1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link building tips - How to obtain relevant Backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by pro.seods, Aug 16, 2009.

Since generating links to your website is by far the most important aspect of any internet marketing campaign, it's imperative that you find ways to not only build as many links back to your site as possible, but to obtain relevant links that will generate traffic and improve rankings.

Once you have a spreadsheet ready, here are a few ways to create a list of relevant possibilities...

1. Determine who your competition is and perform a link: search. [ie: link:jameseo.com] Export all results to csv. Then find all the sites linking to sites "related" (Google's related) to your competition.
    2. Manually visit the top 100 sites for your top 2 - 10 targeted terms and see which ones are directories, blogs or have link (resources) pages.
    3. Use special search operators such as intitle:Keyword Phrase "add link", inurl:directory intitle:keyword, intitle:keyword inurl:resources, etc.

These 3 techniques will help you create a good list. The size will depend on the competition you are facing. I usually aim to find 1000+ sites and the list will definitely increase along the way. Also, there are different linkbuilding tools which can help you, but I would recommend manual work as it is more result orientated and quality wise much better.

As the list is generated by analyzing relevant sites, it will help your ranking assuming that the on-page SEO is intact.

After doing this, you can also try out some more techniques to get a break.

1. Contact other webmasters and let them know about your site. These webmasters should be websites in your industry with a lot of visitors
    2. Notify forums. Every industry has forums. Letting visitors that participate in these forums know about your site can generate buzz.
    3. Find blogs in your industry with huge RSS subscribers. Ask them to review your site. Normally all their visitors/commentators will review your site as well.
    4. Convert all your text content to podcast using text to voice software (Or you can record someone reading it). Then submit your podcast to podcast directories.
    5. Do the same with PDF's and ebooks by simply adding table of contents and converting the file type to a PDF. Then you can submit them to free ebook and PDF directories in return for links.
    6. Write a press release. Your website can get picked up by a major site with high PageRank. Helping rankings or sending traffic your way.

Furthermore, if you are linking to any sites, make sure that they know. Good luck!

pro.seods, Aug 16, 2009 IP
    sanjeewamad likes this.
  2. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips to get more backlinks. Although this is a time consuming process, it is worth trying.

kittyluver, Aug 16, 2009 IP
    pro.seods likes this.
  3. sanjeewamad

sanjeewamad Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, though it takes some amount of time to process, i think it is a good way to get some relevant backlinks. :)

sanjeewamad, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  4. samueldarwin

samueldarwin Peon

Best Answers:
    Good. The important thing that shocked me is your signature!

Thanks for the information.

samueldarwin, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  5. bobbingold

bobbingold Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Tips ...Thanks...Let me try it out with my sites

bobbingold, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  6. surfuang

surfuang Guest

Best Answers:
    try commenthunt to find relevant blogs with your keywords. Hope it help

surfuang, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  7. acedalright

acedalright Peon

Best Answers:
    The best backlinks take the longest to obtain, such is the nature of the beast.

The beast shal be tamed.

Smiles

acedalright, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  8. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you might try it! But believe me it's an utter waste. 80$ of the blogs are no-follow which are useless from the view point of SEO and SERP. Building quality links manually is the best strategy in the long run no matter how tiring, tedious or time consuming it is!

It's the truth and the quickly you understand it, the better it will be for your site.

pro.seods, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  9. webinxs

webinxs Peon

Best Answers:
    For me Articles are the best Way to Create Back links.

webinxs, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  10. TonyT42

TonyT42 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree because the backtracks and having sites post your RSS feeds onto their site does wonders for your SERP. That is much better than fishing for backlinks IMO. I concentrate more on articles now.

TonyT42, Aug 16, 2009 IP