1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    But still technically incompetent.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  2. txf

txf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think firefox is always better ie ;)

txf, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  3. hello_welcome

hello_welcome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    firefox is the best then IE

hello_welcome, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  4. jobinjjp

jobinjjp Peon

Best Answers:
    IE-8 is more pwerfull.. It has many security features than firefox....

jobinjjp, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  5. newmannewy

newmannewy Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE8 blows ass.. its buggy, and crashes like a test dummy.

newmannewy, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  6. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No Doubt IE is good in user interface but can't beat firefox in pace and security my vote is still with Firefox.

wildogre, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  7. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    Pure bunk as usual. You've yet been able to deny that some sites only work properly with IE. Since that is a fact there's no reason to tell someone if they use IE at all they are idiots. You are technically inept. People visits sites because they want to and claiming they shouldn't visit a site that is useful to them because of the technology it uses makes no sense whatsoever.

It shows a complete misunderstanding of the real importance technology has in the lives of people. Isn't there a better way to drive traffic to your site? Why should anyone bother visiting from here? You post the same thing over and over there too.

nontemplates, Aug 13, 2009 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Over your ban I see. I also notice you never post on the technical boards which says a lot about your knowledge of things. You can't post there because you don't know anything yet you pretend to respond without saying anything. You have never, ever backed up anything you've ever posted yet are quick to rebuke anything I've said even though I back up everything with sources. Even when I've called you out on it you still don't back anything up. So go back to your non-tech boards where you can BS with other people of your kind and leave the big boy talk to the rest of us.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  9. amnesia623

amnesia623 Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE8 will not be taken seriously until is adheres to the standards set forth by the rest of the web community. This includes everything from security to page rendering. MS has purposefully decided to not implement these standards and it's a real shame.

Until MS puts their ego away, IE will always be less of a browser.

amnesia623, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  10. papachino

papachino Peon

Best Answers:
    i like firefox for the safety

papachino, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  11. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    Howard you are like a broken record. I post all over this board (which was incidentally a reason for a short ban - Misunderstanding a rule on the BST. Frankly the way you insult people over and over again because you have no life besides MS hatred puts you on a road for the same shortly).

There hasn't been a single thread we've been in that I haven't exposed conclusively your nonsense. Noticed you side stepped the question Howard. Aren't there websites that work best with IE?

cough blockbuster.com, cough cough . Many others and you know it.

Now since you are a broken record you at this point usually start with how the developers use bad technology yada yada yada.

Not the point. Point is why should someone who wishes to use these sites not use them because egads! the browser is from MS. People use technology but your tired, worn out, hollow, echoing over and over, dying on its last gasp, fallen but I can't get up argument is that they should join your sorry hate MS fixation and let it use them. Anyone who doesn't you insult with a lame self proclamation of superiority based on nothing but hot air.

People will use whatever works for whatever they want to do without your permission because frankly you're a no name posting on a forum and its a fool's game to listen to anyone desperate enough for attention to think they can prove themselves an authority on a public Internet forum.

So maybe its you that should leave. Go back to a forum where everyone whines and moans because their preferred OS can't manage to muster a decent percentage of desktop OS market. Huddle in a corner with people like yoursel who instead of looking to solve world hunger, find a cure for cancer, save children in developing countries from malaria or end the scourge of Aids instead choose their great cause in life to be a 2% decline of an OS' s usage. Its been sad and will forever be sad.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    nontemplates, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  12. Depechist

Depechist Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox 3.0 better, i use it

Depechist, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  13. Lanarkshire IT Services

Lanarkshire IT Services Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi There

FireFox with the NoScript and MalwareSearch add ons beats any version of IE security wise.

Regards

Lanarkshire IT Services, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  14. tonis

tonis Banned

Best Answers:
    According to the testing, IE 8 is the most security browser at precent.

tonis, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  15. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    What testing? You want to see real testing and not made up statements like yours? See my link below.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    BS! The best you can muster is a "No, you're wrong!" and then you change the subject. You have never, ever backed up anything you've said. And talk about sidestepping, you've backed down from every challenge I've given you. I'm through with you. You know nothing and you prove it with every post.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  17. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a basic case of
    Closed Source vs. Open Source

At the end, Open Source wins.

If there are security holes (all software have them) I believe FireFox will have the faster updates. IE7 still has open holes that havn't been patched, you could argue that they might be spending all their resources on IE8.

Like before stated, Open Source is the best way to go.

Dreads, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  18. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    As always what I have done is demonstrate your nonsense showing you point blank concrete evidence to which you always do the same - Run around hand waving in a circle shouting "I am one of the big boys you are stupid nana nana nana". Did you miss it? Here it is again

Cough blockbuster.com cough cough

Proof positive that there are sites that run better on IE and in fact can't run on Firefox at all without an add on.

So whose the one shouting you are wrong with Nada evidence? Thats you still running like the wind. Are there or are there not sites that are useful to people that run better on IE (also site that run better on Firefox as well).

Oh never mind. You never have any balance to your tirades and you have no answer for hard evidence.

Game. Set. Match

nontemplates, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  19. Atomos

Atomos Peon

Best Answers:
    http://nsslabs.com/browser-security-malware-3Q2009

It's the latest web browser security tesing performed by NSS Labs.

Atomos, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  20. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still with IE7. Firefox is great in terms of security. So I prefer FireFox to IE.

markov, Aug 17, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.