1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logos & Fonts (please read designers!)

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Nora, Aug 12, 2009.

I saw a post in the contests section of a designer saying the font would be sent along to the contest holder if the logo were chosen and I just wanted to point out to everybody doing designs, that unless a font was downloaded as shareware, you're not allowed to send the font along with the design. You could either point the client to a website were they can legally download/purchase the font or the text should be created into outlines and then sent to the client.

Just thought I would mention it so people don't go around redistributing fonts they don't have any rights to. :)

Nora, Aug 12, 2009 IP
    nellement likes this.
  2. sheryonline

sheryonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nora i agree with u ... but we hav to satisfy our clients if they can satisfy us :)
    normally they dont ask for fonts but when we talk about contests then may b they could ask ... but thats true that distributing of fonts is not a legal rite but overall we hav to see the conditions too :)
    thanx
    Shery !

sheryonline, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  3. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would you send them your program's serial codes too? I understand that you want to please the contest holder, that's only normal, but it's not worth getting in legal trouble over. :)

I have a feeling that a lot of contest holders/designers don't know it's illegal, I hope this is going to spread the word. :)

Nora, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  4. sheryonline

sheryonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah u r rite friend :) may b its illegal but as i told u sometimz hav to do according to the conditions and requirements nywayz nice post
    thanx
    Shery !

sheryonline, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  5. Duff1000

Duff1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    But there are many sites that provides free fonts, are you saying that I can't send those free ones to the contest holder? But I think you are right if you (the designer) using a font that you need to buy to use it, you shouldn't from the beginning use it in the contest design, unless you will give the link to the purchase to the contest holder, the same thing is happening with stock images, it's really a shame to see so many designer use them in there designs... that can get the contest holder in some illegal problems.

Duff1000, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  6. Soner

Soner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you should never send your design with the font. Convert it to curves.

Soner, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  7. nellement

nellement Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with you!

nellement, Aug 17, 2009 IP
    Soner likes this.
  8. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Yeah, just 'convert to shape' . Sometimes this can mess up the colours if you have more than one, but you can just split it into two layers to compensate.

Good luck!

Hecky, Aug 17, 2009 IP