1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Squidoo good for Bum Marketing? Do they allow affilaite links?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by WebAttend, Feb 21, 2008.

Hello all,

I'm thinking of trying my hand as a bit of a bum. Anyone had any experiances with Squidoo for bum marketing? Do they allow affiliate links directly in the lens.

Usfreeads really seems to have lost google's favor in terms of getting these things ranked.

Any advice is appreciated.

WebAttend, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  2. auburnfan23

auburnfan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im sure you can put whatever type of links you want in there and these lenses usually rank well in the SE's if they have good content and are keyword rich.

auburnfan23, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  3. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate links are fine. Just make a good lens filled with unique, targeted content.

MTbiker, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  4. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Squidoo allows any affiliate links. For SEO purposes, Squidoo is better than USfreeads.

If you want grab top ranking at Google with USfreeads, you need to consider a particular keyword which has under 2,000 results with the quote.

And Squidoo - a keyword which has under 100,000 results with the quote.

himanuzo, Feb 21, 2008 IP
    WebAttend likes this.
  5. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen people doing that.

MarketExpert, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  6. WebAttend

WebAttend Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice guys, am just looking at hubpages as well now? Any thoughts on which may be the better direction to target (compared to squidoo)?

7. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure there is a better, or even if it should be thought of as an either/or option... what I mean is why not use both?

If you're targeting a specific market or niche right now, why limit yourself to just one when there are lots of these self-publishing platforms out there which all do pretty well with search engines that you could utilize.

My suggestion is put together a solid list of keywords for whatever you're targeting and then optimize a page on each of these sites for one of the terms, and when possible inter-link these pages together for maximum exposure.

If you create good quality content and take care not to make your pages seem like sales pitches or spammy you can get great results from lots of platforms like Squidoo and HP.

ScottBannon, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  8. redspace

redspace Peon

Best Answers:
    well why don't you use both hubpages and squidoo. you might get both sites rank on the first page. who knows.

redspace, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  9. WebAttend

WebAttend Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice point redspace. I didn't think of taking 2 of those 10 spots :)

10. knight1

knight1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using all of them; squidoo, hubpages, EA, Usfreeads and what I do is use squidoo as the my foundation and then I make articles with EA and usfreeads pointing back to my squidoo page.

Hub pages by the way is alright but they really don't like the idea of you using it to promote affiliate links I even had one rejected because they said I was promoting affiliate links to much. Hub pages wants you to write more original and helpful articles rather than affiliate sales landing pages. I quit usin them.

The method of squidoo I use above also ranks my usfreeads up I am on the first page of google for keywords with over 10,000 in quotes. Try this method out and if your articles are well written you'll make $$$$.

laterz

knight1, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  11. houselistedfree

houselistedfree Peon

Best Answers:
    Great for SEO, and you can use affiliates

houselistedfree, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  12. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Hub pages has got tough on non-unique content and link spamming, so you might be better off with Squidoo. You can use both, and use one to promote the other, if you wish.

Cryogenius, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  13. chillymullet

chillymullet Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say no because Other wise you would have seen someone already putting this strategy to use. I reccomend that you be honest and actually Run a lens in a specific niche and have some affiliate links through-out the lens.

Squidoo is not meant for people who want to do fast paced marketing.

The site just wasnt made that way.

Goog luck!

chillymullet, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  14. cashmachine101

cashmachine101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard they've been cracking down on back links in Squidoo lately. If you have more than 2-3 links you'll need a lot of good content that isn't too sales oriented.

cashmachine101, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  15. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well yea there have been some issues with squidoo and its policy but it is still good and will get back on top in google due to its new policy:)

elitesystem, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  16. tikijj

tikijj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo got slapped around a bit by google and they are becoming the new hubpages in my opinion. They are cracking down on affiliate links and some topics get flagged pretty often. I don't think google favors squidoo as it used to, it takes quite a long time to get lenses indexed even if you join high PR groups. I had more success with hubpages than squidoo, but promoting affiliate products using hub can be a pain in the rear.

tikijj, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  17. flint3099

flint3099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had any problems on Squidoo by adding affiliate links to my lenses so far. Hubpages is pretty strict, and frequently flags hubs as spam.

I have had a hard time getting any lenses I created on Squidoo near the top of the search engines even with extensive link building. Hubpages on the other hand was on the top page soon as I created it for a keyword with around 300,000 results.

flint3099, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  18. sicnarf

sicnarf Member

Best Answers:
    Why are quotes used when doing research on keywords? A typical individual searching a topic wouldn't use quotes. By using quotes, wouldn't that give an artificially low number of search engine results when compared to not use quotes? I'm just getting started with Internet marketing so I'm trying to understand. Thanks in advance.

sicnarf, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  19. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Squidoo used to be great. Now it doesn't perform nearly as well for me.

dlm, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  20. dinglehead

dinglehead Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't perform as well as it used too... BUT it still performs. Certainly at least worth the time.

dinglehead, Aug 11, 2009 IP