1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kontera Vs Infolinks (Personal Review)

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Solid_Nuts, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechCombo

TechCombo Peon

Best Answers:
    $300 a month? I really don't believe that! I have been using adsense and infolinks on my site lately...all i have accumulated off infolinks is $2 in 5 days of using it... you could not have got more than $1 per click could you? some of my clicks have been as low as $0.05!

TechCombo, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  2. sai_510

sai_510 Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Infolinks Team and Everybody,

Of course when compared to Kontera, Infolinks is much much better...no doubt in that.
    But then there are still some serious issues with Infolinks, which is very critical for all the publishers.

First of all, as mentioned by others too, I have seen a gradual decrease in the eCPM.

Secondly, many of the ads are still irrelevant to the words that they link to, although this has been improved a lot in the last few months.

Thirdly, the ads being displayed need flash player. Although this requirement is not so significant as almost 70-80% of my blog readers have flash installed, but then if these ads are based on javascript then I have better stats from my blog, as ~95% of my blog readers have Javascript in their PCs.

Finally, most important-why these ads SHOULD NOT be based on flash:
    If a reader clicks on these ads, they are opened in the same tab/window and as the ads are based on flash so by NO-WAY the reader can come to our blogs back as the BACK-button in the browser doesn't respond (if the reader was a first time visitor and doesn't know the blog's url), and therefore there are chances that we may loose a valuable reader (or may be a potential customer too).

BOTTOM LINE: Kindly either make the ads based on javascript or make the ads open in new windows.

sai_510, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  3. thewolf32

thewolf32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You think $0.05 is low?

thewolf32, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  4. victoryreds

victoryreds Peon

Best Answers:
    this is BS. i've been using infolinks for the past 6 months and you guys started off great but the payments have been getting lower and lower to the point where its not worth putting you guys on. i already switched all my sites back to kontera. everyone else should do the same.

victoryreds, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  5. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using infolinks for almost 10 months and I used to like it at the start. I used to earn a fair income of around 2-4 dollars a day with around 5000+ impressions on average and I thought it was fair as it is an additional inline ad income.

But I have to confess that I am really surprised and saddened by the drastic decrease in income from infolinks in the last few months. My infolinks income has decreased to just 20 cents - 50 cents nowadays while my ad impressions have increased to 12000+ on average. I am highly dissatisfied with infolinks payment rates. I believe their ads have also decreased which has resulted in somewhat lesser CTR. Moreover, they click rates and eCPM has decreased drastically and I am not sure if I would continue with infolinks if there is no improvement.

Previously I used to cross at least the payment threshold of 100 dollars almost every month. Infolinks makes payments on time but with their present rates, I cannot expect to even reach my payment threshold of 100 dollars soon. So, I might have to leave infolinks for good though I hope that their payment rates at least improve to some extent. I can afford a bit lesser payment but I cannot expect to collect 30 or 40 cents a day with over 12000 ad impressions. I cannot bother to collect only 10 or 15 dollars a month after working hard on so much impressions.

To give an idea of the drastic (maybe drastic is also a soft word if you check the statistics), I am posting screenshot of my earnings when I joined infolinks in November last year and I am also posting last month's screenshot. If you check the screenshots and compare it, then you will notice that everything has decreased including eCPM, Clicks and CTR etc. whereas I have increased the traffic in my websites and it has almost tripled since then. I would like to continue with infolinks but hope that these extremely low earnings from infolinks is rectified soon. We all webmasters do not want to leave infolinks but nobody can be bothered to earn only a few cents even after increasing traffic substantially.

November 2008 screenshot (the report is only from 6th November because I joined infolinks and started using them only since 6th November 2008)

[​IMG]

Last month July 2009 screenshot

[​IMG]

You can compare the traffic and ad impressions too for a better idea.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed and hope that infolinks support would do something about this so that publishers would not be forced to leave them. :(

waziuz, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  6. eastmobiles

eastmobiles Active Member

Best Answers:
    after checking all these states, i should say, i want to stay with infolinks

eastmobiles, Aug 13, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.