1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to be on top of Google (and other search engines)?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by asharfivig, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Poker Rakeback Mafia

Poker Rakeback Mafia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. You could well be right. There are commands for meta name="keywords" and meta name="description" but not meta name="title"

Poker Rakeback Mafia, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  2. asharfivig

asharfivig Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG - Lots of great points. I don't get one thing ...

When you say "get links or build links" .. what does that mean? :confused:

asharfivig, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  3. asharfivig

asharfivig Peon

Best Answers:
    "Get as many links as possible with your key phrase as the anchor text." - I don't understand this. Sorry, I am a noob. Could you please explain this?

4. Poker Rakeback Mafia

Best Answers:
    You need to get links to your site from other sites. You also have to format the links to say whatever your key phrase is. Do you know how to do this?

5. asharfivig

asharfivig Peon

Best Answers:
    So, basically I have to go to other sites and ask them if they can put my site's link on their site? That is like advertising on their site, right?

6. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    what he means is you need links back to your website. http://www.web1marketing.com/glossary.php?term=Anchor+Text Take into account Page rank and the theme of the website. Ie you own a football website so get a link back from the sites related to football or you could even post articles about football and put at the bottom of the article a link back to your site using anchor text (also called a text link), or you could participate in forums related to your chosen subject and put a text link in your sig, there are many ways to get backlinks

Michelle., Aug 9, 2009 IP
  7. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends where you want to put the link, if it's in a forum sig you won't need to ask but you may need a minimum number of posts before livelinks are enabled for you. I recommend you read a book on basic SEO before starting. I learnt a lot just by reading one book, more then I could have done reading these forums because over here nothing is in one place but all the basic info you need to know should be in a good SEO book.

8. asharfivig

asharfivig Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Michelle!

I know what an anchor text is. "get a link back from the sites related". I now understand how to put links back to my site from articles & forums. How else can I get back links from other sites (non-forums). Through link exchange, right? I will put my link on their site and they will put their link on my site.

9. Poker Rakeback Mafia

Best Answers:
    The easiest way to get links to your site is by commenting in other peoples blogs. Make sure you leave a good, relevant comment, then the blog owner won't mind if you leave a link at the bottom of your comment. To turn your link into an anchor link you use basic html. <a href="your sites address">your anchor text</a> you really need to learn basic html and basic seo.

10. asharfivig

asharfivig Peon

Best Answers:
    That is the description I was looking for. Thanks Poker Rakeback Mafia. LOL, I know basic HTML and other languages. Thanks a lot.

If there are other good points, then please post them.

11. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    wouldn't recommend link exchange personally unless it's a permanent link. If for example you buy 100 recipricol links then your subscription ends and all the links are taken of their websites this would raise suspicion and google might penalise you. If you do go for this, check how much traffic you're getting from the link exchange partners as it's pointless if they're not sending you traffic.

One way links carry more weight and you would benefit a lot more by having good quality inbound links. You could also join social media sites ie squidoo.com hubpages.com wordpress.com digg.com blogger.com (remember to remove the nofollow tag in the template at blogger.com so the bots will spider your link, don't spam, write good content )

12. asharfivig

asharfivig Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Michelle. Great info. I will do that.

13. PhotonElectron

PhotonElectron Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality of backlinks is the key, make sure to get them from plenty of high PR sources.

PhotonElectron, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  14. truebluefishing

truebluefishing Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree with statement about link exchange, exchanging links has worked well for me, however it only works if you exchange with quality relevant sites.

truebluefishing, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  15. WebTr4ffic

WebTr4ffic Peon

Best Answers:
    The guys above have pretty much summed it up. Link exchange is old school, and you don't actually need to exchange your link to get a link on someone elses website. Article submission and website directories are great ways to do this. You could also create a blog for your website and link your main site from it.

WebTr4ffic, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  16. kipas_listrik

kipas_listrik Banned

Best Answers:
    my blogs 2month old, but my article can stay at 10 top list at google, i'm just using nice keyword, coz im nubie about SEO
    an want learn from master like sultanofseo..

check www.mbotee.com is 2 month old with PR3

meby u can do it to increase ur PR from zero to hero (6)...:D

kipas_listrik, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  17. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Before anything else, make sure you target the right keywords. Are they competitive or not? Do they have good search volume? Your linkbuilding efforts depend on your keyword selection.

mrandrei, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks from PR7 pages will help a bunch. But backlinks from high-PR sites won't be much help if the actual page containing your link is PR0 (which is often the case).

Jim4767, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  19. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    build backlinks is key to top on every search engine

newlogo, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  20. eBiXie

eBiXie Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO and good content (if you are using blog) are the important factor to get top in the google and other search engines.

You have to study about the competitors 1st, after that only you can start working on it.

Thanks

eBiXie, Aug 9, 2009 IP