1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hyphens in domain names ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by zinghana, Jul 1, 2009.

1. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    I never go for hypens personally because some intelligent brains find it difficult to remember it and many times landed in some other page. Its a simple psychological theory.

teckinik, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  2. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use hyphens for some reasons. One of them is to make sure your domain won't mislead what keyword it supposed to be emphasized. For example : experts-exchange.com, clearly known to be optimized for "experts exchange" keyphrase, while expertsexchange.com can also be optimized for "expert sex change" keyphrase.

mdamin76, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree here.... dashes do help as most everyone here on this thread will argue some get good results and some dont... but the one that have huge success with dash domains have the leading eage here..... they bought it for a reason... because dashes help build anchor free in a domain .... that's why they use dashes.... for those qo do not use dashes they don't know why or why not ..... like big tome Gee ... here whats important I feel ..who give a crap what the url name is as long as your ranking high ang getting traffic .... that what is important here.. TRAFFIC leads and contacts...... that why everyone uses different approaches ...... so when people type in your search term your on top of search... correct ... now anyone will never ever remember you out right but if they go online and type in corn beef sandwiches and corn-beef-sandwiches.com is at the top of search they are going to click that link..... the novice seo will tell you whats important tp your business and damm domain lusty name or search engine traffic... this is the web world.... not hotters beauty pageant...

Aaron111, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  4. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    my first two domains purchased in 1999 and 2000 have hyphens. still positioned in same spot they were 6 months ago.

abercrombie, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  5. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Is that a good comment on dashes or not what domains??/ your sig line displays only no dash domains ..

((still positioned in same spot they were 6 months ))) it that ranking high or ranking low??/ expalin please still positioned in same spot they were 6 months

6. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i prefer no dash but if the keyword i want is only available in a dash, then i'll gladly take the dash.

abercrombie, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  7. harishsyndrome

harishsyndrome Peon

Best Answers:
    no they do good.

torrent-damage
    game-monitor

arent they good.

I dnt check the pr though

harishsyndrome, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  8. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    my first two domains purchased in 1999 and 2000 have hyphens can you display the domain names and the pr ... is it high in serps..... :)