1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Rep+ on positive thread report/s

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ht125, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi

I ussually browse DP everyday, and try to help mods by reporting posts and threads breaking the DP rules, specially in the BST forums.

Some time ago, I noticed Shannon (I think is a mod) used to rep+ when a positive report was made, however this didnt happen anymore during this year, so my suggestion is to also +rep these users helping mods with reports when the reports are confirmed by them.

In that way we, who use to help this way, get at least some good reputation for helping DP to be a clean community.

What do you think about? Let me know

ht125, Aug 12, 2009 IP
    Radz likes this.
  2. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Asking for Rep+ is not allowed as per the rules.
    You are asking it from the mods and that too in this forums?

I don't think it can be made a rule.If a mod is genuinely interested, he/she will rep you.
    That's all!

mdvasanth86, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  3. Happier

Happier Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this suggestion is good.It will encourage the members to make this site more clean.

Happier, Aug 12, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  4. ht125

ht125 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, Im not asking for rep here or there, Im just saying that there are some automatic rules that applies at DP, like posting in a wrong forum and getting an automatic infraction for that.
    My suggestion was, in the same way, to earn some type of point or reps when actively colaborating with the board like reporting bad posts.

Hope it helps (since is a suggestion :D )

ht125, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  5. ht125

ht125 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that´s exact what I mean

ht125, Aug 12, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  6. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fair enough.

There is a rule which states that you may/will be given infractions if you report a post and that post is not deemed inappropriate or break any posting guidelines of the forums. :eek:

Also, the restriction in the number of reps one can give per day applies to the mods as well ( I think ). So, This is very unlikely thing to happen.
    It also depends which mod gets to the report first. Too many parameters and complications. :eek:

mdvasanth86, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  7. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, rep restrictions apply to moderators as well, so no we won't give rep to everyone who makes a report. If someone makes a particularly good report or if they habitually make accurate reports then we may choose to rep them. It's in each mod's discretion, just like it's in every other member's discretion who they rep.

Also keep in mind that taking the time to leave rep for every report would make it take that much longer to get through the report lists. There's no way it could be made a rule.

jhmattern, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  8. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    not to mention we would run out of our daily allotment, gotta save some for other posts. ;)

sawz, Aug 13, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.