1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about blog responses

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 4rch3typ3, Aug 9, 2009.

Hey guys, I have a question about commenting on blogs in respect to building backlinks to a page. Ok.. say the blog has the typical comment form as such:

name:______
    Email:______
    URL:________
    Comment:____

When you leave a comment, what you input in the name section becomes the anchor for what you place in the URL section. (so when someone clicks on your "name" it links them to your site) So my question is... if one were to put one of their niche keywords in the name section to replace a valuable keyword anchor for their real name... would this be the same as an
    <a href="url">anchor</a> link as far as seo?

Im not condoning spamming of blogs in this regard.. Im just wondering

4rch3typ3, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  2. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not entirely sure. But what I do know is that many bloggers will delete your comments if you do that.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  3. chevchelios

chevchelios Active Member

Best Answers:
    The "name" will became the anchor. And yes, it is a backlink.
    (i'm not quite understanding what you are refering to)

chevchelios, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  4. ~ServerPoint~

~ServerPoint~ Banned

Best Answers:
    The coments on the blogs and other places are being moderated and if you leave the link there you need to understand that your action might be considering as spaming and such post will be delated

~ServerPoint~, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  5. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Many people do that and most bloggers detest that. I put keywordluv on my blogs to keep anchor text hungry commentators happy.

jitendraag, Aug 10, 2009 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  6. graciespencers

graciespencers Peon

Best Answers:
    dear,
    you need to understand that all these sections are for what they are meant for. dont try to make fool of bloggers they will easily recognize your links and will definately delete it if they don't like your link.

graciespencers, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  7. dadeon

dadeon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it becomes the anchor text and yes this will give you more linkjuice BUT the majority of blog owners won't approve your comment if you do that.

Nowdays every comment gets moderated and the first thing a blog owner looks at when moderating comments is the "name" - if it looks spammy they will immediately delete it.

Here's a sneaky stick:

Use a fake "nickname" - for example if you have a site on widgets you can put in a nickname like Widget John - that way there is at least a relevant anchor text without looking like a spammer.

dadeon, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  8. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    what you put in the name section would serve as the anchor text..and its considered as a backlink for a site/blog..to avoid your comment being deleted, make sure it is not spammy and its relevant with the post..:D

rypher21, Aug 10, 2009 IP