1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i run Adwords campaign for n Affiliate link?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Lorelei, Aug 15, 2009.

or is it against the tos, to link to, lets say, a hosting website, with the affiliate link id?

Lorelei, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  2. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    You can still use direct linking but google does not like affiliate links & you may end up with low QS... secondly if someone is already using the same display url then you may have to shell more money to get take the position

shrkscn, Aug 16, 2009 IP
    Lorelei likes this.
  3. bryan chan

bryan chan Peon

Best Answers:
    Also please note that this is case by case basis. Some affiliate doesn't allow you to do so but some do. For instance, Amazon won't pay for direct link from adwords PPC.

bryan chan, Aug 16, 2009 IP
    Lorelei likes this.
  4. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok thanks for your replies guys! I didn't realize some affiliates may be against it (quite silly of them).
    guess it's better just to create a landing page with big splash inviting people to click on... lol

Lorelei, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  5. Getagrip

Getagrip Peon

Best Answers:
    You are better off linking to a landing page - that way you can customize the page to make it more relevant to the keywords you are bidding on, which should raise your quality score and lower your cost per click.

Getagrip, Aug 16, 2009 IP
    Lorelei likes this.
  6. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you have to check each merchant's TOS to see if they allow direct linking. Creating your own landing page to drive traffic to has lots of advantages.

But to get a decent quality score these days you need a landing SITE. You need at least an about us and contact page.

5starAffiliates, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  7. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, 5starAffiliates. Actually, the score is a bit of a tricky question. I created a campaign for a page (blog post) where links to my affiliate sales are placed.

The site is old, under 10 putgoing links per page, no spam, only unique quality content, about me page (no contact page, since there is an "order" form).

My keywords were relevant to the content, even if they are not exactly the same phrases as I used on the post, since exact phrases are 30 times more expensive, so I had to compromise a lil.

yet, I got a 5/10 q. score. Moreover, they still didn't even approve my campaign, its the 3rd day that i am awaiting review. No clue why is that :(

Lorelei, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  8. a_fazlani

a_fazlani Peon

Best Answers:
    can we insert CJ links in Adwords :confused:

a_fazlani, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  9. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think if the merchant allows it you can use a CJ link. You need to check the TOS for each merchant or contact them if in doubt.

But realize Adwords has a rule that only one ad per domain will show, so if the merchant or other affiliates are already bidding on that KW going to that merchant then your ad won't show unless you bid higher and/or have a better quality score.

So it's better to go to a landing page on your site.

5starAffiliates, Aug 23, 2009 IP