1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just took a NOSEDIVE on MSN! Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Bing' started by zee, Aug 5, 2006.

Ok my site just took a huge nosedive on search.msn.com

I was ranking on page 2 and now I am on the 30th page and in some cases I am on page 40+. Some of the other sites which were there with me on page 1 and 2 are almost still there. Is this normal? Does it happen ever now and then?

Also, I can not find index.php page in anywhere, instead, I now see my urls.php page in search results. Why? Why? :s

zee, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  2. Carlito

Carlito Peon

Best Answers:
    Calm down, give it a day or two, if you weren't doing anything shady to try to trick the search engines and your site is worthy of a decent ranking, then it'll almost definitely come back, maybe even higher than it was.

So in other words, yes, it does happen every now and then :)

Carlito, Aug 5, 2006 IP
    freakykiwi likes this.
  3. sitewizard

sitewizard Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this definately isn't something that just happened only to you... it is usually regular for sites to take dives in search engines while the search engine is re-crawling over your site. You should be back up in the top 10 within the next week or two.

sitewizard, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  4. tgo

tgo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your not alone, i had over 40 keyword phrases on page one of their results. Two days ago they all droped 20+ spots to the 3-5th pages. They keyword tracker here is what let me know. All msn keywords are red with -20 to -50 for the last 2 days. Google and yahoo have remained the same.

tgo, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites took a big hit today too....... I hope it comes back, does happen here and there.... Top 3 on a single word and now it is gone....

clasione, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  6. sitewizard

sitewizard Peon

Best Answers:
    See, there are others experiencing it too ;)

sitewizard, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  7. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    I did some onpage optimization. Wrote articles and posted them to article direcotries, uploaded fresh content and did some linkbuilding. Google cached my site almost ever a month and I was actually hoping for better results and this just comes as a huge shock and disappointment (I am too new to this stuff)

I am kinda glad that I am not alone in this. So you say, I should give it a day or two eh? Ok we can do that :) What if I don't reappear back in top 10 in a week? If this happens then how do professional search engine optimizers get their sites back on the top?

MSN is important to me as I don't have any rankings in other search engines :s I wouldn't panic if I had some traffic coming from mother google or sister yahoo :s

Thank you for the prompt replies guys!

zee, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  8. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    It is annoying when it happens - and it will happen if your site is relatively new. It is in a constant state of flux, the only real thing you can do is continue writing content and developing links and hopefully things will return to normal.

Ganceann, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  9. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Links...

writing...

got it :)

zee, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  10. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Just did a site:www.sitename.com and in one of the results, I got this...

Can anyone tell me what this means? Also, I can not see my index page in the results :s

zee, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  11. codyturk

codyturk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah my sites took a nose dive also. One recovered and the other is still doing badly. I'm confident that it will be back up there.

codyturk, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  12. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    I just found a very disturbing comment named after my website! It also has a link from my website! It contains comments about Iran and Hizb guys! What the heck is going on?

http://www.nonoco.com/blog/archives/2005/02/post_5.html

It's very disturbing and it's making me think if that's the reason why I was pushed down the search results? I mean I don't understand, why would anyone use MY website's name and put up links there on page with a lot of sh**!!!!!!!!!

zee, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  13. saky

saky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is a commun technique. Me too I found my URLs on japaneese "adult" sites (blogs). I don't know why, but my idea is that this technique is used by some people to get their competitors out of the race.
    If your website is about cell phones, but there is millions of incoming links with anchor text about teens, then you'll not rank good for your cell phone's keyowrds...

saky, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  14. jnm007a

jnm007a Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, Does your site have a some affiliate banners or advertising? Apparently,msn has been dropping a lot of those types of sites.

jnm007a, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  15. tgo

tgo Peon

Best Answers:
    That would probably be my issue then. My site is just a affiliate site.

tgo, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  16. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    No, I don't have any affiliate programs. Lots of links though but those too on relevant pages.

zee, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  17. Quizak

Quizak Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,

I have taken a huge hit from MSN. If anyone has info on the MSN update, please explain.

I went from number one or two spot on over 15 of my sites to the 3rd page or just vanished all together.

I thought that if I added pages to my sites, they would jump back once again like they usually do when they slip in the SERPS. After the sites got cache, the stayed exactlly were they are, in no man' land.

I also see alot of garbage at the top of keywords that I used to rank high for. What is this about? Does it reallly take 2 weeks for the algo / shuffle to complete?

My sites have Adsense/YPN and no affilate ads.

Any response would help me in a huge way. Losing a hundred dollars a day here.

Thanks

Quizak, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  18. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Where did you read that?

zee, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  19. Quizak

Quizak Peon

Best Answers:
    So, thoughts???

Quizak, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  20. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are these new sites?
    I find new sites rank great in MSN for the first few days/weeks then suddenly drop off while the spam creeps back to the top

longroad, Aug 9, 2006 IP