1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Checking Website Position In Google And Yahoo

Discussion in 'SEO' started by JasonAnderson, Aug 17, 2009.

After you have several sites published, whether it's on your own domain or if you are using platforms such as Blogger, Wordpress.org, etc, you should check to see where your site ranks for specific keywords.

You can do it the "really long" way if you want. You can go to Google, type in your search term that you want to rank for and look at the results individually as you scroll down looking for your website.

If you don't like the "really long" way...why not try the "long" way. Just go to Google, type in your search term then press Cntrl F on your keyboard. When you click Cntrl F you'll see a bar slide up on at the bottom of your screen with a "Find" box. Just type your page url in the box and click "next". This will scour the page to see if that page is listed on the site. If it is, it will be highlighted. Continue to do this until you find the page you are looking for.

Both of these methods can be time consuming and it's how I tried to find my site listings in the past. The Cntrl F method speeds things up but it's a bummer when you go through 1000 listings just to find that your site is nowhere to be found.

If the "really long" or the "long" method doesn't appeal to you...

Just go to my blog The How To Project and use the Search Engine Position Checker located under the SEO Tools tab.

(Actually, that link above will take you to the correct page on my blog)

As you can see, I just enter my domain name, enter the search phrase I want to check for and when I hit enter...it tells me which position I rank for on both Google and Yahoo.

It's super fast and I've found the script to be accurate as well.

Give it a try if you want. It's open for you to use as much as you want.

Enjoy

JasonAnderson, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  2. wealthyaffiliateplatinum

wealthyaffiliateplatinum Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip, never thought of using cntrl f, thanks

3. JasonAnderson

JasonAnderson Peon

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. Glad to help.

JasonAnderson, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  4. wellf137

wellf137 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip...help me to find my site more faster than what i have done all this time

wellf137, Aug 17, 2009 IP