day
    13. do you write press releases / outsource press releases - No
    14. do you have programs that automate stuff for you? Yes but I rarely use them
    15. do you rewrite web pages / blogs you've already created, for better SEO? - Yes
    16. what sources of income do you have: adsense, affiliate marketing, banner ads on your websites, non-adsense advertising, your own products. - Adsense, CJ, Amazon and Click bank

The guy that had the idea of changing your site as a lead capture site has a great idea and you should consider his thoughts.

Romanorc, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  3. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks jaxrefinance for revealing your secrets, i'm going to go now and build my fruit punch empire based off of that info.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  4. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take it easy, Lawyer dude. Don't take it that far with you :)
    You have your view and everyone else has his own. So, you should expect people who do not find what you say OK. Pay attention to the thread itself as people are already contributing instead of mocking at the guys who attacked you.

Lordo, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  5. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    You are the biggest joke on this forum.

You ask for advice and then mock the people who are giving you answers? Is it any wonder your websites are such crap?

dlm, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  6. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    I was going to write a post about the number of hours dedicated daily that people should spend in order to expect success. I decided against it, because most people aren't in the position I'm in, i.e. they have to work for a living and have a job.

It's interesting quite a few of you did say that you spent copious hours in front of the computer, I assume, working on your online business. That Jaxrefinance says he spends 12 is what I was expecting most at this level to say. I know in the "real world", i.e. mortar and brick businesses, a small business owner spends at least 14 hours at the beginning to build a successful business.

I wanted to just hone in on this simple point, just so people reading the thread could understand that this is serious business. Of course the other points are just as important. I just wanted to stick a pin in that one point.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  7. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

So you knew the answer before you asked the question? Except I only spend maybe 2-3 hours per day actually working on the computer. Unfortunately I also spend an hour or two on forums like this wasting my time with people like you.

dlm, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  8. djliku

djliku Peon

Best Answers:
    What is linkwheel?

djliku, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  9. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Like your spunkyness LasVegas dui LAWYER..... :)

jodyq, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  10. CPA Site Solutions

CPA Site Solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    1. No
    2. A lot, but don't depend too much on any one.
    3. Yes. But not for links.
    4. No
    5. No
    6. No
    7. No.
    8. 8 a day Monday-Friday and maybe 4-6 on the weekend.
    9. No
    10. Yes. But not for links.
    11. No! Don't be absurd. When do plan to actually work on improving your product/service/site?
    12. Yes.
    13. Yes. But again, not just for links. We use PRs to drum up actual press coverage (or at least we try).
    14. No.
    15. Yes. But we're very careful not to get spammy about it. Quality content is the most important factor, but there's no excuse for putting out great content if the algos don't realize it's relevant to your page. Being white hat doesn't mean you need to be stupid.
    16. We sell the best possible product to our clients for the best possible price, and (here's the real trick) we come into the office every day and try to think of ways to make it better.

Edit
    djliku: Link Wheeling is the modern version of link swapping. Google doesn't count reciprocal links any more, so now it takes 3 sites. Site A links to site B links to Site C links back to site A. Link Wheel.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
    CPA Site Solutions, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  11. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    1. People skills help in any business (yes, even online)

2. Your web site has some GIGANTIC image files. That black-and-white showgirl photo which is used at a tiny size on the page, is a 2.5 megabyte file, about 30 times larger than it needs to be! That and a few others made your page take minutes to load completely when it should only take a few seconds. While it's loading, it's kind of laggy to scroll and basically just irritating. Amateur hour stuff like that gets people to hit the back button fast.

SmallPotatoes, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  12. Newviewit

Newviewit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Each has their own methods but for me it started out with 14 hour work days for a couple years

Now I can take it a bit easy and work mostly on maintaining my se rankings and traffic (not so much in building my website network anymore, actually been condensing and cleaning out some)

Newviewit, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  13. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    You know, you're right. I have gone in circles about the pics. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do about them. I had them perfect, but they were seo craptastic. Then i resized them and they were blurry messes. Of course in my view they load up in milliseconds. Finally I just gave up. They look pretty, but load slow and are seo friendly. I can't win for losing. My blogs take no brain cells and they generate thousands of visitors. so i leave that sight alone.

But disregard it. I've got money now and am going to have someone redo the website completely. The site will make me butt loads of cash one day, I just need to get someone to redo it. If i could find someone. and I'm not going to spend 10k on it. Although I'm sure it would prolly worth it.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  14. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    If all business in America still retained this work ethic, we wouldn't be in this ghastly position we are in now. Pride in your own work and striving for more excellence, I feel, will always win over greed any day, and will be aptly rewarded.

Business savvy and doing the right thing should never be mutually exclusive. You can market aggressively and still have a great product.

15. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    You're just a little quote making machine, aren't you?

dlm, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  16. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    That made me giggle.

Perry Rose, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  17. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    That's how i talk in real life :(

meh i get lots of thank yous on twitter

wait a minute this is getting off topic

[disregard this message and proceed with the day in the life reponses]

18. TRS

TRS Banned

Best Answers:
    URL, please.

TRS, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  19. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't pay any attention to this Guy... He is Perry Rose and he was Banned yesterday because all he does is come in here and insult everybody, If you check his join date you will see that he just re-joined on August 18th (same day he was Banned as Perry Rose) and every post he has made so far has just been a continuation of every other post he made before he got BANNED

Perry, get a life you cyber stalker

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    vstar, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  20. CPA Site Solutions

CPA Site Solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks LV DUI. We really are very proud of the work we do here.

CPA Site Solutions, Aug 19, 2009 IP