1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

earning dropeed from $30/day 2 mothns ago to $10/mo now

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by seodesignnet, Aug 13, 2009.

Hi.
    Without any change to my sites or traffic, earnings dropped considerably from $30/day to $10/day. What could be the cause? I can mention I have built other sites continuously, so the revenue should increase, no?

seodesignnet, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  2. Ironclad

Ironclad Peon

Best Answers:
    Google are currently going through quite a few changes. Quite a few others have observed similar drastic drops in revenue in the last few months.

Have your traffic levels remained the same? Have you added more ads to your pages? These changes can all have a marked effect on the amount the Google pays out.

Anyway, hang in there, watch how things develop. Keep building other sites.

Ironclad, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  3. adwordguru

adwordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, earnings esp cpc drops over the past few months.

adwordguru, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  4. seodesignnet

seodesignnet Peon

Best Answers:
    but this is a 70% drop, with me countinuosly adding more sites to my network, traffic continuously increasing and clicks also. Only CMP droped very hard. Is it my fault, am I doing something wrong?

seodesignnet, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  5. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    well..so that means your CPM and thus CPC has dropped right ?

That means you have been smart priced.Smart pricing occurs because traffic sent through your sites to the advertiser pages are not converting !!

The only way is to find which site is not converting and make traffic convert or remove adsense ads completely from it to increase adsense earnings in other site [but this may not be preferred by many].One way of making traffic convert is to increase the search engine traffic and try to minimize the social media traffic - this is because most social media traffic are aware of the adsense ads and might not click - so this means the advertisers' impressions are going waste.

Why does this happen?

Advertisers will get angry if people from your site do not buy anything - so that means advertisers are gonna leave adwords,right?This is why google starts showing ads of lower CPC on your site and keeps the higher CPC ads for the higher converting websites.

Hope this helped.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    evolveforever, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  6. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea the way I look at it, when you were making $30 a day there may have been an advertiser paying well. That advertiser stopped using adwords, and their might not be many other advertisers related to your niche or at least none paying as well so you are making less.

I could be wrong, just how I would take the situation.

CLS1321, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  7. bigbluesky2006

bigbluesky2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check to see if your traffic has dropped and also look at where your traffic is coming from. Adsense likes natural Search Engine traffic but isn't too keen on traffic from Social Media sites.

If you're getting roughly the same number of visitors and page impressions then it's time to look at your Click Through Rate (CTR) and eCPM to see what is going on there. A lower eCPM means your getting less per click.

It is possible that you are being smart priced but this usually isn't the case. You may want to remove any low performing ads from your site as these will often cause a lower eCPM.

bigbluesky2006, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  8. bananajoe

bananajoe Peon

Best Answers:
    This has most likely nothing to do with smartpricing. Think about the global economic situation and you'll get your answer. Every company worldwide is reducing expenses for advertising. Many webmasters (including me) are experiencing similar drops in their stats. I used to earn over 30 bucks a day and now i am down to 10 max.

So what can we do about it? Pretty simple: nothing. We just can wait until the recession is over!

bananajoe, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  9. justkidding

justkidding Active Member

Best Answers:
    if your traffic didn't decrease then try to block few of the advertiser that you doubt not good for your site or might have less eCPM. Try to have a keyword research on high paying phrases on your niche and add more pages on that.

justkidding, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  10. larryatdp

larryatdp Peon

Best Answers:
    The current economic situation may be a factor for the drop. Many companies are cutting back expenses.

larryatdp, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  11. blackworld

blackworld Peon

Best Answers:
    my earnings also dropped i am not able to understand will google fix this problem ??

blackworld, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  12. Earner's Vision

Earner's Vision Peon

Best Answers:
    People get real! It's not traffic itself that matters, it's the traffic quality.

AdGoogle analytics to your web site and track your bounce rate and other detailed info. One hit means nothing. One targeted hit makes all the difference.

Earner's Vision, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  13. loyal_cupid

loyal_cupid Peon

Best Answers:
    exchange link or banners with other site and get traffic + clicks

loyal_cupid, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  14. GridIron

GridIron Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a shocking drop for no apparent reason. It sounds like it might be impossible to rely too much on Adsense as a consistence form of added revenue.

GridIron, Aug 15, 2009 IP
  15. earnindollars

earnindollars Peon

Best Answers:
    There are several reasons for the drop. As said above it may be recession or other reasons. If google changed anything, we all we know within short time. So just wait and watch.

earnindollars, Aug 16, 2009 IP