1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Directory submissions beneficial to gain ranking in particular country?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by prdomains, Aug 12, 2009.

Hi,

I have one question. There are thousands of free link directories in the world. I want to get good ranking in particular country ( e.g., India in Google.co.in ).

Will it be beneficial for me to submit into worldwide directories or i select particular country's link directories ( e.g. indian directories for google.co.in) to build links?

Please advise.

Thanks.

prdomains, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To rank better in your own country its a good idea to have your website hosted on a server located in india.

And use an indian domain extension.

Still submit to worldwide directories but obviously try and get listed in indian directories.

I have a blog, its a .co.uk and i have it hosted on a server in london, i get most of my backlinks from web directories all over the place, obviously if i find a uk directory il use one, but i dont only submit to uk directories.

The blog ranks well because of the following, UK targetted content, on a .co.uk, on a uk server, also not a saturated market.

pipes, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  3. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites are located in the US, however, I rank well in countries where I've gotten links from sites hosted in the respective countries (and with country specific domains). I don't rank as well for locations where I haven't gotten country specific links. So from my experience, you should try to get links from the countries where you want to rank.

freelistfool, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  4. cool_i

cool_i Peon

Best Answers:
    There is an advantage to having a domain with that countries extension but hosting in that country is more helpfull.
    You should also try to get listed in country specific directories and also try to find parter sites in that country.

cool_i, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  5. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't limit your submissions to one particular country

Brandon Sheley, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  6. bizco

bizco Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it's Very good if you can get from that particular country's link directories. But other links are also useful.

bizco, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  7. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can submit to regional web directories or web directories with Regional categories in them.

Ibn Juferi, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  8. timesharesolutions

timesharesolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Not just in a particular country,I might suggest to have a a ggod links around the world.......

timesharesolutions, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  9. bizco

bizco Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. But with regional web directories, it's good to have links from other directories with the related categories of your website subject.

bizco, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  10. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    top level domain can be misguiding, look for india hosted directories / business directories to have maximum impact. Though world directories will also be useful.

jitendraag, Aug 12, 2009 IP