1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why did George Washington Say Such a thing?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by new, Aug 14, 2009.

Is it true that he said

Why did he say so ?

new, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  2. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to post a reference to this, like a link to a reputable source.

wwws, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  3. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    New, I don't know where you read your news and get your information, but you really need to cross check it with unbiased sources. According to many sources I found, that is a sadly twisted quote that was meant to have nothing to do with Jews:
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/thejews.asp

The ACTUAL quote is from the American Revolution and was:

Reseg, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  4. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    It is all over the web, just search for any part of the quote
    there are also some links saying that it is fabricated but many more are saying that it is indeed true

new, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    that doesn't prove anything.

what is more important is the reliability of the sources and not their number.

sachin410, Aug 14, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is possibly the worst proof of authenticity conceivable. The same could be used as incontrovertible evidence for numerous crackpot theories and conveniently fabricated facts.

robjones, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why do Muslims like new post anything they can find to try and discredit and make Jews look bad?

Do Muslims really think that by using George Washington to make their anti-Semitic claims that their hatred of Jews will somehow be accepted by Americans? I think it just makes them look so desperate. It is like Muslims post threads on this forum hoping "please, please, hate the Jews like I do"

Why are Muslims like new so violent and hateful to everyone but other Muslims?

Why do we tolerate bigots like new? People like this should be openly mocked and ridiculed for foisting their bigoted and hate filled views on the rest of us.

browntwn, Aug 14, 2009 IP
    robjones likes this.
  8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    This vile crap belongs back in the sewer from which it came.

I long ago dealt with this on this board. As you raise it again, for designs that can only be known to you, I guess I'll repost my thoughts on the subject of "Washington's anti-semitism", here:

Let me close with this - regarding your behavior here, I agree with Browntwn on this - even if you do find an anti-semite of "Founding American Letters," what did you hope to accomplish? Those of us who don't have an issue with Jews (or any peoples, actually, on the face of it), would suddenly do a head slap and either join the brownshirts, or burn our citizenship papers? Pretty stupid sounding, isn't it?

Your problem with Jews is evident. I'd suggest you find another mindset.

Paul

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    northpointaiki, Aug 14, 2009 IP
    Phynder likes this.
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It's also all over the web that 9/11 was a conspiracy and that WTC 7 was an inside job. Oswald had help. We never really landed on the moon.

The greatest thing about the web is it has given the troofers, conspiracy theorists, and moonbats a playground with which to crave a new reality.

Just cause you said it or read it, does not make it true. ;););)

Mia, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  10. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    @northpointaiki

The text you quoted is just from a wiki, and we all know how credible the wikis are

@robjones
    Yes, this is not enough proof of authenticity, but it also isn't the proof of in-authenticy

@brwntwn
    I don't know why you are so annoyed, there are daily threads here at dp mocking Islam, The Prophet and The Holy Book but you don't find them hateful
    Whereas this thread is not making fun of any one, it is just a simple question

new, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    It's actually from many sources, and I post Wiki as a convenience. Please be careful to read:

And do please go to:

http://memory.loc.gov/mss/mgw/mgw3h/001/378378.jpg

Please also read:

http://memory.loc.gov/mss/mgw/mgw3h/001/193192.jpg

If you had bothered so consider this, you'd be responding honorably.

Sigh. Please read this again. And have the honor to reflect, and reply:

This is from the Library of Congress, the link of which I provided to you earlier. Forgery, I'm guessing? The Franklin comments - more forgeries? Feel free to, you know, read the actual texts you've chosen to buy as a misrepresented thing, by a couple of brownshirts, or, just say to hell with it, admit you hate Jews, and we have the pile of stinking crap we have before us.

I don't condone hate directed towards anyone. I condemn anti-muslim hate, as I condemn hate as I see it here. All of it may kiss my ass.

12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Trust me junior... I know a tad more about US history and our founding father's writings/quotes than some foreign kid searching the net for fodder to support his personal hates & prejudices.
    Try again when you grow a brain.

robjones, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  13. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Think of the time period. Slavery was ok in George Washington's time. Some things were not understood back then.

eric8476, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  14. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the point of your post? George Washington's thoughts and involvement with slavery has NOTHING to do with this quote that had words changed in it to look anti-Jew:
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/thejews.asp

Reseg, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  15. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why I thought it was your attempt to malign Jews using the made up words of an American President. Silly me...

browntwn, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  16. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    I also don't know that why guys like you come shouting 'anti-jew, anti-sematic' even on the slightest mention of jews, isreal or zionosts in any post that does not portray them as heroes and Godfathers
    why do you think that these topics are untouchable?

new, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  17. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    New, please. Do you honestly think you're making any headway, by:

(1) posting what turns out to be, literally, some propaganda by a couple of American Nazis;

(2) refusing to evaluate and consider the actual evidence, showing you so;

(3) calling those of us who say, uh, no - these aren't Washington's words, they are in fact, propaganda by a couple of American nazis - as somehow delusionally under the spell of "Jews, Israel or Zionists?"

It seems to me you have done everything under the sun, but say, "sorry, I screwed up," and move on. Because you have been so persistent in this, doing everything you can to avoid the evidence, I can't help but feel you've got an issue with Jews, generally. May I suggest you get over it? We're all family, man.

18. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just answering the anti-jew statement
    why do you think that these topics are untouchable?
    don't you think that simply evidence showing this as mis-quoted was enough?

GW might have said that, might not have said that and it might be mis-quoted , I don't have a problem with that

But I am amazed at the attitude of those who are jumping just because there was the mention of word 'jew' there
    and hey .. they are not the religious extremists ... they are the liberal, modern and enlightened people

new, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I'll try one more time, New.

I don't think these topics are "untouchable," on the face of it. I think anything asked in sincerity, driven from an honorable curiosity, is a good thing.

It's pretty basic. Let's revisit the title of your topic:

Why did George Washington Say Such A thing.

When, guess what?

George Washington Didn't Say Such a Thing.

When shown this, you simply said the evidence was bullshit. To this moment, you've shown nothing indicating you've even looked at the sources provided, much less acknowledged your error. You've done everything under the sun, as I said, but that.

I will only speak for myself. Because you have chosen to say my taking issue with the statement:

Why did George Washington Say Such A thing.

is led by me being somehow under the spell of "Jews, Israel, Zionists," rather than what it is - it's, uh, false?; and because you've not revealed the slightest modicum here that you've actually done what reason calls for in this circumstance, which is, investigate, admit the error and move on, I conclude you've an issue with Jews, which I don't have time for.

Just as I don't have time for anyone hating any other for unworthy reasons. I don't have an issue with "Jews," a group of folks, just as I don't have an issue with "Muslims," a group of folks. I have an issue with bigotry, because it hurts the bigot, and those he or she despises. And because I belong to the community of man, it hurts me as well.

I mean it sincerely - none of us are going anywhere. All of us - all of us - have to find a way to stop hating each other.

20. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cause he knows how to speak properly in English. You see fellow peon, the word "so", in the English language, is a conjunction and adverb. So beat it! Beat it!

Oh and Snopes is a reliable source. I trust Snopes over you.

Stroh, Aug 14, 2009 IP