1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.info vs .com domains

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ushkdavid, Aug 15, 2009.

Im just wondering if theres any advantage to having a .com domain search engine wise over a .info.

.Info seems to be way cheaper so just wondering if there is a good reason to go with the more expensive .com

ushkdavid, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  2. staticiation

staticiation Member

Best Answers:
    my all domains are .info :)
    0.89$ godaddy

staticiation, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  3. plrinfo4u

plrinfo4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Geo specific domains have weight but others that is still debatable play it safe I say ..until hard facts are presented to you

plrinfo4u, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  4. ushkdavid

ushkdavid Peon

Best Answers:
    so far Ive been using .com with godaddy and I was just thinking maybe I shoulda saved the $10 to put towards hosting or more sites

ushkdavid, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  5. JeffNetSite

JeffNetSite Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it doesn't matter whether you choose any of the 2. In my opinion the reason why .com is more expensive because it's the classic domain used back when the first internet bloomed

JeffNetSite, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  6. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just the user perspective. I have a .info domain that I also want the .com for (the .net and .org are available); if I ever get the .com I will 301 it to the .info though since the site that will be hosted in the .info TLD is informational in nature.

But as far as the search engines are concerned, they could honestly care less.

Dan Schulz, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  7. magalhaes2007

magalhaes2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a fair number (300+) of domains parked at Sedo. Some of the domains with the highest traffic are .infos. However, be advised that if you ever want to sell that domain there is no market for a .info.

So my point is as far as revenue generation, I can see no clear difference. As far as the equity built into a domain name, .coms are the way to go.
    The 9 dollars you "saved" by getting a .info may cost you a few thousand dollars down the road.

Just recently Brazil.com sold for half a million dollars. The highest (and very few) .infos I have seen were in the hundreds of dollars. Again, those may very well be misinformed newbies that made a bad purchases:eek:.

magalhaes2007, Aug 15, 2009 IP